How badly is Intel fucked by Meltdown?

How badly is Intel fucked by Meltdown?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wxQ88qHpPX8
asus.com/News/q5R9EixxfAqo1anZ
dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/B250_MINING_EXPERT/MEUpdateTool_UI_consumer_1023.zip
Sup
cnet.com/news/amd-files-antitrust-suit-against-intel/
cio.com/article/3073162/criminal-defendants-demand-to-see-fbis-secret-hacking-tool.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not much. Look at their stock. Don't see any huge drops. And normies still don't know shit about it since news are not reporting or write a brief article hidden on website

Not at all. These "patches" will make the public thinks there's no problem anymore and this summer nobody remembers. Intel will still have the fastest CPUs and still bribe OEMs not to sell to much budget AMDs.

Less fucked then the Intel ME security issue a few months ago. Yeah remember that? That was pretty much 1000x worse then meltdown/spectre and nothing happened.
(I wonder how many people are still not patched from that)

It's already been forgotten.

Normalfags don't matter, not even to Intel as you can see how they shifted focus to datacenters in recent years.
But many businesses are now evaluating buying AMD servers because getting a ~20-30% performance hit overnight on a significantly more expensive Intel hardware is a very bad joke.

Work in Datacenter. We rent bare metals to clients. So kinda affects us but not by much. We are thinking of getting AMD and Elbrus to deversify

>Elbrus
So far every VLIW CPU was a disaster, so I wonder how this one will perform.
Personally, I'm more in favor of POWER.

No reason on Earth anymore not to run at least 50% Epyc.

Well they did develop the original Intel Pentium if you know your history. Most of Elbrus run from 500-1700MHz but their architecture makes them on par of some 5th gen Intel chips I believe. Not sure if anyone overclocked them yet

I hope things keep spiraling out of control for Intel and they go out of business and get bought by AMD in a few years.

AMD conspiracy theorists are the most pathetic people on the internet

>court cases all around the world from Intel doing what user said on multiple occasions over several years
>"conspiracy theorists"

And get broken up due to monopoly laws of United States?

That doesn't happen anymore

Yeah right. It will be blatant monopoly. Nvidia alone will push it if that happens

Intel already proved that it doesn't bear meaningful consequences to be a monopoly in the modern age.

they're more fucked, this is a red flag.

But technically they are no a monopoly, And exists. If AMD ceased to exist then Intel will get broken up or Intel will find a new chip making company

I have a 4670K, I game and I have Windows latest update. How fucked am I? Can someone give me a TLDR rundown, I haven't been able to access the internet for a few months due to being posted.

youtube.com/watch?v=wxQ88qHpPX8

You're pretty good against Meltdown.
Spectre? Not so much. Browsers are working on mitigating it. The only way to fix this one is to download "an update" from your motherboard if it's not old enough.

You can't be this delusional can you? Overall Intels stock price only dropped a few points the day it was announced, they are now less then 2 points from this all time high. This did not phase Intel, in fact it secured them future sales, all they have to do is announce that the new CPUs have a hardware side fix and people are going to buy them up in droves. Because now instead of posting a 5% perf improvement they can bolster up to a 70% speed increase over the previous versions for doing NOTHING

you literally can't patch the intel ME security issue because of fucking kikes and jews and hooked nose faggots

it is especially LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE on Asus mobos to patch it because you can't retrieve the system model ID since Asus and Intel won't show it to you, so you're basically fucked.

asus.com/News/q5R9EixxfAqo1anZ

hmm? you do know that the ME updater is listed in the motherboards bios downloads yeah? Like the Strix B250I ITX is here dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/B250_MINING_EXPERT/MEUpdateTool_UI_consumer_1023.zip

are you a shill from intel or asus? genuinely asking btw

EC2 updates will roll out this week, I think this will be the biggest hit.

When a bunch of angry companies start complaining they have to pay 30% more for the same server performance the heads will start to roll.

no, i just don't spread false information

Should I even download the meltdown update? I've heard it's causing bsod.

yes you just did in your earlier post

it's not even out for motherboards yet

The windows update I mean.

which one and what is false

nobody even knows what this is

>monopoly laws of United States
compaq, aol, the baby bells, and an endless army of developer studios would like to have a word

Not affected. Neither are my retroware atom chip shitbook and tablet. Why haven't you bought an Intel Atom today, anons? Kek. But good luck waiting for your manufacturer to fix it if you own a server or whatever.

>fucking kikes and jews and hooked nose faggots
tards everytime
Why do they even post on a foreigner japanese cartoon board?!?

fine.
in the end, not enough of people give enough of a fuck to do anything about it.

Same thang with Apple when Bill Gate bailed it out of bankruptacy.

>your motherboard if it's not old enough.
Old CPUs don't use speculative processing, teenagers. Ask /vr/

If I were Linus Torvalds, I'd sue Intel just for having to maintain the kludge that is the fix from now unto eternity.

>not enough of people give enough of a fuck to do anything about it.

You mean apple shills and all you tinfoiled tarts and teenagers who MUST play with you facebook and loonix distro update every single fucking hour.

/vr/ for example is totally not affected. Their 90s rigs don't even connect to the interwebz. Most of the retro or post 1999 "retro consoles can't or have no use for interwebz. You can't hack something that isn't connected to anything.

>foreigner japanese cartoon board

look at the mouthbreather, he thinks Sup Forums is a foreign japanese website

Hiro our lord and savior will have a word with (YOU).
>Sup Forums.org/faq#whoadmin

can someone translate what autistic drivel is coming out of this retard's keyboard

yeah.. The current admin/owner of Sup Forums is Hiroyuki Nishimura former admin/founder of 2ch and lives in Japan.. So yeah Sup Forums is a foreign japanese website.

how badly?
according to seems like a significant part of intel cpu's will get fucked hard

don't reddit post in my direction ever again

We don't know yet.
Best case scenario is that OEMs go around and replace their intel processors with new intel ones.
However, there aren't any intel processors that exist that are not vulnerable to this.

The only alternative is Epyc.

its funny how amd will end up getting even more on the server market without literally much effort

Nothing will happen, Normalfags only know of intel,and apple uses intel crap.

Servers will get fuck'd, but demand will increase and amd will not be able to supply.

Good luck finding a bios update for a motherboard even just 4 years old, retard.

but an opportunity nonetheless? i feel like this will effect the earnings report of INTC

>Good luck finding a bios update for a motherboard even just 4 years old, retard.
Not necessary.
apt-get install intel-microcode

eh?
cnet.com/news/amd-files-antitrust-suit-against-intel/
>2005

>With Windows 10 on newer silicon (2016-era PCs with Skylake, Kabylake or newer CPU), benchmarks show single-digit slowdowns, but we don’t expect most users to notice a change because these percentages are reflected in milliseconds.

Intel doesn't even need to give a fuck because Skylake, Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake isn't affected much by Meltdown or Spectre as Microsoft confirms

How about us Haswell or Sandy Bridge users? Fuck us?

the microcode is proprietary and you wont get new microcode for eol models.

Intel provides microcode updates for models up to 5 years old
That's why it doesn't matter that
>Good luck finding a bios update for a motherboard even just 4 years old, retard.

That 4 year old CPU is getting the update anyway.

Meltdown is practically impossible to actually exploit.
It would take an army of NSA state hackers to implement, so no one is worried.

Do you want to know how bad this is? Screenshot is taken from my own machine. The manufacturer providing a BIOS update is not a reasonable solution to the problem, as 95% of users don't get the fix then. In the next few months or years we're going to see rampant identity theft and malware from malicious JS in outdated web browsers. This is the worst hardware exploit I have ever see in my adult life, both in terms of home/hobbyist computing and in my occupation. It's an absolute shitshow and has completely proven every single freetard to be right on every front in this. All software on a computer, down to the BIOS and CPU microcode, should be free and open source software, and any closed source operating systems like Windows should be replaceable by the end user. There is not excuse for this. My machine is already slower after the Windows patches.

t. guy who uses his machines to do real work and will never buy Intel again

Lol you are delusional

Globalist corporations launder money and don't go out of business until it becomes too obvious.

It's all over the UK.

Intel doesn't give a flying fuck about personal PCs, the money is all in datacentres and cloud providers

8/8 bait caught 2 so far

class action lawsuits badly

Plus Epyc can beat twin Xeon Golds.

maybe but there are still people that use core2duo/quad cpus and those wont get it.

Human cattle aka normies will go on as nothing would've happened.

Which they're about to lose. AMD is fucking them hard in the server chip features and prices now. Even NVIDIA are nervous of what AMD will do for the server side of things, forcing companies to stop buying GTX cards for their farms and use pro cards only.

This.
AMD realized the money is on the server and data mining, not on gaymer crap.

>All software on a computer, down to the BIOS and CPU microcode, should be free and open source software,
>Every hacker has access to sauce.
Nice. Very nice. I bet you work 50 years in Al Gore's internets.

I use an Atom duo core.

Ironically that's where they are fucked most by this.

>t. I don't have a clue about what I'm talking about
You must be 18+ to post here, please fuck off back to Sup Forums or leddit.

Tell me why criminals can't 3D print open source guns to shoot you, amurika?

>BURN
iClaped

They were fined over a billion euro in 2009 for doing exactly that, you moron. They've been in court the entire time since trying to kike out of having to pay it.

t. i5 4690 user

People are talking about the perfomance degrading patch, not the vulnerability

back to peleddit. it's okay to make fun of freetards, but you need to be over 14 to post here.

>How badly is Intel fucked by Meltdown?
We won't know until the real exploits start comprimising systems
Imagine multi-million strong botnet, and what a total catastrophe that will be.

i expect the apocolypse

>gain control of CERN
>create biggest black hole possible
>swallows up the earth

th-thanks intel

>security by obscurity
go eat shit nigger

Too bad Sup Forums was created by an american and is hosted in the US.

>Imagine being so unemployed and such a corporate fanboy that you'd actually spend your time making something like this
Intel deserve to go into the fire of course, but still, how pathetic

>tfw the intel on suicide watch meme became real

>implying they can't
>implying statist control over a product will make it go away
Grow up.

>Security by giving away the blueprints .and plans. and everything .and the kitchen sink to russia and china.
Big Kek.

>someone saved my post

You made my day user.

>cio.com/article/3073162/criminal-defendants-demand-to-see-fbis-secret-hacking-tool.html

Let's open source FBI, user! I'm totally not a pedo catholic Sup Forums strawmen, my dear stallmen!

>we're going to see rampant identity theft and malware from malicious JS in outdated web browsers.
Is it really that much of a hassle to just keep your browsers up to date?

>2018
>Not disabling Javascript and quitting Sup Forums.