Vive Pro

>Vive Pro is a new HMD upgrade from Vive, built for VR enthusiasts and enterprise users who want the best display and audio for their VR experiences. Vive Pro includes dual-OLED displays for a crisp picture resolution of 2880 x 1600 combined, a 78% increase in resolution over the current Vive HMD.

>This premium resolution enhances immersion for VR enthusiasts, and the improved clarity means text, graphics and overall experience all come into sharper view. Vive Pro also features integrated, high-performance headphones with a built-in amplifier to offer a heightened sense of presence and an overall richer sound. Vive Pro’s new headstrap was built with enhanced ergonomics and comfort, including a sizing dial for a more balanced headset that decreases weight on the front of the headset. Additional improvements include dual microphones with active noise cancellation and dual front-facing cameras designed to empower developer creativity.

>Also unveiled today, the Vive Wireless Adaptor will be the first to market with a truly wireless VR headset integration for both Vive and Vive Pro.

>The Vive Wireless Adaptor features Intel’s WiGig technology and offers a premium VR wireless experience that operates in the interference-free 60Ghz band, which means lower latency and better performance. The Vive Wireless Adaptor will ship in Q3 to customers worldwide.

>More details on Vive Pro availability and price will be made available soon.

blog.vive.com/us/2018/01/08/htc-vive-raises-bar-premium-vr-new-vive-pro-upgrade-wireless-vive-adaptor/

guess the price

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MNZG4YO8ugo
uploadvr.com/heres-valves-second-generation-base-station/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

would be my guess

599 US Dollars

$800 or $1k

I'm still buying one.
lol

Wow, they managed to make it look even more autistic than the old one.

800 Dollars at best

Bigger resolution is cool, but I probably won't be able to take advantage of it with my 970, will I?

hardly, and at 90fps only with reduced details.
ive run 1440p before on it

This. Zero wife acceptance factor. Which is strange, as Facebook is behind this.

Vive is Valve. Rift is Facebook.

Finally. I've been waiting for the "Vive 2" since Rift/Vive first released before getting into VR. Hopefully it truly feels like a significant upgrade. Would be willing to buy it for $1k if it lives up to expectations.

It's not a Vive 2. That's still a ways off.

Kinda smart of them to position it as the premium model while still selling the base model(I assume at a discount).

Why is the vr community so autistic about built in audio? I'd rather use my own.

It seems to be an upgrade in screen specs, comfort, and audio quality with the speakers. When I said Vive 2, I was basically looking for a significant improvement of video quality/comfort, which is what this has the potential to be. I'm going to be rushing out to pre-order or buy one though, I'll be waiting for reviews and look for an opportunity to try it for myself before spending however much it ends up costing.

I just didn't want to invest in the "first" gen VR where there are so many improvements that could be made.

Yeah, I'm doing the same.

For me basically the deal breaker will be if I can comfortably view regular video using it.

More cables, less comfort.

*I'm not going to be rushing out

When gen 2 finally comes out this year, people will clamor over gen 1 since it will cost less.

Great, but isn't the tech a bit premature?. The strongest GPU within a reasonable cost is the GTX 1080ti and it's barley able to do supersampling with the current vive (from what i've been reading)

Having another cable run to your pc is less convenient
The wireless solution actually makes this a pretty lucrative option that does not need retarded cable holder setups

I run my Vive and Oculus on a 2600k with a 1080ti flawlessly. Bringing up super sampling as negative is pure retardation. Sure it's nice to do but it's obviously going to push hardware to the limit in this scenario. Don't forget there is a new GPU architecture on the horizon as well...

$999 for the complete package with the wireless adaptor

You know the headset has an audio jack built in right? You don't have another cable to run.

The idiotic normie types complain about these things they are the same ones who think setting up the Vive is hard and can't handle mounting them on a wall and use bitch boy tripods. Stand alone headsets are far better especially if wireless... The Vive cables are no big deal and you easily navigate around them. Most of you live in a shit hole and won't have the issue of max room scale and cable length like I do but it's still not an actual problem just a limitation. I skipped TP cast since it's a bit janky hopefully the Vive solution is seamless but wireless is obviously a great upgrade it just needs to be integrated properly and the battery packs are still a problem.

Almost every negative comment about VR is by someone too poor to afford it who has never used a real headset before.

>inb4 more resolution still doesn't fix the screen door effect
I want full 4k per eye on a non-chink headset already dammit
I don't care if I have to upscale it. I just don't want things to look like I have a 480p CRT monitor 4 inches from my face

It's not hard, just inconvenient. But yeah, less hassle and lack of wires are pretty much the end goal for headsets

In my experience people that actually have it complain about weird stuff like sweaty face, sore legs, or my gripe, my head being too big for the straps to hold on properly.

Wireless is a common want too, plus it's real annoying to read text in VR presently.

>enthusiasts
>enterprise
>premium

its gonna cost an arm and leg isnt it?

The cables can be an issue imo- moreso than twisting them up is stepping on them funny and yanking the cable box out of your computer. I'm not even sure how I do it, but it happens. Been thinking about trying a ceiling mount.

Yes. This is obviously marketing it as a top end product to justify a horrendous price tag.

Then people who were against gen 1 will tell everyone to buy gen 1 because it cost less. I will never understand Sup Forums.

youtu.be/MNZG4YO8ugo

fug. I was waiting for a Vive update to buy into VR but I'm guessing these new models are gonna push $2k. And they wont lower the price of the original Vive because its targeting a different segment.

>or my gripe, my head being too big for the straps to hold on properly.
wait fuck my head is huge too and I was thinking of buying the vive pro

now I'm worried

The current model is already priced too far above the Rift. Give it some time, it's overdue another price cut.

Nah, if it's anything like the deluxe strap it's fine- as it is right now, the welding mask mod works wonders because fuck paying 100$ for a strap.

2K?! Don't be insane, it would be DOA.

I'm getting similar price to the original Vive when it first dropped. Anything more than $800 isn't going to sell.

Explain why dev models of the Hololense cost $3000. People buy that shit.

LOL. VR hardware is never going to look sleek or even decent looking, guy looks like an idiot.

Any preview videos yet?

It's different hardware that is mixed reality focused and also serves as a development platform/SDK for development on a professional level not just to fap with...

>VR hardware is never going to look sleek
I doubt that, you're aware of how computer monitors and phones used to look like, yes?

>cares about own appearance when you have a VR headset on your head.

You will probably never see VR glasses that look like ordinary glasses anytime soon. AR? Yes, but a VR headset will still be large.

Old - Current - Pro

The fuck is "old" supposed to be?

I labeled it as that think of it as the original DK you idiot it's a PPI comparison.

>2880 x 1600 resolution OLED display ( 1440 x 1600 per display) makes the new Vive Pro a full 78% higher resolution than the standard Vive headset, which is 2160 x 1200

sheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiit, that looks cyberpunk AF.

fag

Oculus Rift CV1.

>These [new base stations] were first mentioned last year and said to be smaller and more efficient than their predecessor, which currently ships with the original Vive.

>Whereas the first base station was box-shaped, this one has a curved front. Crucially, though, the new setup supports up to four base stations, whereas the previous model supported two. That should make for even more accurate VR experiences when they arrive later this year.

uploadvr.com/heres-valves-second-generation-base-station/

>do u kno de wey?

Yet the Oculus Rift CV1 has less of a screen door effect.

This is not for mass market this is not "vive 2"

Just count how many times it says premium or developer or enthusiast.

And im sure its expensive as hell.

wat? are you legally blind?

>no eye tracking
back to waiting for gen 2

If they're just revealing the enthusiast version now then gen 2 is gonna take such a long while, damn

Look at the huge black spots on the vive

I dont play any games except CSGO, making the vive useless

My Rift that I bought new a few months ago looks more like the first pic.

Csgo is the casuals rainbow 6

>industrial design by Blue

that whole rig for the headphones is too big. i'll wait for gen 2.

rainbow 6 is the casuals arma 3

>no eye tracking
>so you can't lower the resolution of out of focus areas to gain performance
Trash, especially with current bloated GPU process

You realize HoloLens has its own dedicated hardware right? It's a 100% independent device. Fucking retard.

fuck you what the fuck is this dumb resolution sie on this picture

this

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY

Why Sup Forums/ complaining?
That looks Cyberpunk as fuck.

Are we finally entering cyberpunk era?

we have to go deeper

So pimax 8k still wins? Better resolution and fov

Now that Valve released there silly vr headset, can we get Half Life 3 or are they still waiting for better headset

Give up, nerd.
Even the lead writer said it's not happening.

big and gay

Arma3 is the autists LARP simulator

was that not about half life 2 : episode 3? no one has confirmed HL3 is off the table.

>Valve
htc

I was about to point how at game studios they have different teams that do different shit then i remember that this is valve which has a culture where anyone can do whatever they want which is why HL3/Ep 3 isn't happening because they can't get a full team together because no one cares about pandering to series fans when they could be doing new creative shit instead.

Ah, yes, more valve "Our playtesters revealed that players would often press the wrong button in this situation so we changed it so you could press either button and it would solve the puzzle" playtested to death games

>inb4 cyber era

>i remember that this is valve which has a culture where anyone can do whatever they want which is why HL3/Ep 3 isn't happening because they can't get a full team together because no one cares about pandering to series fans when they could be doing new creative shit instead.
You think it's a good idea but the problem with this mindset is that they're no longer a small company with a small amount of people. They're a big company with a fuckton of people. You can see the result of it from the fact that they haven't released a game in years.

Why not just go 2160 combined?

They need to bite the bullet and go carbon fiber

give it back, LeGenius Jackson

this. At market start it will be sold without everything, just the bare hmd to upgrade in old lighthouse with old controllers. Ebay will be flooded with naked Vive 1 hmds because of the update.
Bundle with new lighthouse (and maybe new controllers) 2nd half 2018. I'm guessing >1k$
also this. I like my Sennheisers and I doub't that these built in ones can reach them.

The oled screen is going to be the biggest difference.

Being able to get much deeper blacks will increase the immersion.

You like that, now don't you?

HTC manufactures it, but Valve is a codeveloper and partner.

so uh, should i get vive pro?

I have zero VR experience, and my dad told me the regular vive was blurry as fuck.

then your dad is retarded and doesn't know how to sett it up,

it wasn't his setup, he tried it out at a friends place.

then his friend is retarded not showing him how to sett up the screens