Hey Sup Forums What do you think about qutebrowser?

Hey Sup Forums What do you think about qutebrowser?

That whole Mr. Robot bullshit with Mozilla left a bad taste in my mouth, and I went looking for something new, and this is what I've been using for a few days. I'm liking it so far, but it does have issues, such as /no-plugins/ Also it's native adblocking seems to suck.

Any users here have any tips to offer me? Thanks for any responses.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ccd0/Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just install Waterfox, it's literally Firefox without the bullshit.

I don't think I want Firefox anymore. I get that you use Waterfox and as such probably wish to recommend it wherever possible, but I don't think that's what I'm looking for, nor is it really topical ITT.
Thank you though.

It's in constant alpha.

1.0.0 released like 2 months ago

Used it for a while, its great. Real pain in the arse to configure, but thats a one off and well worth it.

Only reason I’m currently on FF is because the latest version on OpenBSD is 0.11.

I tried Qutebrowser. Terrible mouse support.
Just use Brave. It's the clear winner of the future.

You know not using the mouse is kind of the point of qutebrowser right?

>keyboard based browser ment for vim users
I don't think you understand

>missing the joke

In that case, then look for Chromium forks such as Vivaldi.

Vivaldi works well in my experience and really does the job at being customizable and looking pretty.

Vivaldi is great but I've had issues recently with it just randomly logging me out.
I know it's not my stupidity because Chrome doesn't log me out and I'm clearing the same data in both.

Why did vimperator have to stop working with FF Quantum?
Im gonna cry, it felt so fast and satisfying to control the whole browser with the keyboard.

Keyboard focused is great and all, but any well designed system should be usable with either input device. Sometimes I just want to one-hand the mouse while eating or whatever.

So what is it that you want to do with a mouse and can't in qutebrowser?

Anyone here ever able to get greasemonkey scripts to work with this browser? All I really want is to be able to use 4chanX.

Sure: github.com/ccd0/Sup Forums-x/pull/1743

>brave
furry botnet browser

Oh fuck yea

>without the bullshit
If only being slow as fuck and eating ram for breakfast was defined under bullshit.

Yeah, you should really go and give the vim devs a piece of your mind.

Probably nothing. Source: using qutebrowser right now, on macOS and can use all the touchpad gestures just fine. The scrolling isn't buttery smooth, but who cares? If I didn't use the keyboard more with this browser, I would still be able to use the mouse like I would in Firefox.

Well 4chanX works but Stylechan/Oneechan seems to not. Bummer.

I tried qutebrowser like 6 months ago and although I liked it, I don't think it's a decent replacement for a fully fledged browser like ff or chromium.
It's something I would install on my secondary computers that I rarely use.

Why?

IMO the 1.0.0 release is very misleading. It just doesn't feel like it should be considered "version 1" of anything.

It's doing well, and I'm currently using it for the entirety of my web browsing but it needs work, which it's getting. Time will be good to qutebrowser for sure.

Also OP, if ad blocking isn't working for you, you need to get a different host file. I had a similar problem.

Qutebrowser just uses host blocking. It can't prevent first party JS from mining buttcornz.

Just build from git source you retard.

It has options to stop unknown js from executing per site.

That’s the plan, but I’ve only just installed OpenBSD on a secondary laptop and it’s bit getting the attention it should.