XPS 1488

XPS 1488

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Flagship-Inspiron-Touchscreen-Quad-Core-Bluetooth/dp/B077YSPHZX/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1515539361&sr=1-5&keywords=dell laptop
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

XPS 1984

XPS 3/5

Is this better than the Pixelbook and Surface Pro?

laptop meme thread? laptop meme thread.

But can it run Crysis?

>not a macbook
it's trash.

I don't get this meme, how can anyone like those HUGE hideous xbox bezels?

This laptop is such a fucking meme. Pure advertising. They never mention the overheating. The buzzing. The random blackouts.

>inb4 MacBook or ThinkPad

No. Two other forms of cancer.

They are too busy sucking off other gays to notice and if you point it out they will just call you poor.
That said, it wasnt this way before but the thin bezels were prone to cracking, especially on aluminum 'books and the whole unibody switch added width for a curved lid.

I have the latitude 7480 currently and I love it.

happy for you

>the next stage of computahing incumming (pic very fucking related, m8)

I have an XPS 15 and a college girl complimented me on my screen. We're getting coffee later :^)

What's a computer?

i have latitude 5580 and it's not that great. i'm constantly getting messages that my battery is not recognized, fans don't seem to work correctly on arch (they're not speeding up when needed), and the hdd makes noises similar to coil whine. also, it often heats up just from playing youtube videos but that's doesn't bother me that much.

but not when you're typing

> (OP)
>This laptop is such a fucking meme. Pure advertising. They never mention the overheating. The buzzing. The random blackouts.
>>inb4 MacBook or ThinkPad
>No. Two other forms of cancer.
So what do you recommend?

kek will they change the name?

>XPS laptops are designed to be the best, with the highest resolution displays, exceptional build quality, unique materials and powerful features.
>powerful features.
The new model has no USB-A ports, only USB-C.
you literally can't plug in a USB stick. Fuck this piece of trash.

I have the XPS 15 9560, got all the ports and only one USB-C type. What's really disappointing is the lack of ethernet port, though I guess you could get a USB-C/Ethernet dongle if you had to. Oh well.

They also removed the openings on the bottom so they could make it "thinner".
We apple now boys.

refurbished workstation business class

>not carrying your required dongles like a good goy
>not replacing all your peripherals every 2 years like a good goy
There are USB c flash drives and sandick has one with both type c and type a

>walk into meeting on Monday with your new ultrabook
>"oh hey user can we use your laptop for the presentation, my battery is dead and I forgot my charger. I put all the files on this USB stick"
How do you explain that you just spent $1500 on a brand new laptop and it can't take a fucking USB drive.

90% of normies have their shit in the "cloud" because everybody is pushing it so hard.

>Sup Forums
>normies
Actually, no you're right.

Me too, great machine, awesome battery life.
But the screen is lovely too!

they out gayed macbooks
good job

Just got a spectre x360 15“
. AMA

tits and time stamp
i mean pictures and install gentoo on it

Fuck off autismo.

Like I'd let anyone plug in a random USB stick to my machine
Get the fuck outta here

>1488

ah 90's
welcome back
i missed my devices slowly turning an ugly, disgusting looking yellow tinge as they slowly age to perfection

Who the fuck actually spends this much on a laptop?
Just get the cheapest upgradable dell/lelnovo with a 1080p screen and install your favorite distro on it.
They all have the same i5U processor in them anyway.

> t. poorfag

have you ever used one? theyre comfy af for bedposting and portability senpai

Are you saying that because it's all white or because of it's Hitler mustache?

Laptops are fine
I'm just saying not to spend desktop money on such a gimped machine

its all use case though
unless youre compiling a kernel on a regular basis or a gamer, why would you want to be propped up in front of a desktop? even memepads are huge, heavy, loud and bulky. newer ultrabooks are pretty capable machines for such a small form factor

Yeah and they all cost more than what they're worth
What's wrong with something like this?
>amazon.com/Flagship-Inspiron-Touchscreen-Quad-Core-Bluetooth/dp/B077YSPHZX/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1515539361&sr=1-5&keywords=dell laptop

When I googled "xps 1488" this thread is the first result. True story

>all cost more than what they're worth
depends how you look at it. if lightweight and compact but still capable is what someone is looking for, you really cant find anything better than the 13" ultrabooks

if youre talking about 15/17" i agree with you that theres better options out there for much less money. ive never understood why people would buy the xps 15 for example, it really is just a waste of money.

>Things that quite literally have, never happened.
Larpbot 3000 detected.

>Yeah, and they all cost more then what they're worth.
Your definition of "worth" is different from others quite clearly.

imagine this but grey