Malware ads and saftely of browsing Sup Forums

Dear Sup Forums.

Before Christmas, there was large panic about new ads that would bypass adblock, ruin CSS and install malware on users PCs.

Since Hiro didnt comment it at all since then, I want to kindly ask if there is any CONFIRMED info about this whole panic already, few weeks after fact. Im still too afraid to browse Sup Forums on my home PC, only using phone for that instead (which works in sandbox anyway) and all I got so far was only rumors.

If not Sup Forums, I wouldnt even know about anything - since then, when trying to look at Sup Forums at test machine, nothing looked different - CSS working fine, Ublock working fine and not blocking any of reported adresses, no ads visible. I dont even know if its truly possible nowdays to infect PC by simply opening and loading page or if scripts can truly "click" on ads without users activity or those are just panic spreading talk.

So is it safe?

Other urls found in this thread:

cm.steepto.com/setmuidn/?muidn=i09UKKlQ8D46
steepto.com/
meltdownattack.com/
github.com/siavash119/qtchan
pastebin.com/GbWSy9na
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> cm.steepto.com/setmuidn/?muidn=i09UKKlQ8D46

> steepto.com/

> ALL PRETTY SURE BRUH.

Its funny how Sup Forums is full of entry level tech illiterates

Sup Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js, String.fromCharCode)

boards.Sup Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js,String.fromCharCode)*mgid.com

0.0.0.0 n0-r98d2.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 n1-r98d2.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 n2-r98d2.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 n3-r98d2.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 n4-r98d2.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 kz1d.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 kz1c.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 kz6d.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 kz6c.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 kz9c.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 kz9d.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 n0-r99d2.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 n3-r99d2.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 n6-r99d2.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 n7-r99d2.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 xk1n.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 xk6n.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 xk9n.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 xk9o.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 xk1o.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 xk2o.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 xk3o.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 xk6o.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 zx6s.smcheck.org
0.0.0.0 zx1s.smcheck.org
0.0.0.0 utraffic.engine.adglare.net

0.0.0.0 n0-r98d2.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 n1-r98d2.amgload.net

0.0.0.0 smcheck.org
0.0.0.0 zx1s.smcheck.org
0.0.0.0 zx6s.smcheck.org
0.0.0.0 zx9s.smcheck.org

*.ekansovi.com
*.adglare.net
*.smcheck.org
*.amgload.net
*.piguiqproxy.com
Sup Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js, String.fromCharCode)

just drop this into uBlock origin, it's safe

They could be from other boards.

that's all this place these days, other boards, Sup Forums has hardly any regulars anymore

where the fuck is her keyboard

So its site of some ad company. Whats in first link anyway? And how its connected?

>2013
>needing a keyboard
ISHYDDT

>Sup Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js, String.fromCharCode, /[0-9a-f]{40}..$/)

Is already in ublock origin filters, you don't need to add anything nowadays.

You're wrong, there are also the clover phoneposters who have Sup Forums as default board

She uses on-screen keyboard.

On the left, leaning against desk. Probably moved it away to make place for cake.

But can you actually get malware if those ads does load?

I mean, I dont see them but other anons says I do load them, just have them hidden. I dont know anymore...

>I dont even know if its truly possible nowdays to infect PC by simply opening and loading page or if scripts can truly "click" on ads without users activity or those are just panic spreading talk.
meltdownattack.com/

Install Gentoo

Why don't you guys make a client that consumes data from the API and stop using the website? It makes no sense to download shit tons of HTML+CSS+JS pages that's loaded with ads when you can get just the data you want in JSON.

You want to trick me into opening that site, dont you? Whats inside?

The website melts your cpu if you open it. Don't click on it.

But for real.

4chanX?
I have never seen any of this stuff using it.

What's everyone talking about?
I've never seen those ads. is it area specific?

Yeah it basically rebuilds the whole site and uses the API but still displays ads and requires a browser. The mobile apps are true Sup Forums clients. There's a guy on the dpt who made a custom client for Sup Forums, it's very neat and calculates things such as board speed.

I never had an issue because I was busy and phone posting itwhen it first came up, then when I went back to my laptop, uBlock origin updated to block this, and Sup Forums x prevented css issue. I honestly thought it was a joke or troll at time, because of the css issue wasn't happening to me.

Someone did, I can't remember the name, but it's basically clover for non mobile. Archives have it somewhere, it someone will chime in with the name, eventually.

There was a script that I used on tampermonkey that sorted it out, but because I was in incog, it didn't save when I closed it
I think the thread I got it from was deleted, so if anyone knows what it is and could supply it again, that'd be grand.

you don't need it anymore

Clearly I do, as Sup Forums went back to being borked when I opened it again.

github.com/siavash119/qtchan

warning: its slow as fuck

Could be US only since Im from EU and didnt got any problems or ads.

Me too, but I dont use 4chanx, just Ublock Origin and didnt notice a thing, not even CSS problems.

So to sum up - it was just new annoying ads problem that got solved by Ublock dudes, no malware at all, browsing is perfectly safe with just Ublock?

It's not US only.

Bump ;_;

Yes.

This is what browsing looks like for me now. What do I do to undo it?

can i add this stuff in adaway ?

Update your ublock origin filters.

Alternatively, use greasemonkey and run this script.

pastebin.com/GbWSy9na

I've done both and they're not working