Are curved monitors a meme?

Are curved monitors a meme?
Is high refresh a meme?

Only asking cause my desk is in the corner so curved would let me fit a bigger display.

The biggest meme in that picture is freesync.

What's wrong with freesync? I heard it works great

It doesn't

bump

Yes
No

Also ignore this retard

It's all a meme you fucking retard
Give up already

Does it have a negative impact on the monitor?

I was thinking that.

I just want a bigger screen in my cover corner sadface.png

I'm in the same situation. Many people say curved screens look good and mean that you have to turn your head less on a 21:9 display. But I don't know any impacts on the display quality itself.

Only real issue I can think of is that the edges lack the clarity of the center or most flat screens, but that's fine for me since my desktop is mostly for video games. I used my laptop for everything else cause comfy portability.

I bought a curved 34" 29:1. I do not regret it.

which one?

>mfw I'm using a 10 year old Samsung t260r because it just won't die.

Why can't someone just make a good 4k monitor with 144hz with good color and no curve bullshit I have concave screens

because it's not that simple

Guess I'll be waiting another 10 years then

Curved is fine, but pointless on anything that isn't an ultrawide. That said, 21:9 is great for productivity.

At 27" and 16:9, curved is pretty hard meme territory. If you were looking at 34" and 21:9, it's much less meme and can make a difference, especially if you're positioned closer to the monitor rather than a meter or so back. Curved 27" makes no serious difference over flat as far as deskspace goes, and your face would have to be about 20-30" away from it to experience any "immersion" effects. (pro-tip: you won't with 27"/ 16:9)

FreeSync is pretty fucking awesome with a quality monitor that implements it well and a GPU with a solid pair of balls to handle a fuckton of processing. If you get a 560, FreeSync is not going to help out very much, and certainly nowhere near 144 Hz.

Post more detailed information on your overall system specs (CPU GPU) and what you intend to use it for.

Curved is a total meme for plebs.
High refresh rate is mostly placebo for non manchildren.

I love my curved monitor. It's easier on the eyes.

Curved ultrawide with high refresh rate is the way to go. I have a dell aw3418dw and it's delicious.

What a meme

Why is nobody talking about OP's disgusting status bar?

nice triple dubs

Well, shit.

curved screens are bad for video/photo editing

asus are making an hdr 4k 144hz, it was supposed to come out last year but got delayed

oh fuck off

I ordered a Samsung 32" C32F391FW 1080p VA panel curved monitor a week ago, and it delivers to my house tomorrow. List price is $399. I got it cheap off Amazon for $248.

Probably stupidly overpriced

curved is shit if you dont get a 21:9 monitor, its absolutely horrible for 16:9

i have XR382CQK its a really good monitor, i dont notice the curve at all

>32 inch 1080p
How close will you be sitting?

I'll sit very close. The monitor will be on a computer desk and I use a keyboard tray, so around 3-feet to 4-feet.

What is a meme

DELETE THIS POST AT ONCE

The immersive factor is the meme.
That they look freakin sexy and give you less view angle related disortion in the corners is a fact.
If you don't do graphic design on the screen, I don't think there's any disadvantage.

Regarding the high-refresh, definitely worth it.

>tl;dr
your pic related is a great monitor and you should buy it

If monitors in general did not have issues with screen uniformity it would not be so much of a meme.

pleb

I got the same monitor except 32"

It's solid. not amazing. Curves nice, doesnt really do that much. Freesync isn't that great, I still get tearing issues. 144hz from 60hz is a very solid change though.

everybody said 1080p monitors at that size would be shit. it's fine to me, things are just bigger. Sometimes i notice pixels and the picture isnt super sharp but when things are in motion it doesn't matter anyway.

For the size and the price i dont think it can be beat

I have Phillips 31.5 with VA display full HD too.

No reason to worry. People are overreacting.

I luv it, looks rich. :D

Curved seems nice for 21:9, doesn't seem like it'd be worth the premium for less wide aspect ratios.

> tfw bought a FreeSync monitor before realizing RTG are a joke and moving to nVidia
> now stuck with a unusable technology

Oh and btw mine has 75HZ 48-75 FS overclocked to 42-75 , 1800r curve helps me sit close to it.

This.
It's trash and only people with buyers remorse keep trying to shill it into other people. I gave my old asus monitor to my brother in law beause of this and bought one with gsync.
I don't even care if it costed 130 bucks more for the same shit at least it works now.

Literally only amdrones will defend freesync. A standard which every manufacturer makes their own version which thus isn't a standard anymore and results vary as much as the quality control on a taco bell joint.

Is there any 4K monitors out there with a high refresh rate? All I can find is 60hz

Whoever made this video, I promise you. I will find you, I will kill you.

niceme.me

Refresh rate is the thin that you don't need (if you are not an FPS or MOBA player), but when you will get it, you won't be able to use Ither monitors. FreeSync is also same thing that makes your 90FPS games look like 144FPS without any visual defects.

Curved monitors are kinda meme-ish because they have no useful cases, because it is still not a VR.

Yes, yes.