Untitled

your point?

he thought he could make a funny blog post I guess

Commercial for icy hot

This is why laptops are absolute dogshit, a slim mini-itx desktop vesa mounted on the back of a monitor does not have this problem.

If you really want portability just use your phone and remote into your desktop when you really have to.

this is how you die of electron poisoning

Speaking of which how does one die of real electron poisoning (ie exposure to beta radiation)? How come electricians who constantly get electrocuted on an hourly basis live to see 60 for example?

I'm deadass serious, TFX PSUs are pretty small and don't need a power brick.

This is especially feasible now that raven ridge APUs for desktops are a thing now.

Heh, nothing personal, kid.

What kind of insane electricians are you hiring?

How can we make ShitBook Air not an overheating facebook machine?

Will drilling some holes solve the problem?

he's right
laptops are for typing and using desktop applications on the go. theyre barely more portable than a desktop but you will be called autistic if you want to haul a small desktop around

You retard the power brick is an external AC-DC power supply. Laptops have to get battery from somewhere. Most low power machinery

No shit but laptops in general are trash especially because:

1) OEM laptop power bricks suck ass, they constantly get hot and take longer to juice up your battery especially if you place it near insulating material (your bed).

2.) Laptops just plain suck as computers unless they weight 20KG and cost gajillion $ to give you desktop-level performance. Even then you cannot upgrade important components like the CPU/GPU, you'll be stuck on a dead platform for a decade and eventually forced to buy a new one instead of just the components.

The way I see it, once we get winblows on phones there will no longer be a need for laptops other than being a fashion accessory (see macs).

There was a hackaday article about someone modding a retina like that and the difference was quite large.

It's simple really, just install a mini water cooling system like microshaft did on their tablet pcs. Only catch is even with 1337 cooling the CPU will still TDP throttle to base processor frequency to prevent the battery from exploding (heard this was a problem on early macbooks).

forgot pic related

i bet that charger is AMD

Interesting that you mention AMD because intel is now the housefire and the 30% thing just makes the fire rise higher.

Athlon 64 days are back lmao.

Well yes, but laptops are designed for portability and usability. Unless you're playing triple A games at ultra quality, nowadays your average laptop can handle some light gaming, and whatever normal workload you need. Outside of some specialty workloads (rendering, etc), there's not much need for a desktop now.

Shit, I've even gone full eGPU setup now, and I don't really miss anything. Sure, if I had the cash to burn, I'd build another gaming computer, but I'm not hurting for much as it is now.

that's a jewish trick if ever I saw one

>extra heat reduces lifespan of the battery
>put heatsink on top of the battery
>you can't replace the battery at all since it's totally sealed in

It's like you are a retarded gamer or something
A laptop is perfect for normal computing or networking activities and when needed logging on a more powerful machine is a ssh away

No electrician worth his stuff ever should be getting electrocuted or shocked

le funny tech pic xd

>theyre barely more portable than a desktop
You want to know how I know you're a moron?

the macbook isn't over heating itself. The body of the laptop acts as a heatsink, keeping the laptop components cool, although the body gets hot. Short of switching from a metal case to a plastic case, there is nothing to do. Plastic cases also need to be bulkier as to not break and would require heatsinks and ans since the body cannot dissipate heat. It is honestly a genius design to use the body as a heat sink to save space , until you remember that an overheating laptop body is not comfortable for the user and realize how shitty apple is.

Stop.

What the hell kind of wiring does your house have that it uses beta radiation for electricity?

How long did it take you to get used to the input lag?

That sounds like a bomb also I'm fairly certain some thermal pad thingie is stuck between the heatsink and battery.

That's the thing though, you can SSH from a phone. Laptops aren't necessary anymore especially when phones adopt x86 wangblows (emulation through arm can be done).

>keeping the laptop components cool
Why is CPU throttling then?

Hey guys I just built my new computer [spoiler] on carpet

About to turn it on for the first time, wish me luck!

All laptop chargers are heating up like shit, why in the year of tesla cars and elon musk going to mars they cannot fucking design some electronic thing that does not generate heat....

>have to get battery from somewhere
>show bobs n vegana

And what kind of electricians is he hiring to see them get electrocuted on an hourly basis?

>The body of the laptop acts as a heatsink
Lol no.

Wow, ice is melting at room temperature!

Wtf man that's not how it works at all. If the metal frame of the laptop was used as a heatsink for the processor people would be getting 3rd degree burns.

Have you noticed how cpus can reach up to 100C°?

they are all made in china and are the cheapest that produce just enough power to make the thing connected to it work.

You can use a phone but it's totally impractical
It's OK if you set up aliases for everything but typing anything more complex is a pain with touch keyboard and the tiny screen
plugging a keyboard and external monitor is idiotic when you can just use a laptop with a full keyboard and good screen size

>no chef worth his stuff should ever get a cut
>no programmer worth his stuff should ever write a bug
>no musician worth his stuff should ever hit a wrong note
>no carpenter worth his stuff should ever bend a nail

>dual core ultra portable laptop
>complaining about rendering performance
This might not be the best hardware choice for the task at hand.

Just don't buy it, problem solved.

Laptop PSU's are just fine faggot

>I don't know what efficiency is

It's not ultra portable though. Also isn't it quad core with HT?

Ah, thought it was a pro. Why is it so fucking thick if it's air though?

is this one of those riddles where someone's murdered but the room is locked from the inside and the answer is that the person electrocuted themselves with ice cubes and some electrical components under their pillow?

i love those riddles. good riddle OP

I went to fucking Zupans World Market yesterday
they were selling a can of vernors for 4 fucking dollars

Are you trying to create fire? You've set water on top of electricity, and put a good amount of kindling underneath.

> (OP)
I too have ice

Not OEM ones which us what most people use.

I love Detective Conan too

Don't try this, it creates chlorine gas.

>cannot upgrade components
Here's something that's been on my mind for a long time. What is stopping the big laptop manufacturers from using MXM3.0 GPUs and socketed desktop CPUs like Eurocom does? You'd think with all the push for the mobile workstation more companies would get in on those features.