ITT: We pretend it's the year 2000

Other urls found in this thread:

chris.com/ascii/joan/www.geocities.com/SoHo/7373/transp.html
my.mixtape.moe/xxpspp.mka
attrition.org/archive/www.detonate.net/matrix-orig/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

faggot

/thread

What the fuck, Windows 98 broke on new years!

I can't wait for Microsoft to release ME, I don't want to use some shitty server OS. I can't even run my older programs on it.

Duke Nukem 4 is going to come out soon, I'm so exicted

Guys can you recommend a good PCI 3D accelerator? My motherboard doesn't have an AGP slot im on a budget and want to play CounterStrike please help!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your webpage to help him gain world domination.

Windows 2000 went gold in 1999

Get over it, NTVDM is crap, but the Win32s emulation is shittier

I do that every day, thank you very much.

Hi guys, have you seen the movie "matrix"? I want to be a hacker too

The fucks a google

WTF iS OSI SmoKiNG TheSE pVp cHaNgEs suxx0rs!!! n0w all teh n00bs WiLL bE flOcKinG 2 tRaMmel (aka cAr3beArLaNd ROFLMAO) 2 avoid bein pWNed by 1337 PkeRs liek URS TR00ly... RIP UO g0in t3h wAy oF EQ bY nErFinG EvErYth1n... lolz

It's like Yahoo but it has an "I'm feeling lucky" button

I nostalgia'd even as my brain was hurting from trying to read that

Sounds dumb, I'll just stick with altavista

Litterally no reason to upgrade from win 95, you losers just love spending money for that scam artist bill gates

Nice year to be alive. My dad is crippled in a wheelchair, my mom runs amok yelling at him because he is..well, crippled, and I got a AMD K6 450Mhz for uhm..dunno why. But I can play Commandos and MegaRace like a charm.

>forgetting about 98SE

Man, Yahoo Chess is great! There are sometimes 40,000 people playing chess on the weekends! This place will be here forever!

>A_hot-Babe_cc_32: can someone teach me how to play? lol
They never changed in the end

I'm in a dorm at Kunsan, Korea with my first PC, an eMachines Celeron 400/64MB.98SE.

I have an external HP parallel port CD burner and just burned a Corel Linux CD to load my extra hard disk. I don't dual-boot (fuck that then and now) and use a swap rack instead. I had to buy a Jaton Explorer hardware modem (all that was available locally) because Winmodems weren't supported.

Win95/98/NT are the Air Force desktop OSs. I get to sort those out instead of doing my real job because Admin pukes don't into cumpyooters.

Good times, ammo bowls of soju, and cucumber kimchi.

checked!
Cheers to the Animal House of online chess. May the memories last forever. My cat is walking across my keyboard.

was this one of those "Good old days. Men were men, women were men, and kids were FBI agents" type of situation?

Guys, I poked motherboard with screwdriver, while I was installing my new Athlon CPU, and now it doesn't POST.

>ITT: We pretend it's the year 2000
Calling you a faggot...and it's funny.

Windows ME is a shit, MS-DOS mode is gone and this shit is unstable as a fuck, don't buy one.

Let's go to Chat Avenue and chat to some hot girls & see some tits & vagina.

Got connected to 1 MEGABIT ADSL, feels nice, internet is super-mega FAST.

Wallpaper?

GeForce 2 GTS, duh

YAY! i have an AMD AthlonXP with my AGP Voodoo3 vid card. running Linux Slackware 8

life is simple again!!!

Cant lose with a setup like that

Exactly! Yahoo Chess = a lot of guys. Some girls(guys). Some girls(FBI). Some girls(girls) who liked to visit because of all the attention they'd get.

Yahoo had free player ids, so an infinite number of humorous/topical id names would appear. You could post your own pictures on your "player profile page" (hilarity/lewdness ensues). Performance art in the chat. And bait, of course. And since this was 2000, the majority of people were new to the online thing, and what is easily recognizable bait to us now, was fresh back then. And there was less edginess, as a whole. It was a softer, friendlier place.

No mods! It started out as the Wild West, and later went full Mad Max.

You had normies and chess geeks, poets and philosophers, script kiddies and hackers, really fun people and angry autists, trivia bots and chess engines, the rise and fall of Ladder, the war war vs. ping bombs, invite floods, and lounge squatting. People fell in love, fell out of love, and fell in love again.

It was an innocent age.

PII running at a stunning 333 MHz, 256 MB DDR RAM, ATI GPU w/ 64 MB video RAM

Partitioned my 13 GB HDD so it has a stable WinNT 3.51 install dual booting S.u.S.E. 7.something.

I can't figure out how to slow this beast down. My dial-up is literally on fire.

you can get a riva tnt on pci

dude I just discovered this sick site called rotten.com

share your ICQ number

dude i made my vacuum cleaner play a midi last night

Oh shit I've been born

Cool

>Let's go to Chat Avenue and chat to some hot girls & see some tits & vagina.

Fuck I miss chatavenue, I had some real cool friends there

fug... memories

>Let's get this out onto a tray! Nice! mmkay!

aol chatrooms are the best. anything and everything pirated delivered straight to your inbox!

oh man you got the millenium bug because you didnt millenium proof your computer? It worked out for me because I got norton.

>tfw when I still miss sygate personal firewall and those assholes at norton bought and destroyed the best windows firewall ever

I dont remember the bunny back then but i found me a site stuck in the 90s.
chris.com/ascii/joan/www.geocities.com/SoHo/7373/transp.html

Hey guys I got a translated ROM of Pokemon Gold! I'm gonna catch Togepy and Pikablu!

Just invested all my life savings in a brand new business on the 44th floor.

>PII running at a stunning 333 MHz, 256 MB DDR RAM, ATI GPU w/ 64 MB video RAM

Ahahahaha enjoy your 66mhz bus speed. I have a 450 i use to help coordinate the WTC renovation.

I got Silver for Christmas that year. Fun times.

kek

*cries because i was born this year*

Bought Civilization II with the money from the summer job. So much to do and oh the replayability! I think I don't need to worry about upgrading my Windows 95 Pentium 90MHz with 16MiB RAM for the coming Civ III. This game is insane.

>I think I don't need to worry about upgrading my Windows 95 Pentium 90MHz with 16MiB RAM for the coming Civ III.

just bought myself a PSOne for $160 with my pamphlet run money

juzt got a Pentium II 400mhz with a voodoo3 graphics card and holy fuck my mind has been blown!!! quake 3 arena runs so good omg!!!!

Nobody was worried about terrorism. Gas prices were still absurdly cheap (they dipped below $1/gal in ~1999). The tech boom was insane. Microsoft was still asking idiotic "puzzle" questions, and every fucking wannabe shithole company thought they needed to ask puzzle questions, too.

u guys! I got a SEGA dreamcast! It's more powerful then your stupid Voodoo PCs! SEGA is back and going to rule vidya again baby!

the ps2 was already out by 2000, and everyone knew the dc couldn't compete with the ps2
the ps2 was such a step forward that people get confused about whether or not the dc was even a 6th gen console, often only mentioning ps2/gc/xbox

I will never understand why the fuck they attached the cable to the bottom part of the pad.

that part actually makes sense to me, why have it at the top, when it just bends back down towards the ground?
the only reason it was a problem was because the dc controller cables were short, making the cable position stand out more

I mean, unless you keep your arms up constantly when playing that'd make sense. I like to lay back and rest my hands in my lap and it always bent the cable.

hey guys i'm 9 years old wtf am i doing here

even with your hands resting on your lap, wouldn't the cable just go down between your legs?
and even in that case, that's not just the positions' problem, but also that the controller centre is quite low, if it was thinner in the middle, like a playstation controller, it might not have been in the way still

OMG NOTHING HAPPEN AFTER Y2K WE ARE STILL ALIVE!!!

I come from the future, do not buy any pentium 4 processors! They will ruin your life.

I come from the future, do not buy any intel processors! They will ruin your life

Strange?.. You won't get away with this!

GeForce 4 MX 440

you better have played that MIDI file

The P4 HT served me well though.
What are you, poor? Can't afford nice things for a limited time?

not him, but i don't even have a midi sequencer setup anymore
here's a rendered version of it;
my.mixtape.moe/xxpspp.mka

I love my new matrix wallpaper

Will you guys migrate from RM2k to RM2k3 ? they even announced RMXP which won't be compatible apparently

Word on the street the industry is looking to move on to an open standard called Universal Serial Bus.Haha good luck

Nice locale! Your business is gonna be booming soon!

You're crazy, in five years there won't be any ports left except FireWire. I mean who's ever heard of a port that can do data AND video!!!!!!!

Fuck, that image is huge.

Steve jobs was still alive.

I know this song, but I can't quite place it. What the hell is it?

he still is, you dumbass. just because he retired from microsoft doesn't mean he died

Can't remember shit I was 5 years old.

Admit it, you'd buy one if you could afford it

*shits*
*cries*
*uses a mac*

come on ride the train the choo choo ride it.

Limewire fucked my pc again. Wtf is this purple monkey doing here!?

do you Yahoo?

I could afford it and I did buy it.
4Gig HD and 96Meg of RAM. 400MHz G4 PPC.
The Velocity Engine made short work of things like DNETC.

My dad refused to buy me it, said "Apple users literally eat shit out of their hands" ~1999

Invest in machines that calculate huge amount of SHA hashes

Can't wait to go to on my school trip to New York in September next year, it's going to be sooooo cool!!

Isn't Matchbox Twenty great!!!
Downloaded their songs on kazaa!

Some horrible loosey goosey goopy rounded corners mess will replace 98
>upgraded to ME
good job, idiots

hey guys i hear xp is coming out soon. add me on aol btw: pussylickerrr1987

What's limewire?

>Hi guys, have you seen the movie "matrix"? I want to be a hacker too
attrition.org/archive/www.detonate.net/matrix-orig/

Just admit it. You would buy one if you could afford it. Unlike Mac losers, these bad boys run IRIX based on real System V UNIX.

Have you guys seen that Mac OS X Apple are developing?
I've pre-ordered the public beta already, my PowerMac G4 is gonna wipe out you Wintel plebs once we get a more modern OS.

Try asking jeeves