4k TV as PC monitor

>15ms input lag
>8bit + frc
>VA panel
>60fps
Why shouldn't I buy this, and use it as my main pc display.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889651014
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=89-651-010
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate_control
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

idk man go for it and never post here again. peace

nvidia BFGD

Because only the VA Panel part is good

If you don't do fps gaymemes and just need a decent monitor for standard work, it's a possible option. If you just use it primarily as a monitor/casual games/movies/anime display, look for something without all the extra smart tv crapola that you'll never need. Examples:
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889651014
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=89-651-010

>nvidia BFGD
65" monstrosity that'll probably cost 5 times more.
>Because only the VA Panel part is good
I can't find any monitor under $500 that is comparable. I understand that 8bit + frc is a little shit, but it's better than plain 8bit.
>idk man go for it
sure
>and never post here again.
Try, and stop me
>peace
Fuck off.

are your poor or what?

>monitor/casual games/movies/anime display
I only play maybe 1, or 2 games now, and most media I consume on pc are anime. I wasn't interested in "the smart" capabilities, but was more concerned about the image quality, input lag, and overall price.
Thanks for the links I'll check them out.

Just save then. You dont need it now. Do you even have the hardware necessary to handle 4k/60fps at a decent setting?

>are your poor or what?
Yes, and very frugal.

>Just save then.
I'm not buying that nvidia monitor user.
>You dont need it now.
Nor will I ever.
>Do you even have the hardware necessary to handle 4k/60fps at a decent setting?
Yes I do, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to waste money , and buy the nvidia monitor.

Im not the BFGD guy. Just save your money and get an actual monitor that's decent. Not a shitty tv from a poor-mans company. If you have the components needed to run high-fidelity visuals I dont know why you would skimp on the actual display

>i have hardware that can run 4k60fps
>the nvidia display costs too much for me
pick 1

>Im not the BFGD guy.
>Just save your money and get an actual monitor that's decent.
I have enough money to buy a decent monitor, but I don't understand what makes a modern 4k hdr tv with 15ms input lag not something to consider especially when similar specced monitors are going for much more in price.
>Not a shitty tv from a poor-mans company.
What if it was from lg, or samsung?
>If you have the components needed to run high-fidelity visuals I dont know why you would skimp on the actual display
I'm frugal, and I'm not convinced that I'm actually skimping on a display yet. It looks like PC monitors now are just overpriced, and similar specced TV's are a better option.

>buy a turner-less tv made by nvidia, because it's made by nvidia

>HDR
>8bit + frc
Alright. Go ahead and buy it then

good job replying to this thread, retards

>, because it's made by nvidia
no you dumb faggot, because it was made specifically for gaming
what fucking retard plays games with 15ms input lag

Y-You too

this sell your PC then and play on a console because its obvious you arent going for performance but price

Nice blog, retard
sage&hide

>what fucking retard plays games with 15ms input lag
Find a fucking 4k monitor with less input lag. Pickings are slim dickhead.
inb4
muh acer prdator tn eyecancer is 1ms refreh rate g2g type of dumb answer
Find a true 10bit monitor for less than $500 dickhead.

>limiting yourself to $500
Just go play at arcades retard

bump

>breaks a global rule
Good going dumbass

>Just go play at arcades retard
>play at arcades
Back to Sup Forums you shrinkbrain.

Wants people to pay more money for the same display that's probably made on the same assembly line, because one says "for gaming pc use".

>Find a fucking 4k monitor with less input lag
literally 2nd post in the thread

>8bit + frc
That's not a good thing.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate_control

>implying that nvidia's monitor will have less input lag
>still can't find one for less than $500
What a dumb fucking post. Drink bleach you mouth breather.
>That's not a good thing.
It's better than 8bit without frc, and no one claimed that frc, or dithering is better than actual 10bit.
It's not the best, but it's better than 8bit alone, or 6bit+frc, and etc.

You said it yourself, 15ms input lag.
Anything higher than 5ms is useless garbage.

>15ms input lag

This is why you shouldn't.

>Anything higher than 5ms is useless garbage.
The quickest monitor outside of crts for input lag that I can find is 9ms, and that is a 2k panel going through display port. Do you have any examples?

>15ms
>This is why you shouldn't.
That's a pretty good number for flat panels though.

Firstly you need a deep desk. Preferly around 80-100cm. Also go for 43 inches, 40 makes the text too small. Forget about HDR on cheap displays, my Samsung looks like a turd when HDR is enabled.
Also remember to enable RGB instead of YCbCr to get better gamma and colors.

>very frugal.
Bullshit you can get a monitor cheaper then a TV...

This but OP is too retarded or has some sort of trauma with nvidia, most likely one of those anons who suffer from brand loyalty and think buying anything nvidia is the same as cheating on their spouse.

>then a TV
Why would he buy a TV to be his monitor after buying a monitor?

Why are you so fixated on 4k? You said you only play a few games and watch anime. The anime is going to look shit upscaled that much.

MFW you find out that slapping an nvidia label on your display panel doesn't make it better... just more expensive, and that there isn't that much difference from ips/va/tn/oled panel made for x than it is for y.
>It's a big "PC Gaming" display that bends the rules of physics to make it better.
Awesome consumer brand board everyone I really mean it.

Both HD and FullHD content scales perfectly on 4K UHD.

Is 40" maybe too big?

Have 2x24" 16:10 and it's too wide.

>user thinks it only has a panel.
>Doesn't know about the shield shoved inside of it.
>Will continue talking about muh nvidia tax like the amdrone he is without even goggling what the fuck is inside that product.

dude I know you're trying to rationalize this purchase and all but 15ms is horrible for playing games. anything that requires any sort of timing (fighting games, rhythm games, probably other stuff) would be unplayable.

>Doesn't know about the shield shoved inside of it.
Implying that people want to have that?
>15ms is horrible for playing games.
Your desktop monitor probably does 9-15ms in input lag user, and 14-15ms realistically unless you have one of the few 1080p, and 1440p displays that does less than 14/15ms.

But PC gaming monitors for gaming are so fast at 15ms response time, so why buy a a cheap 4k tv with a super long response time of 15ms? That would make it disgustingly unplayable.

lurk moar

>lurk moar
But is breaking GR:7 m8.

Check the chroma subsampling through HDMI, if it's 4:4:4 you're good

there is literally no reason to not use a tv as a monitor anymore aside from it probably being glossy instead of matte. everyone who tells you otherwise is just repeating advice that was given to them 10 years ago when they last bought a monitor.

Colour representation being shit? Apart from that I see no reason desu

>if it's 4:4:4 you're good
Looks like these monitors are 4:4:4 through hdmi, but I'm probably going with a different brand/model.
>there is literally no reason to not use a tv as a monitor anymore aside from it probably being glossy instead of matte
I don't mind glossy for indoor use, and yeah it seems like PC hardware vendors throw around some heavy mental gymnastics to justify that their ips/va/oled panel with the same controller board performs differently from the same panel as modern tv set. I guess I'll go with the cheaper/ larger tv option.