James Damore files class action lawsuit against Google

>James Damore, a former Google engineer who was fired in August after posting a memo to an internal Google message board arguing that women may not be equally represented in tech because they are biologically less capable of engineering, has filed a class action lawsuit against the company in Santa Clara Superior Court in Northern California.

>His claims: that Google unfairly discriminates against white men whose political views are unpopular with its executives.

>Damore is joined in the suit by another former Google engineer named David Gudeman, who spent three years with Google working on a query engine. According to Gudeman's LinkedIn profile, he left the company in December 2016 and has been self-employed since.

>The lawsuit, filed by Dhillon Law Group, says it aims to represent all employees of Google who've been discriminated against due to their "perceived conservative political views by Google," due to "their male gender by Google" and "due to their Caucasian race by Google."

>More specifically, it accuses Google of singling out, mistreating and systematically punishing and terminating employees who "expressed views deviating from the majority view at Google on political subjects raised in the workplace and relevant to Google's employment policies and its business, such as 'diversity' hiring policies, 'bias sensitivity' or 'social justice'..."

- finance.yahoo.com/news/james-damore-just-filed-class-181806730.html

Think he could win? Think he could lose? And is it pronounced "Duh-MOAR" or "Duh-MOAR-eyy?"

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TheSkankworks/status/950443759937912835
wired.com/story/james-damores-lawsuit-is-designed-to-embarrass-google/
leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=LAB§ionNum=1101
scribd.com/document/368688363/James-Damore-vs-Google-Class-Action-Lawsuit#download&from_embed
bet.com/news/national/2017/11/20/apple-s-black-diversity-chief-steps-down.html
youtu.be/CTBOU77czpY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

twitter.com/TheSkankworks/status/950443759937912835

I think he has a fair chance

wired.com/story/james-damores-lawsuit-is-designed-to-embarrass-google/
>At her press conference, Dhillon said Google shareholders will be “pretty shocked to find” that employees are spending their time “talking about furry sex clubs and toxic whiteness,” rather than doing their jobs.

>mac users

She's not wrong though

james damore is a whiny snowflake fag

>64227995
google shills don't even bother defending google anymore haahahahah how pathetic

I hope this soyboy doesn't get a single cent and gets countersued to bankruptcy. That money belongs to me as a shareholder.

google basically has no way to defend themselves now, they are too deep on the shit, its matter of time that they end like Yahoo or even worst

>pic
what the fuck
is this a company or an asylum

not even a shill i don`t like whiny fags who wanna play victim ffs grow a pair and move on and stop being a fucking cuck

Maybe as a shareholder you should have done something about your company's racist and sexist behavior?

I'm an abstentee shareholder I don't give a fuck what the company does I just want my gains.

Well then prepare to pay the price of your inattention.

Fuck off conservacucks

but it doesnt trigger me, youre entitled to your opinion

yes america sucks
nah, yall motherfuckers need jesus
maybe
christmas is p cool
nah, let americans be americans

>64228125
look to his weak bait and laught to the powerless faggot

>arguing that women may not be equally represented in tech because they are biologically less capable of engineering
That's not what he said

We know. Anyone who read the memo knows, but news outlets are under no obligation not to lie.

All these views are pretty common now.
Except for the hail Satan part, I thought that was a right Wong joke about the left as Americans "left" party are mostly satanic pedophiles drunk on power.
I guess some democrats are good people.

But why are people opposed to something they didn't read?

>because they are biologically less capable of engineering
Yahoo you piece of shit, that's not what the memo says

because it's faster and simpler to get a second hand opinion than it is to form your own

>white men are the best programmers
>im totally not a racist asshole questioning the competence of my colleagues
pick one and only one, then realize we're laughing at you

That is still not what he said.
He wrote a long document in response to a diversity training course that asked for feedback.
In it, he argued that it might be better to diversify by making more collaborative roles as he argues more women are social.
There is nothing that states that the technical is better than the social, ideally you want both.
Any engineer would agree with this.
Being good at the social stuff is crucial.
Make people trust you, getting funds, explaining your work to others are just as important as making a fast implementation or coming up with new solutions to unsolved problems.
There is no reason to look down on people because they are different, that is a narrative YOU put in there.
Men and women are generally different.
He wanted to make diversity rules reflect that by embracing the strengths.

looks jewish
what's his endgame?

gonna be hard to prove that a company which accepts dragonkin and expansive ornate buildings as employees was actively discriminating against white, male conservatives.

The guy's an idiot. He just went on a baseless rant, rooted in nothing but his own personal convictions. Honestly, someone dumb enough to write what he did *in a corporate environment* is too fucking stupid to work at Google.

Are you retarded? He looks like a typical italian, Roman Nose. Look at his last name for fucks sake you idiot.

Yeah no, you're not an authority on diversity or women's skills. Fuck off.

please enlighten us, then, mr. expert

Fighting against injustice at the place of your employment makes you an idiot?

He had references to scientific studies all over his document.

>Fighting against injustice at the place of your employment makes you an idiot?

Posting moronic opinions based -- very obviously -- on your own personal biases is professional suicide.

He didn't say it at lunch. He question the new direction in a meeting. He wrote down his idiotic, myopic, entitled opinions and sent them around work.

He's a fucking moron.

except that firing him for that is a violation of californian law

They deserve it since the company is full of fags

The opinions are based on referenced scientific studies and are relevant to the company because they aim to fix unfair hiring practices.

I'm not arguing that this doesn't ruin his image with google higher ups. It obviously does. I'm arguing that he did a good thing and isn't an idiot for doing what he did.

> Idiotic, entitled opinions

That are verified by the relevant scientific literature and were comprehensively cited in the memo itself, which was created for an internal forum on the topic of diversity in the workplace with a focus on attracting more women to Tech, right?

You fucking mongoloid.

likely neither are you..actually.. wtf is a "authority on diversity" why should i need someone to confirm how "diverse" something is?

>arguing that women may not be equally represented in tech because they are biologically less capable of engineering
That wasn't even what he argued.
Fucking hell, how long will media keep misreporting shit?

> Swallow injustice that happens to you and move on
>Stop being cuck
Choose one.
user you don't seem to know what cuck means.

>lean left
>expect anything else but degeneracy
Looks like the meme of 6/7 people working in being diverse and one white man working on being productive has become reality in google

>it's our job to tell people what to think

This.

Here's to hoping that someone at least reports on the entire proceedings. Primarily so we can envision the reactions out of the shareholders when they hear about their employees' drangonkin furry bullshit.

Pretty sure shareholders are in on this. They had to know what they were getting with their diversity package.

>how long will media keep misreporting shit?
As long as it's supported either by investors or a government. (So forever)

>I IDENTIFY AS AN ATTACK HELICOPTER
NOT EVEN MEMEING

That has to be a fucking joke. No way someone actually does that r-right?

Nigga you don't even have to use the meme

>I identity as an expansive ornate building
Way better than attack helicopter. Memes couldn't hope to be as absurd as the raw truth.

Test

This. Fuck normie media.

>tfw moot is long gone

And to think I once dreamt of working at goygle

rip in pieces, !faggot

>being a weeb is toxic

H-he is just playing the long con, r-right?

he sold the site out to SJWs, don't you remember?

>look me mom im trolling huur duuurr

your "gains" are about to take a huge dip as this lawsuit plays out, unless you turn around and short that shit.

user...he's gone. He's gone and he's never coming back.

>unironically thinks he's edgy

I think he should lose. I think the argument that our world sucks because women are stupid is pretty flawed. even if they were on average less intelligent, which i dont believe, then still individual accomplishment and discipline weigh out brain differences by far.
Also, as a species, we have 2 or maybe 3 centuries of radical industrialisation behind ourselves. We could be able to live as kings, you would think its about time to drop this stupid intense competition thing.
Personally I think this whole i-hate-women thing is not even a political opinon and it shouldn't be especially protected.
Also, not even a Sup Forums topic in the slightest.

There are people on Sup Forums right now that think moot was ever anything other than a spineless faggot attention whore and were disappointed or even surprised when he sold everyone out.

>Americans can't tell the difference between Europeans and Jews/Arabs
>News at 11

He was our faggot attention whore. And no, him selling out wasn't a surprise considering that he'd abandoned the site for years.

>writes about topics with unambiguous scientific consensus
>personal opinions/biases

>>because they are biologically less capable of engineering

Article lies straight off the bat, he stated that women are just as capable as men, but that the reason there are less women in engineering is because they are in general LESS INTERESTED in engineering.

there is no such thing as "european"
Europe is home to many diferent ethnicities and nationalities

>deliberately misses the point about Jews not being considered one of the "many" European ethnicities at all

>I think the argument that our world sucks because women are stupid is pretty flawed.
I think the argument that you know what Damore is talking about is pretty flawed.

Anti-discrimination laws do not extend to political views as far as i know.

Yes, I too am a complete moron who pretends to be a conscious, self-aware adult who can read.

I agree completely. James Damore said women are stupid. James Damore HATES women. James Damore said our world sucks because women are stupid. He said all of this, in his manifesto.

So good to find somebody on my level.

The class suit has several hundred examples of Google managers saying fuck white men. In one memorable passage, a manager is ranting about how white men over 40 can not think creatively.

They do in California. Which is where this occurred and where the lawsuit was filed. This has been pointed out in numerous articles by now.

But that literally has nothing to do with what he wrote. I read the memo, something it seems most people commenting on this story haven't done. He acknowledged that there is a gap in representation between men and women in tech fields, but simply put forth a well researched and reasonable explanation on why that might be that doesn't involve systematic discrimination. Nowhere did he say that women shouldn't be hired or that they were incapable of doing the jobs as well as men could. To boil it down as simply as possible, argument is that men and women tend to think and act differently. They have different values and expectations. He addressed the concern that this could be a cultural phenomenon by pointing out the way it occurs in diverse cultures all over the world. The argument is that there are more men than women in the tech industry simply because men are more interested in it. His argument is against diversity movements that aim specifically to hire women and other minorities at the expense of others who may be more qualified for the job. His argument is that it shouldn't matter if you're a man, woman, or a large ornate building. The people with the best skills should be the ones getting hired. And that's an idea you'd have to be willfully ignorant to oppose.

Man, I sure am glad I don’t use android. I’d feel so grubby having handed all my money and data to google.

>This has been pointed out in numerous articles by now.
I'm not an amerifat so that i don't know isn't a knock against me i feel.

They do when he's merely discussing workplace conditions regarding those who hold those political views, not to mention he's also bringing race and sex into the question.

leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=LAB§ionNum=1101

>No employer shall make, adopt, or enforce any rule, regulation, or policy:
>(a) Forbidding or preventing employees from engaging or participating in politics or from becoming candidates for public office.
>(b) Controlling or directing, or tending to control or direct the political activities or affiliations of employees.

>individual accomplishment and discipline weigh out brain differences by far.
This is literally the point he was making.

I hope you realize the alternative is Apple, who unironically fired a black woman because she had the audacity to think that having people with different viewpoints/ideas can be considered diverse, even if they're all white.

scribd.com/document/368688363/James-Damore-vs-Google-Class-Action-Lawsuit#download&from_embed

Why are you lying?
The person in question made a PR statement to apologize but still works at Apple.

I dont agree with a single step of your logic i'm afraid.

looking at the overt sexism against men and racism against whites at google i would say its a slam dunk. depends on the jury tho.

its amazing to me how outright racist and sexist the left has become. they have gone so far to the left that they have looped all the way around to the opposite side, and become far right.

everytime shit like this happens trumps gets 100,000 more supporters. and evertime it happens i lose more respect for women. i am coninually amazed at how much women fucking hate men.

The outright lies, and outright rejection of reason and empiricism has utterly disgusted me. i am begining to believe that female epistemology is irredeamable.

>Gender governs individual accomplishment because of brain differences
thas what he said, and thats we he has been fired and personally i think rightully so.

>Yeah no,
Found the female

You don't believe that jobs should go to the most qualified candidate, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, skin color, religious or political beliefs? How is that anything but the textbook definition of discrimination?

bet.com/news/national/2017/11/20/apple-s-black-diversity-chief-steps-down.html
>forced to step down from position
>was set to "leave" company at end of the year after 20 years working there

Why are you lying user?

Hey man, that's like, not really an argument, alright. You know you have to address points with counter points, right? Not just say "Yeah no you're not a diversity authority" -- did you not take engineering? Did you not get taught the scientific method? Reason and debate? Not even dialectics? Introduction to logic?

You have to make points to win an argument.

women do not believe in making arguments.
they believe in reputation destruction.
truth is irrelevent to the female mind.
they only care about power.

Keep talking about how one of the worlds biggest beneficiaries of the capitalist system (Google) is far left (But also far right? hmmm)

Protip: Liberals think they can change the world by changing culture, stamping out 'Wrongthink'
Leftists think they can change the world by changing economic systems.

>Every time shit like this happens trump gets 100k more supporters
You're 100% right, but only because moderates/centrists have a false premise on what leftism is.

The lies and deceit of these particular SJW's disgusts all of us who are in the know, but pinning this on all women is slanderous and dishonest.

You need to speak to more women user, I don't mean that in a nasty way but not all women are like this.

>still thinks these bozos even try to use logic or make arguments
user, you have to realize, all these people do, is just (((cast doubt))) in order to destroy your reputation/power:

youtu.be/CTBOU77czpY

>Protip: Liberals think they can change the world by changing culture, stamping out 'Wrongthink'
>Leftists think they can change the world by changing economic systems.
The biggest load of horseshit ever. You think Antifa are liberals then? The people that use violence to stamp out wrongthink?

>Liberals think
they are not liberals
the american left is no longer liberal
they are now postmodern leftist.
a philosophy literally directly derived from members of the nazis and communists parties

>not all women are like this.
Tru dat. I actually had this "sexist rant" bit come up in conversation with co-workers when the news first broke. Most of them were against the writer when all they knew was what the media was reporting, but after being informed as to it's actual contents, many of them sided with the writer.

>Gender governs individual accomplishment because of brain differences

What an absolute lie, point out anything he actually said that corraborates this.

He said that from a biological standpoint, men might be more interested to a field such as engineering than females, how the fuck that does translate to 'individual accomplishment' ? Is engineering suddenly the pinnacle of individual accomplishment ?

There a MUCH LARGER discrepancy between men and women in for example the garbage industry, they simply can't find women willing to do that job, somehow this is not an issue...