Need a good laptop to program stuff and use for college. Light and long battery life...

Need a good laptop to program stuff and use for college. Light and long battery life, my current laptop lasts about 2-3 hours before it dies.

It's a good laptop but I'm not interested in gaming on my laptop.

( Dell 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop (6th Gen Intel Quad-Core i5-6300HQ Processor up to 3.2GHz, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M, Windows 10)

I'm thinkin of sellin the fuckin thing and getting pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

laptopmag.com/articles/all-day-strong-longest-lasting-notebooks
svalt.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>pic related.

That's shite

bump

Get an x220

laptopmag.com/articles/all-day-strong-longest-lasting-notebooks

Chromebook 3 by samsung, pop the back off, remove the pin or whatever the fuck it is, and install gallium OS.

Enjoy.

Get one of the Xiaomi laptops. If you buy a Macbook when those things are on the market, you're an idiot

Get a Thinkpad.
X220 if you want a small one.

How can macintrash even compete?

GalliumOS sucks dick. Don't listen to this user.

source: I have two laptops, one has GalliumOS on it. Guess which one I haven't touched in four months

Stop spending your parents' money, it's not yours.
Buy a 100 USD Thinkpad X220, it will last you your entire scholarship and is super cheap.

rMbp 2015

Huawei Matebook X

17 fucking hours

What's the appeal of these think pads? Yeah they're cheap as hell but they're old and bulky and I'm sure they run very slow.

Talk me out of it.

you NEED one of these: svalt.com/

It's looks cool and keeps your laptop cool!

Get an X220/230. If you really want a solid Mac, get the 2012 Air. You can find a ton of used ones online that perform like first day devices.

>the ABSOLUTE state of macshit

aren't those chinese botnet?

>perform like first day devices.
>mac
That's not saying much.

>excellent build quality
>fast enough for what I do with it
>can tinker around with it
>parts are cheap
>you can take out the keyboard and wash it with soap and water
Pic related, 1080p ips screen mod is in the mail

The 2012 Air is probably the best laptop Apple ever made, among their steaming pile of shit. Fits OPs use case and pretty much is still used today with 0 issues

hwo much does that all come out to? ssd, 1080p panel etc

now that's what I call grade A consumerism!

I bought the thinkpad with builtin 240gb ssd, an i5 and 8gb ram for 200€. Bought a dock for an additional 7€ and a replacement key for 1€. Due to a mistake I made with audio equipment I fried the headphone jack and had to buy a new motherboard, which was about 60€. So if you get a thinkpad + dock, you should expect about 200€ I'd say, depending on the specs of the thing

The 1080p panel will be expensive I think, the mod kit is manufactured and shipped by some guy from Russia that sells them for 40€ each. Not sure what I'll have to pay for the panel itself yet.

I'm really liking the new dell's XPS, or there's the Gigabyte's aero 15x. The second one is way pricier, but it's so dope

>bulky
Kill yourself

Isn't the t480 coming out soon?

I've been eyeing the xps 13, I'm not looking to spend over 1k on a notebook rn but I sure as fuck don't want some outdated hardware either.

Is the surface pro 4 trash? I like the 2 in 1 factor.

The Lenovo ThinkPad T480 and the Dell XPS 13 are your best options when it comes to maximizing battery life and portability. Anything else likely has shit build quality and shit specs (the pc in your pic is a good example).

MacBook air, asus zenbook.

Get a xiaomi notebook pro