Macs are a third as expensive to own as Windows PCs, IBM's IT guy says

>Macs are a third as expensive to own as Windows PCs, IBM's IT guy says

>Last year, he became a cult figure of sorts in the world of enterprise IT. As IBM's vice president of Workplace as a Service, Previn is the guy responsible for turning IBM, the company that invented the PC, into an Apple Mac house.

>Previn gave a great presentation at last year's Jamf tech conference in which he said Macs were less expensive to support than Windows. (Jamf is a company that makes software that manage fleets of Macs and iOS devices.) Only 5% of IBM's Mac employees needed help-desk support, versus 40% of PC users.

>At that time, some 30,000 IBM employees were using Macs. Today 90,000 of them are, he said. And IBM ultimately plans to distribute 150,000 to 200,000 Macs to workers, meaning about half of IBM's approximately 370,000 employees will have Macs.

>He reiterated that, in his experience, Mac users needed less help. Though Macs make up about 15% of the PCs in use, only 5% of the help desk is dedicated to supporting them.

>Previn said that while a Mac initially cost $117 to $454 more than a similarly configured Windows PC, over four years IBM saves $273 to $543 per Mac compared with a similarly configured Windows PC.

Is he right, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/KW6qAsBcXfWZRWG9P89J5Q/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report this iToddler shill for spamming and ban evasion.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/

Macs are a third as expensive to own as Windows PCs ... for idiots who actually value service and support because they're too dumb to troubleshoot the system themselves.
I bet he's one of those people who figure the cost of software into his system purchases.

This only applies to normal people with normal lives and normal interests.

Sup Forums can fix it's own computer, so this article isn't applicable. Apologize to the thread you killed.

And about a third as useful.

>post shitty shill bait from 2016
>get BTFO
>exposed as PR stunt at Apple event
>macs were less than 6 months old
>get banned
>thread deleted
>repost
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/KW6qAsBcXfWZRWG9P89J5Q/

What did you hope to accomplish?

> for idiots who actually value service and support because they're too dumb to troubleshoot the system themselves.

For large corporations, employees will add much more value doing their job as opposed to fixing computer issues.

I work at a large Bank. If I have a computer problem, I’ll call our internal help desk. Even though I could probably fix it myself with some effort, the help desk guy will do it much faster, letting me get back to my job. It makes no sense for non help desk employees to fix their computer problems.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwww

>5% of problems related to Macs
>40% of problems related to Windows
Lincucks on suicide watch

Fucking Macs introduced in to a majority windows environment, around 15,000 machines in total are windows and like 200 are macs and we would get fucking Apple calls about stupid shit like keychain issues and adding printers and "Oh I know how to do it in Windows but this Mac is so confusing" WELL WHY DID YOU ASK FOR A MAC and it's "Oh they work better and look better." YOU'RE FUCKING A PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT WORKER KISS MY WHOLE ASS.

It says right in the OP that Jamf is a company that develops for OS X and iOS.

Your earlier thread got deleted for a good reason.

Also, I want to see a breakdown of those helpdesk calls and if there was increased time wasted going to Apple stores instead.

your whole ass?
like, all at once? or do you mean kiss it all over?
PLEASE respond

I would be afraid of the person with the lips to kiss a whole ass in one kiss so I'm thinking all over.
It would probably feel better.

Who the fuck uses Windows here?

Everyone who isn't a dirty, toe-picking freetard or an attention whoring Apple hipster.

>only freetards use Linux
Freetards are the minority, even among Linux users, they're just extremely obnoxious so it seems like there's a lot more of them.

>because every sysadmin in the world is a dirty freetard
get the fuck out

>get the fuck out
If I do, it's only because you need a shower. One you don't take, because that would ruin the emergency food supply on your feet.

>what are locked down system upgrades (have you ever seen inside a Mac?)
>what is locked down hardware/software

Most people don't upgrade a Mac's internals so there is no extra cost (apart from shitty adapters for removed ports). They just buy a new Mac every few years.

Of course PC's cost more because we like getting faster components.

>Of course PC's cost more because we like getting faster components.
found the NEET

>>what are locked down system upgrades (have you ever seen inside a Mac?)
In what fucking corporate environment this is ever a concern? They buy a fleet of computers hoping they will never have to open them again before they're replaced at the end of the cycle by another fleet of computers.
>ughhh yeah lets buy 232 thousand new Dell Optiplexes and wait for a newegg discount on bulk RAM so we can upgrade the systems from 8 to 16G by the end of first year.

As with software - it either has a macshit version or doesn't.

It's IBM, they code shot for government. This will just make the work harder for the employees

I can vouch for this. I’m the sole admin of an office with about 8 Windows PCs for the sales team and 25 Macs for the design team. Bar none those 8 give me the most trouble in ways they shouldn’t considering how much Mickey Mouse high-level work is done on them like MS Excel and Access