manjaro.org/category/community-editions/deepin/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pros
>not american botnet

cons
>chinese botnet

why not this?
manjaro.org/category/community-editions/deepin/

Why should I install it instead of Deepin?

hahaa depin

Try helping instead of showing your memes collection, kid

It strive to look and feel sort of like Windows or Mac OS, but the Mac OS desktop only has the dock and no global menu. It fails there. Even Redstar OS looks more like Mac OS.

Poopin

Why not install Mac OS on your non Apple hardware?

He's probably not gay.

non free software
doesn't work on amd hardware afaik

Pros
>sends your data to Chyna rather than Murica
>uses apt, so easy widespread use of .deb packages is just ez
>looks really nice

Cons
>Bloated and slow as fuck, install Ubuntu / Debian and install Deepin DE instead

Chinese Botnet

Uh... yes it does. Look at my pic and you can see that I'm using a Ryzen processor and it works perfectly. Bug free and everything works. I can update, use iMessage, Appstore, etc. Everything works. I have audio, networking, and sound working. Power settings work as I can put my computer to sleep. It just werks.

>Non free software
Yet, you want to use a GNU/Linux distro that uses non free drivers and firmware blobs. If you want free, use Libreboot and Trisquel or another distro that is endorsed by the FSF. Stop saying that regular distros are free software when they aren't. I don't care about free software as I'm not a freetard, but use whatever you want.

Whoops wrong pic. Here is a pic showing I'm using a Ryzen processor. I posted the wrong picture.

Debian Based > Arch Based

Fuck. I'm being a autist, but my point still stands. Mac OS runs great on AMD. You don't have to use it, but if you want free software, use a libre distro.

all right nig, but you still have to do some complicated steps just to install the OS. it's not like you can burn an iso and install the thing like, say, debian or even windows.

why would i invest time researching how to install an operating system that it's not made for my hardware?

>Stop saying that regular distros are free
i never said anything about that. i use debian sid with non free repos and prefer libre software when possible.

have a free shrug.

>it's not like you can burn an iso
1999 wants its OS installation method back

wow great argument fagtron you sure convinced me with that hot shitpost

Okay, you just install a version of Mac OS that include the files for you, then you run the post install script, and install a boot loader (clover). After that you put the proper drivers (kext) in your clover boot loader folder in your EFI partition. Real hard, OP. It is just like installing Windows, but with 2 more steps. You type xlnc after you're done installing in the terminal and select the post install option. After that, you can boot into Mac OS.

Pros :
> Everything looks nice
> Easy to install
> Uses apt
Cons :
> Buggy/unstable (at least for now)
> Sketchy rumors about devs and their relations to the chinese governement
> Debian repos

How did you make it work on Ryzen? I want to try. Were there a lot of bugs to sort out? What's your motherboard?

i don't care for downstream distros

Yeah it does look nice but I tried it about 6 months ago and the bugs were crazy