/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of whorology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for noobies:
youtu.be/gK-5s5jAg0c

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

casio.jp/wat/
youtube.com/watch?v=0pOtkAa1iqQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this OK !

No.

Why not?

I like the styling cues

How miserable does your life have to be to spend 30.000$ on a fucking watch?

You can get a nice solar seiko for $200

/wt/ was a mistake.

ur a mistake

200$ I can understand.
Over 30.000$ is goddamn insane.

who said anything about 30k?

Can you kindly fuck off. Our lives all make us want to spend hours researching watches and posting on this shitty website. Can you let us talk to one another without fucking ruining this as well?

this watch originally came with a leather band but i like metal bands better, is it blasphemy to throw a 14k gold band on it or does it NEED to have a leather band?

>nobody can talk about watches they like/dislike but me

what's your problem

Ignore trolls, post watches

Daily reminder that Rolex is overpriced crap. You you buy one, it's only because you have fallen for the jew propaganda.

wtf i love seiko now

>Ignore trolls, post watches

You NEED to kys

kek don't go on the gs website then.

i don't get it

you like them because their shit is on the www. subdomain?

fuck off

No, because the website is botnet-free.

Could you elaborate? I’m not saying you’re wrong I just don’t know specifically what you’re talking about

No third party domains.

what would you normally see?

>Whorology

what watch manufacturer site would?

Cuter than Boxxy

what are you mad about, i seriously don't get it

So how come Sup Forums hasn't talked about this watch at all? It's been out for months now.
Is it because Epson makes bad watches or there is nothing new or exciting about it? Or is it just too big for Sup Forums's wrist? Perhaps the name is not true enough?
The waypoint feature sounds pretty cool.

Bro

Aniki?

Yeah having a rotating bezel that goes to 100 but has markers for 15 and 30 could never be confusing...........

I wasn't aware that it would actually confuse people. Thank you, Anonymous.

What's the point of the bezel? Does the center chrono hand go all the way around in one second or something?

>60 means 40 mins

great idea

I don't want to carry around a pager again

Is it required to carry the pager around?

How else am I supposed to get the barometric pressure in my cubicle?

That's what your sensor display is for. You wouldn't take your dirty field tools and clog up the walkways with them. You do have a sensor display in your cubicle, right, Anonymous?

Recommend me a business professional watch between n $300-$500 US, no leather bracelet.

SKX007

Sarb033/035

Get a gold Speidel, don't listen to these children.

Also does it have a Valjoux 7734 movement?

why does this fucking picture exist

casio.jp/wat/

Japanese Internet is comfy, I wish I could read weeaboo hieroglyphs.

No offense but that lathe video is stone age technology.
We are on Sup Forums im sure an arduino a 3D printer and a little imagination can go a long way.

Modern 3d printing is really not nearly precise enough, generally, for watch components. Cnc is fairly standard and mems is coming online. Some shops 3d print cases but not many.

Why does every vintage watch I get with a Speidel always have one at least three sizes too small for the lugs?

or you can mount an air driven micro turbine with a diamond tip (all retail available and cheap btw) and cut the shape you want from a sheet of metal.
Instead of a plastic doing out and feeding into the head you will have a thin hose driving the turbine.

OK this is a horrible recomendationthis is slightly better but regardless of what autists on this retarded board think or say other people matter and their opinion of you does as well. wearing a seiko around the office makes you a faggot. You need to save more money and buy a decent watch when you can or where nothing at all.

Is this a shitter?

Protip: no one in the office gives a fuck about your watch

Oh fuck, are the numerals printed on? That's so bad

really depends on the office senpai

Does Costco sell anything worthwhile?

Untrue. Try wearing a Rolex or a popular Omega model and see.

People even directly asks about it.

Dude are you retarded?

I like a lot of what the brand has to offer, but that looks like something from AliExpress.

>Burberry
>Shitola
>Breitling
>that awful solar Seiko diver the sperg shitposts
Not from that picture

>Does Costco sell anything worthwhile?
That Padi seiko solar on the right for $199 is a good deal

There was this idea in the 70's with aftermarket bracelets that they should be more or less universal in their size.

Whats special about it?

S O L A R
O
L
A
R

>Baume
>TAG

Everything else is SHIT

>classic diver styling
>more accurate than a rolex
>runs for 6 months on one day of being exposed to light
>power cell good for 20 years
>better finishing than an Omega, nice steel bracelet oyster

what's not to like?

Honestly what the fuck is this thread? I've been seeing it ever since I first started browsing Sup Forums but never once clicked on it until now.
What has to go wrong in your life that makes you come to fucking 4vhan so you can discuss watches? I mean it's seriously just pathetic. Watches aren't even technology. This thread belongs on /fa/.

>Made by Shitko
>looks like something from the EDGE catalog
Also you are not educated enough to argue for "finish"

The Breitling Superocean isn't bad.

I wouldn't mind so much if they had the pop out stabilizers like some do, but having 3-5mm of play at the lugs is pretty annoying. I always end up replacing them with leather. On the plus side, I have a few Speidels waiting for a goods fit now.

I dont dive so w/e

mad

Go to an /fa/ watch thread and you'll likely kill yourself

sure bud

>TAG
>good enough
youtube.com/watch?v=0pOtkAa1iqQ

Hey Solar Seiko shitposter put your money wear your mouth is and ask Archie for a paid watch review for that cheap looking piece of trash.

Like I give a fuck what that fat greasy fuck thinks about anything

>stop liking what I don't like
I'm sorry about your advanced autism.

He owned more watches that 10 people here collectively.
In that regard I respect what he has to say more that your sorry ass.

so go listen to him and buy what he tells you to

perhaps you can look and live like him someday if you are lucky

I already do fag,he is not my hero but a muse.

Some people can afford a $30k watch more easily than many people can afford a $200 watch.

I'm not the user you're talking to, but that's just too hilarious not to comment.

That brings us to an interesting topic. How many monthly net wages would you spend in a single watch?

Id say one, but still havent spend more than 0.3 never.

The most I've spent is a little over half a week. 1 months salary sounds like a retirement-tier watch; otherwise it's really hard to imagine going over a week, maybe two.

wtf is this thread?

>wtf is this thread?
GUESS

I've probably spent in that ballpark on my entire collection but not a single piece. not much different from owning/modifying cars as a hobby in terms of unpractical moneysink. I also spend about 5-6k/year on my motorcycle/track days if you annualize the cost. easily over 30k in the past 5 years.

this just in: adults have disposable income and allocate money towards their hobbies. sorry if that upsets you.

Why "retirement" tier? Why not buy it sooner and enjoy it your whole life?

Can you have a good watch for under $500?

Sure. What kind of watch do you want?

Yes,buy used buy smart.

There's no such thing as a good watch, only a good price.

of course, as long as you realize that seiko solar is love, seiko solar is life

Dude i have never responded to you but it has been months that you do this. This has moved past shitposting you may actually need real help man. I can give you my email address or something and you can contact me. I can try to get you some help or I can talk to you if you need it.

that's a strange response to posting an excellent sub $500 watch

Memes aside. How difficult would be to service it when the battery dies if you are in a third world shithole and/or Seiko has run out of business in like year 2040?