Macbook pro 13 inch non-touchbar 2017

I unironically believe this is one of the best machines out there if you're not a gaymer.

Sure, if you're a NEET you may say whatever you want.
But, I just got from an all-day trip, train, airport, city, plane.
I could be productive all the way through, while waiting for the next transport, changing locations as I pleased.

Fuck that felt amazing.
I work as a software engineer btw, before you ask.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report this iToddler shill for spamming and ban evasion.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/

If you're not an automatic bot(and I sincerely hope that you are), you should seriously consider visiting a psychologist. You are insane. Always posting this, whenever someone mentions anything Apple.

I'm considering getting one. I need something with a little more power.

>shitty keyboard
heck, the x1 carbon beats this trash by a mile

>I go after people for posting apple stuff in a technology board

Either way I don't think I'd agree unless it was cheaper.

>0,001mm keyboard travel
>felt amazing
lmoa

>2017 15 inch pro not available without touchbar
Fuck Apple trying to meme this shit.

>the same design for over a decade
it's like the first post-ppc-macbook would have came as a clamshell.

The non touch bar mbp is way cheaper compared to the new Lenovo X1 and the XPS

In europoorland the X1 is not that much more expensive. It's an appropriate price of 1621.44€ while the cheapest mbp 13'' is 1505.59€. I would still grab the mbp but I wouldn't say way cheaper.

I agree, it's unironically the best machine for if you want to broadcast to everyone around you that you're gay and thrive on a diet of soy derivatives, Starbucks coffee and semen.

Wrong. Bought it for 1350 euros during the sales. Brand new base model.

Apple products do not belong in Sup Forums, they belong in /fa/

That's a good price I'll give you that

Worked great for 7 seconds until I pressed the spacebar and had to return the laptop.

Entered an endless loop of resets every time you hit the spacebar in any operating system since Sierra.

Apple's QC is really starting to hit a new low for them. I'm disappointed.

You're probably looking at the price for gullible morons who don't use a corporate discount available to anyone. Or the education one.

If you don't mind average software implemented in a shitty way, on a os that is deliberately designed to hide stuff. Then so be it.
>can you drag a file onto a docked icon to productively open it in the software?

I have the touchbar 13" hooked up to a 4k monitor, and while it displays beautifully it can't really playback 4k video smoothly. The only real downside imo.

>dual core

Get the 2015 15” model ffs.

Yeah, people dob't like shilling, how dare they, just take your fashion accessories to /fa/.

I can do the same and more with my XPS, what's your point?

>Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB‑C) ports

>keyboard with less travel than a competent basketball player
delete yourself

>stop ruining my shill threads
truly pathetic...

>Enter room with one spec of dust
>Keyboard stops functioning
>Have to make a 6 hour appointment at the Apple store to have remove the 8 layers of glue to replace the entire case
>$500 + tax + tip

What are you, a fucking poorfag?

>What are you, a fucking poorfag?

Do you know preferences are ?

Not op but i love the MacBook keyboard , for coding is great , I can hit the keys super hard without the keys getting stuck or loose

Yes you might not like it , but I do , so stfu

People shill for shit all the time on Sup Forums. Thinkpads, AMD/Intel/Nvidia, headphones, cellphones, GNU/Linux, Windows, etc. If Sup Forums hates Apple users for shilling then they need to stop shilling for their shit too.

>He thinks Sup Forums is some sort of fucking democracy
Take your iShit and leave

>productive

Let's clean Sup Forums!

STOP
SHILLING
APPLE

2015 mbp was better. Last one to use magsafe.

Not gonna lie, I’d buy one if I could afford it.

The keyboard is shit tier, unusable/10 - definite dealbreaker for anyone who wants to type on it a lot, like a programmer

I'd rather get a chinkpad x1, even though it has inferior 16:9 screen and a shittier trackpad because that no-travel keyboard is only good for soyboys who grew up with smartphones and ipads. For the previous generation though, MBP was the best developer notebook.

I love the keyboard , literally the best thing of the machine

I fucking hate mechanical keyboards , I do write a good amount of code daily (we’re rewriting legacy systems) and making that much noise will be just obnoxious

but your xps doesn‘t have macOS, only neetlux and winpoo
is there really a need for more processing power? i feel like it‘s a meme
most people aren‘t going to render shit or whatever
going to get one too...but idk if I should wait for a refresh with a hardware fix for the intel fuckup

btw should 128gb be enough? I store most files on external drives anyway
I just need room for the os, virtual memory, ms office

>I do write a good amount of code daily
Let me guess, js?

>best machines out there if you're not a gaymer
Don't you realize not only gamers need a quad-core CPU + dedicated GPU?
I'm a iOS developer, and I definitely need that power to simulate apps/games on Simulator. For my use case, that shitty dual core laptop with garbage integrated graphics is fucking useless.
Don't forget the new ones will come with 8th gen quad-core CPUs, so anyone who buys the current model is getting cucked on CPU performance by 50%. Your laptop is basically deprecated and slower than a 2012 15 inch retina.

> pic related, the perfect MacBook

>Don't forget the new ones will come with 8th gen quad-core CPUs, so anyone who buys the current model is getting cucked on CPU performance by 50%.
pls explain
did they announce a new model or what?

for me, it's the fanless standard macbook retina 12"

Actual software engineer here. I use a ThinkPad because I like being able to upgrade my own machine, install any operating system I want, and have access to a wide range of standard ports without dongles. Can you put 32GB of RAM in your machine? Can you put a new SSD in your machine? No. Can you buy a new 9-cell battery and get 20 hours of battery life? No. Can you carry multiple batteries in a backpack and easily swap them out? No. Well, I can do all of these things and more, and I can even run your fruity toy OS natively with a special bootloader and few drivers that have a drag and drop install process. I've dropped my laptop down un-carpeted stairs and only chipped the palm rest a little. If you drop that FagBook once on a carpeted floor it's fucking toast.

Also, you don't get a clitmouse. What kind of numale loser doesn't have a clitmouse?

Intel's 8th gen i5 and i7's are all quad-core 15W-25W CPUs.

mobile i5 and i7's *

/thread

Just take it to the apple store for upgrades. don't care about durability either, you could get a newer, better model anyway when replacing it. yet it looks and feels better. laptops over 1,5kg are disgusting.
tfw non-poor

>Just take it to the apple store for upgrades.
They don't offer them, retard. They don't even do board repairs on-site. They just swap the board with one that's the same model. And why would I want to interact with the braindead morons that work their, or the even dumber customers that actually buy that shit? If one of my RAM modules goes bad, I just grab a spare from my desk drawer and take out a couple screws. It's 15 minutes vs 2 hours driving. Any other parts show up hassle free on my front porch in 2 days because Amazon prime.
>don't care about durability either, you could get a newer, better model anyway when replacing it.
Why would I want to inconvenience myself by doing 2TB of data transfer every year and worrying about problems in the new machine? Why? Why would I want a new machine every year when I don't use it as a fashion accessory? Do you also get a new purse to keep it in when you get a new FagBook?

>yet it looks and feels better. laptops over 1,5kg are disgusting.
You're a limp wristed soyboy if you can't carry something that's more than 3 pounds.

>tfw non-poor
Only poorfags will ever use this as an argument when debating anything. It's irrelevant, and it's also how I know you're poor.

And I just checked the Applel website. The maximum storage config on the 15 inch craptop is 2TB. I'm using a 4TB Samsung 850 as my boot disk right now. When will storagelets learn? Who wants to carry a bag of external disks in a purse.

Dumb faggots...

Nobody needs terabytes of storage on a fucking laptop. Typical freetard, inventing niche use cases out of thin air and using them as an excuse to slam perfectly fine hardware so they can justify using increasingly-decrepit thinkpads.

Why would anyone need more than 2TB SSD? I'm using a 256GB SSD laptop for 4 years and have absolutely no problem, and I literally develop apps, edit video and music.

Having that said, the SSD on the Macbook is much faster than a 850.

>Nobody needs terabytes of storage on a fucking laptop
I do when I'm doing professional video production for a living. I'm using 2.3TB right now. That's not even the point anyways. If I want 4TB or any other ridiculous amount of storage, I should be able to have it.

>Typical freetard
I'm using Windows Enterprise, Macnigger.

Cry for me, iToddlers. I wanna jerk off into a pool your tears and record it. Do you know how much 8k footage of me pleasuring myself into a pool your assanger I could store on my boot disk? More than you can.

>uses a portable device with compromises in power for portability for a task it's completely unsuited for
>whines that manufacturers don't cater to his insane whims

Don't be like this faggot.

>I'm using 2.3TB right now
Yeah right, you totally need to store all that files on your internal storage, and you couldn't possibly use a cheap external HD alternative for storing shit you will probably never use anymore

>>uses a portable device with compromises in power for portability for a task it's completely unsuited for
It works well for me.

>>whines that manufacturers don't cater to his insane whims
They actually do, just not your fruity toy maker.

1000x this. It's so bad. I work in a PC repair shop and too many users come in with the spacebar damaged or off, as well as other keys.
Everyone says one thing: "I hate the keyboard"
Might as well get an original surface if you want such a lackluster typing experience
>cheaper
It's cheaper, and built FAR cheaper, too!
That being said, both machines are subpar, especially for Linux.
Dell XPS 13 master race

Why would I want to inconvenience myself? Money isn't an issue for me, and my machine supports the 4TB disk. There's no reason for me to settle for an external disk.

So does anal with niggers, that doesn't mean it should be encouraged.

>ifaggot talks about anal with niggers
You said it, not me.

kys macnigger

kys frogposter

>I unironically believe this is one of the best machines out there if you're not a gaymer.
Okay, good for you. But then why don't you go ahead and enjoy your machine instead of desperately seeking validation on an anonymous Mongolian cave writing board ?

>order new at apple.com
>they deliver it or you get it at applel

>Why would I want to inconvenience myself by doing 2TB of data transfer every year and worrying about problems in the new machine?
Macs are best. they have no problems. I just connect to my server from any device; nothing gets transferred
my server has 50TB sweatie

>frogposter
Suck my big green cock and swallow my tadpoles, bitch.

>j-j-just buy a whole new one and wait!
Lmao, no.

>h-h-home server!
>f-f-fifty terabytes!
I have more storage than that on mine, though it's irrelevant to this discussion. I'm not going to downloaded hundreds of gigabytes of files whenever I need them, and I'm not working remotely. I'm taking my files with me because I can.

just wait a day or two
>1980+38
>not working remotely

>compensating for your lack of storage by working remotely
>he has to have a network connection to work
Haha, faggot. You're tethered to the internet. I'm not.

Prepare your drill.

You're tethered to physical state of your device. A laptop can not have all the advantages of a server

>I fully control the laptop and can work offline
It's superior to a server. You're a slave to network connections, an absolute cuck. Cry some more. It turns me on.

fpbp

>macshit
>fast

Electronics engineer student here.
I had a MacBook Pro 2012 13", and it is a pain in the ass to service if something happens.
Keyboard layout is shitty, half of useful keys like pageUp, pageDown, printScreen is missing. Cooling system is not capable of cooling the cold intel HD4000 graphics... It is real pain to replace keyboard without swapping a case. I'm actually glad I sold this shit. And it was difficult, because NOBODY wanted it for 1/2 price of new one.
After that I bought myself a cheap chinks Asus X502CA 15 inch laptop with Sandy Bridge Pentium @1.5 GHz. Yes, the processor and graphics is not that fancy, as they were in MacBook, but it costed me 300$, including genuine Windows 7.
And still, it felt cheap, but keyboard is really nice to type, features all keys, and it is easy to service. Remove 8 screws and you are good to go.
I spilled water on it by accident, and well, I only replaced the keyboard, and it was like 10 minutes of work.

After this laptop I bought used thinkpad with the same Core i5 and same Intel HD 4000, and it is really a good machine, easy to service, feels more solid that aluminium mac, and cooling is more that enough. Keyboard feels nice, has all keys needed.

These keyboards SUCK. Shit gets stuck under the keys and you can't type.

>4TB Samsung 850
That probably costs more than your laptop.

The 2015 rMBP is unironically the best

shit build quality. I don't even know how this happened

is there really a need for more processing power? i feel like it‘s a meme
most people aren‘t going to render shit or whatever

To watch animu? No. To compile shit with g++? Yes.

My MacBook Pro with Core i7 4770HQ is more than twice as fast as my T440s with a Core i7 4600U. And when you’re developping it kinda makes a difference if tou have to wait 7 or 2.5 minutes.

Op, I'm photgrapher, I do this for life, if I have to buy a dongle to put SD card so that MBP can read it, if I will forget that dongle I cannot continue my work, which means my work will stop, I still have my old Dell who has a SD reader and its built in. Think before you post cunt!

Also check em'

Have you ever typed on Thinkpads before?

>i7 7567U
>weaker than 3rd gen i7
>shit keyboard
>fuckhuge touchpad for no reason
>not portable
>fragile
>dies when submerged in humid air
>shitty ULV cpu
>$2,499
>dual core cpu
Ok op, we'll trust your judgement on this one.

I'm neet and got one of these with the memebar
goat laptop

>has Mac has an HDMI port
Time to upgrade, man