Sudo vs root: which is best Sup Forums?

sudo vs root: which is best Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=90479.0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I disable root user, using sudo only

>a program used to execute another program as a different user based on various security policies vs the most common target user of that program

/thread

sudo su
You now have root

sudo with Defaults rootpw

THIS I like

su
You now have root.

Shut the fuck up retard. Sudo requires the sudoers password where su requires the root password. I was pointing out the irony in having sudo and root passwords be different so don't try correcting me again you dumb piece of shit.

Why don't you try and calm the fuck down. People can't tell irony from stupidity over the fucking Internet.

You are both retarded.

"sudo -s" is the only correct solution.

What about software that requires root installs?

Well I can tell you were being a dumb cunt instead of ironically "correcting" me. Do the quotes help elaborate my sarcasm?

Noted.

Root. Im lazy

Why is Debian forcing me to create a root account but Ubuntu doesn't?

pfexec

doas

it doesnt
you can leave root password empty and the user you create in install gets sudo access
just like in poobuntu

su and su -c.
I'm not really comfortable with having the same password for user as well as administrative priviledges.

If you weren't a sperg you'd know that the installer tells you that leaving the root password window blank installs sudo and adds your account to sudoers.

But reading is for faggots amirite
dog bless america

>you can leave root password empty and the user you create in install gets sudo access
Shit nigga. Brb gonna spin up a Debian VM again

Thanks for the blog update Justin

sudo -i is better

You're one of those little faggots that has to always have the most correct solution to tedious problems because you never have any creative ideas and so you spend all of your time on little things, like your dick. Eat a bag of shit and die.

>being this triggered

You are jelly you didn't know this. Shut the fuck up and be nice.

Stop projecting pajeet.

You've never read man sudo, have you?
Fun fact: You can su root without root account if you sudo -s first

I don't know why you're getting so mad over something so stupid. You should do some pushups or jumping jacks or something. Burn off some of that steam

You're cute when you're angry!

What's the difference?

I wasn't the one that "corrected" you. And yes quotes help

security vs portability

Oh look, someone's getting mad on the internet...

>have scripts that need superuser privileges in my local PATH
>sudo: command not found
>have to either install globally to use with sudo, or preface necessary commands in the script with "sudo"

A note on the usage of sudo:
pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=90479.0

Or allow keeping the PATH variable (and make sure it plays nicely with SecurePath)

only a clueless noob would answer root

sudo su

how do i install sudo on windows?? ? ?

sudo on my laptop, su on my server.

If you don't understand why, you need to stop posting forever.

For a machine with a single user who is also the administrator, it doesn't much matter.

>windows
stick below line in a file called sudo.bat and copy that file to %windir%\System32:
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Start-Process -verb runAs %*

Even better: install chocolatey and then install sudo with choco install -y sudo elevated cmd.