Who here has the oldest PC/laptop as their daily driver? What is it? How old is it?

Who here has the oldest PC/laptop as their daily driver? What is it? How old is it?

I'm on an IdeaPad y580 from 2012.

Finishing a new desktop though, all I'm missing is a gpu now.

I use a beat to shit Sony Vaio from 2010 as my uni laptop, does surprisingly well for a now 8 year old machine.

ThinkPad X61.
The battery has died on me and I was sad until I remembered it probably only leaves my desk once a week, and my smartphone can read emails just fine anyway.

I have an i7-920 from 2009, but its been upgraded to 16gb ram, SSDs, GTX 980, so its not really old apart from mobo+cpu

Forgot to mention that from April to August my desktop was a core2 duo dell I bought at a goodwill. I upgraded the cpu from an e4600 to an e8400, gave it 8 gigs of ddr2, put in a 1 tb hard drive, and used a 660TI for the GPU.

everything after 2012 is not old

My oldest device that's still in use is my x220 from 2011, it's still going strong and will probably last some more years

I have a powermac g4 running as a home file server because I got it for cheaper than a raspberry pi. It's from 2001 I think.

iBook G4 from 2005 as my daily driver, Sun Ultra Enterprise 250 from 1998 as my homeserver.

How is the battery life with the ibook? How often is software compatibility an issue?

I have an Emac from 2003 and I couldn't imagine using that thing as a daily driver today, even with linux on it.

My PC is from 2009, no real point in upgrading

Thinkpad X200 from 2008

>How is the battery life with the ibook?
Nonexistant. I need to recell this battery. However I gave another iBook with a good battery to my grandparents and they seem to be getting around 3h, running OS X Leopard.
How often is software compatibility an issue?
Not very often. Anything you can compile will run. Exceptions I found are Firefox versions newer than 52 (running 52 ESR right now) and lwjgl.
The speed is slow but tolerable, I'd say it's about the same as a Pentium M from the era.

2010 or 2011, Medion MS7228 with a power hungry and slow i5-2310, a 2TB 5400RPM Seagate Barracuda that is surprisingly enough not dead yet, 8GB chink DDR3 RAM and the stock minature housefire tier GTS 450 replaced with a GTX 1050 Ti. Takes ages to boot (even headless Gentoo takes so long I made a custom init script that beeps at the end of the boot process) and to start bigger programs, but once it has enough stuff cached in RAM, it's quite comfy.

>daily driver

fuck off with this shit

thinkpad T420

Dell latitude D620 1.6 GHz dual core processor with 1GB of ram

Inspiron 8000
cant believe i paid 1500 for it

this and anything slower would be really annoying to use.

/thread

What term would you prefer that means the same thing?

my main computer

My PC is from 2007. Runs Linux.
It's a Pentium something, single core 2GHz. Have 1gb of ram and I use the iGPU. Hard drive is 160gb.
My phone that I'm using to post this is a Motorola Defy.

I don't have money to buy anything new.

This weekend I retired a pentium 4 system with a bunch of drives in it that I was using for NAS. Replaced with a (still quite old) 6 core FX build that I bought from facebook market place for £75 and installed VMWare ESXi on.
Facebook market place is good for old computers/ laptops because a lot of people are either looking to get rid of it quickly, or simply don't know what they're selling.

Fair enough. But out of interest why does "Daily Driver" bother you?

because its buzzwordy

Running my Thinkpad t60 from 2007, beefed it up with 4 gb ram, a 120 gb ssd, and running i3.
Oh, and a new 9 cell battery.

physical boolean function implementation device with highest frequency of homo sapiens interaction

Asus N53SM
6-7 years old maybe?

Homo interactions are granted here, stud

To be fair, not a bad laptop if you ignore the resolution

It's 1080p though.

Oh, really? I wasn't aware there was a 1080p variant. Mine was 1366x768. I feel cheated.

Sup Forums is full of poorfags everyone here have old computers if you ever see someone with high end specs you know they're from Sup Forums

>Compaq Presario CQ61
>something like 2009

why buy something if you dont need it? only a retarded consumerist would buy new things for no reason.

HP dv6 from 2011

Acer aspire one ZG5 from 2007-8, almost chokes on 360p youtube videos and that's if NOTHING ELSE is running. But it's a great shitposting machine.

are you using mpv to play the videos? the youtube website is javascript filled garbage and wont work well on anything made before 2010.

>DDR3 800/1066
>not really old apart from mobo+cpu