Should I buy Zen+ this year or wait for Zen 2?

Should I buy Zen+ this year or wait for Zen 2?

If you keep waiting for new tech you'll never buy anything.

Wait for Zen 2+

7nm
don't get your hopes up

This

That's the spirit

what, why is zen 3 7nm+, isn't it supposed to be smaller?

They're better semiconductors.
They conduct more semis.

So placebo stuff that hardly have any affects on the performance?

>X86
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FUCKING FINISHED AND BANKRUPT LITERALLY

Find me an architecture with better software support

Most likely. Companies start adding pluses when they don't want to admit they they're stuck at a die size.
Intel was getting desperate with 14nm.

Joke
----->
Head

>in Multiple Dimensions

Apple A11

Depends on your current system. No reason if you're running ryzen gen1.

I will wait for 7nm threadripper before I get a new PC.
Will continue to soldier on my lga 1366 meanwhile.

I have no idea what did they mean by this but samsung makes 3d nand. Also HBM stacks are kind of 3d. Also intel has some 3d transistors bullshit which allowed them to make smaller dies (though I suppose finfet is same in that regard since zen die is even smaller).
Honestly I don't want this shit, packing transistors in layers is a shortest way to create a housefire.

I don't get why people think amd is going to release a new processor series only like half a year after the last. Zen 1 only started hitting shelves here like a couple of months ago and vega is nowhere to be found still.

Well mostly because amd had that shit in their roadmap. I don't believe that either, especially since they announced 7nm vega.

Or they just mean it will improve on performance per core, efficiency, total core count, features etc.

More likely so

by 1% for x2 the price

Ok but when are we getting mid range vega

silly user we're talking about zen

>Zen 1 only started hitting shelves here like a couple of months ago and vega is nowhere to be found still.
Don't blame us for whatever backwater, irrelevant shithole you live in always being late to the party.

(You)

Trying to buy a new config or even laptop since 2012 - 2013, reporting in.

Had my Q6600 / 2 Go DDR2 / 8800 GT back in 2007, had a few issues over the year, motherboard likely failed in late 2015 (and it was in charge of the Raid 0 i was using), i'm using a samsung Q310 bought in 2008 since then, i have more than enough money to buy whatever i want but i'm just stuck.

Maybe i don't need it much too, but coming from a desktop config at 1200$, with CRT screen, these days prices are turning me off. 1070 / 1080 prices in Europe are way above what was announced.

Same stuff for laptop market, i bought mine for 800$ and it still does most of what i want (can't play x265 video though), now anything not shit is far above 1K (being eurofag doersn't help).

So between that and the endless "new thing" coming next, see you in 2020.

Anything pushed out by team red is mid range.

buy zen+
and then use it until zen 2 is out
then replace the cpu
to play the waiting game is to lose

>multiple dimensions

>2 Go
go away and fuck some preteen boys, frenchfag

I wish they closed those side effect leaks in Zen2 though, they should isolate BTB and mark the cache pages accessed by kernel somehow.

AMD is playing inter-dimensional chess confirmed.

HOW DO WE STOP THEM?