All these people ditching their 1-2 year old Intel builds

>All these people ditching their 1-2 year old Intel builds
>Switching to Ryzen because of Meltdown
>Think Ryzen's single core performance is comparable
>Half of Sup Forums is Sup Forums
>Laugh while I scoop up cheap coffelake and Kabylake CPUs for nothing
>Meltdown meme turns out to be nothing
>Chicken littles all suffer with their inferior chink CPUs forcing their fans to be louder
>Cheap AM4 mobos brick because of how cheap they're made
>RAM can't stablely hit 3200hz

Can't wait.

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2018/1/9/16868290/microsoft-meltdown-spectre-firmware-updates-pc-slowdown
steamcommunity.com/games/NexMachina/announcements/detail/1583444307645115385
youtube.com/watch?v=m1LJS6p6_Mw
dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE139061.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

.16c deposited into your account

no way im ditching a 2 year old high end build
you'd have to be a fucking retard to do that

A 20-30% loss on single core performance on Intel CPU's is enough to proppel AMD's single core performance to the lead.

inb4 someone posts faked benchmark """proving""" you wrong.

>A 20-30% loss on single core performance on Intel CPU's is enough to proppel AMD's single core performance to the lead.
Did it happen? That 30% drop.

>>Laugh while I scoop up cheap coffelake and Kabylake CPUs for nothing
300-series chipsets when

muuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyymmmmmmmmmmmmmmmsssssssssssssss

From Microsoft: Skylake and newer seeing single-digit performance hit, most users won't notice but some might.

Haswell and older on Windows 10 see a more significant performance hit and more users will notice.

Haswell and older on Windows 7/8 will see significant performance hits and pretty much any kind of user will notice the hit.

theverge.com/2018/1/9/16868290/microsoft-meltdown-spectre-firmware-updates-pc-slowdown

>Laugh while I scoop up cheap coffelake and Kabylake CPUs for nothing
Shill confirmed. They're still as overpriced everywhere as they've always been.

steamcommunity.com/games/NexMachina/announcements/detail/1583444307645115385

Epic posted a similar chart on their forums.

>on Windows 7/8
>significant performance hits

Your client-side gaymes won't make enough syscalls for it to be noticable.

Servers take a big hit because they actually utilize the kernel in a major way. Our VMware cluster took a huge leap in CPU%.

I did this too merely to stop sucking Intel's cock.
Stop being such a materialist scum. If losing a tiny bit of performance means preserving my integrity as a person, I'm all for it.
Not to mention the 30% drop on Intel chips is real.

>stop being materialist
>throws away hundreds of dollars because of a bug/peer pressure

alright

I am replacing a ten year old computer, so it was about time anyways

>OY VEY THEY'RE JUST IDIOTS, I'M SMART SO I'M STAYING WITH INTELĀ®

Time is up, Goldstein. I'd dump your shares if I were you.

a 1 year old i5 build at that price and it performs as a 7 year old i3 laptop

It's pretty stupid to replace a recent intel build with Ryzen, since you'll not be going up in performance. And intel already got the money.
However, if you were upgrading anyway, it'd be dumb to 'upgrade' to something vulnerable to meltdown.

i want to fug liru

Actually any game that runs on the frostbite engine is going to take a performance dive.

>practical boob holders
>literal belt
gr8 b8 m8

>Your client-side gaymes won't make enough syscalls for it to be noticable.
I guess I'm fine since I only play a few games if any, and they actually went up 1-5fps. My gpu is working too hard, and running too hot now (even when just watching videos) after the recent update.

>Switching to Ryzen because of Meltdown
But any CPU that does branch prediction and speculative execution is vulnerable to this exploit. Why would you switch from one compromised piece of hardware to another?

You're retarded.
>Think Ryzen's single core performance is comparable
It's 5% behind, at Broadwell levels.
>Chicken littles all suffer with their inferior chink CPUs forcing their fans to be louder
Ryzen is more power efficient actually.
>Cheap AM4 mobos brick because of how cheap they're made
Once again, bullshit with no sources other than your ass.
>RAM can't stablely hit 3200hz
lol wut. Plenty of people have got 3200, you have to use b die, but since you are a retarded nigger you probably don't know what that means. People are getting 3600hz now, look at Asus forums

Thats how the exploit works on Intel - Ryzen's speculative execution is more secure which prevents it.

> you have to use b die

Yeah, nah. My corsair vengeance kit (hynix yo) runs at 3200mhz. Hell it even runs stable and slightly tighter timings than advertised.

Only Sup Forums buys Intel.

>performance drops on kaby/coffeelake for all productivity tasks, only games are mostly unaffected
>sane people buy and because they get more performance for price
>haha fucking Sup Forums amdrones!!hurr!

If you buy Intel right now you're a manbaby from Sup Forums who was unaffected by the performance drop

>Be rich
>Don't have to worry about Intel/AMD processor costs
>watch wageslaves get freaked out about inconsequential bugs in the only two companies that serve them their 1080p tendies
Fucking poorfags in this joint, fuck outta here

>b-but r-r-r-ryzen is more s-secure
You're talking like you don't even know what spectre is or how it works.

You talk like nigger. Got spinning rims and gold chain? Fuck you must be the richest and niggest in your crack house ghetto

>his ram needs to be over 2133

i regret buying 3200 ram because i initially oc'd it last year after i built my machine and did not notice any difference in speed.

Because one is fixable and the other is not.

>fixable
You literally need new silicon to fix spectre. That silicon doesn't exist yet.

i think there are good and bad to both intel and amd.

intel is and for the foreseeable future will be the gaming choice for most people because it's still the best.

amd is a good budget choice or a good choice for people who want to build a nice workstation for less money.

any issues intel is having now amd could have in a year. you never know. i'm happy with my 6700k, i just built my dad a pc with a 1600x and it's not far behind my 6700k so it's nice to see intel has competition.

>steam

i will stay on my i5 2500k even if those models are free. the build quality of anything after sandy bridge went down alot. shit would crack when you put a fan on it and later models arent soldered anymore.

50% drop on modern NVME SSD's

you're still materialist scum if you switch to amd since it's still materialism under a different brand.

>Haswell and older on Windows 10 see a more significant performance hit and more users will notice.
>
>Haswell and older on Windows 7/8 will see significant performance hits and pretty much any kind of user will notice the hit.
Sure thing

So gaming and video editing isn't affected?

What is? Data transferes?

Except OP talked about meltdown.
And the 2nd Variant of Spectre is fixable on amd.

So what is the windows 7 update to disable this fix? My ivy bridge dont need no performance hit

I'm ditching my 4670k for Ryzen 7 1700x I got for $250.

The performance hit is tangible in EVERYTHING on Win7.
God knows how bad the future patches will be for Spectre 2.

Elaborate.

Prove the attack works with any accuracy on AMD hardware.

You've literally got a better chance of guessing memory contents.

Compiling jobs that used to be 20 minutes are like 35-40 minutes.

My system boots about 8 seconds slower (44 seconds, up from 36 last week)

Doing anything in database is slow.
My PCIe NVME drive is almost as slow as my magnetic hybrid drive.

My only option is to upgrade, and AMD is about half the cost at this point.
The spectre V2 bug is going to wreck shit when someone makes a PoC, and if AMD is affected, they still won't have the Meltdown slowdown.

I doubt AMD is affected because AMD has been doing memory management differently from Intel since the 90s.

The only way to fix it will either be another OS level patch to obfuscate predictive execution resulting in further slowdown, or new silicon.

Jesus Christ how horrifying.
So basically Windows 7 is dead and M$ is probably happy about it.

For intel, yes.
I'm sure this is all a (((coincidence))) though.

How is it possible to be so behind the news and misinformed? Oh, right. You're a shill.

>My system boots about 8 seconds slower
I noticed that too today.

>or new silicon
I doubt that will happen for anything older than Kaby Lake

I haven't ditched intel yet.
But I'm really considering doing it before the prices go through the roof.
On the other hand, my build is really new, and I didn't really want to spend any more money on my computer.
It's a tough call.

I want to fuck that cat

wait 'til zen+ to make your call, maybe spectre v2 shows up til there and you'll have clear path to decide

Spectre won't be fixed for years, idiot. The only difference is that AMD never had a real problem with it anyway, since you need physical access for it to affect patched AMDs.

>forcing fans to be louder
Ryzen CPUs come with decent stock coolers. I would assume anything you could buy would be better. And so it's pretty clear that audibility is likely not an issue.

it's a wolf

Sauce on this?

the intel desperation is reaching new levels

I read in on here no idea if true

Is it true that you don't need to update your bios if you patch your OS against meltdown?

other way around

Google demonstrated that a simple Javascript that can hack Intel CPUs via Internet (regarless of OS).

Intel can be hacked remotely through Internet. But Hacking AMD by Spectre requires physical access.

Intel is vulnerable to Spectre & Meltdown. AMD is immune to Meltdown, however also vulnerable to Spectre.

Google demonstrated that a simple Javascript can hack Intel CPUs via Internet (regarless of OS).

Intel can be hacked remotely through Internet.

Hacking AMD by Spectre requires physical access. So It's safer.

Some guy lost his post, so I put it back for him.
Gotchu bro.

it is there

Games are unaffected tho, dumb faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=m1LJS6p6_Mw

>mfw refusing to update to preserve performance

COME AT ME SPECTRE

dayum, 10/10 cosplay a shame shes not a 10/10 as well

>things that never happened: the post

Is this how the era of ThinkPad X220 ends?

How badly will this affect old CPUs like a Core 2? It is finally time to retire my old desktop?

she's my gf

sauce?

>use intel
Javascript you password, nothing personal kiddo

dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE139061.html

>Kabylake & coffee CPUs for nothing.
Naw your fucking lying where

thank you kindly user

like I give a shit, I have a 6700K and nothing I do that prioritizes single core performance is too slow on Ryzen. I'm not ditching my CPU yet but I'll upgrade to something from AMD as soon as I need more performance.

liru cute girl. liru nice bobs

I'm not upgrading my i5 2500k until at least zen 2. There's no reason to, I have a 75hz freesync monitor and every game hits 75fps unless it's GPU bottlenecked.

Goyim don't ditch Intel, just buy a faster drive!

If Ryzen was 5% behind before meltdown, that just means it's 25% faster now.

Maybe it's my country but i5 8400 is a lot cheaper than ryzen 1600.
There is like $100 difference.
So actually i would buy the "jew" stuff if i buy amd. There was no meltdown and spectre when they announced this price for it.

Only a handful of retards actually fell for this.

There are more AMD shills falseflagging of how they are building a PC right now with an Intel CPU only to """switch""" to AyyMD.

t. El Idiotto

Why does the bios update make it run even shittier

Last night I fapped to Liru and here she is now.
Who should I fap to next? Give me game ideas

>have haswell chip and win10
So how do I go about sueing Intel? This is bullshit. Oh wait the updates voluntary right?

>meltdown
>suddenly jump to spectre thing
how retard you can be ?

Your mom

they won't trick me into giving up my 3570k

It's hilarious isn't it? All these retards switching to poozen. Can't wait for the "I fell for the AMD meme" rage threads :^)

Yep. Try doing this shit in yen or roubles and get back to me ok?

50 shekels have been deposited into your good goy account

> muh 30-60 percent
There was no. single. evidence. of this ever happening?

The performance drop isn't noticeable for gaming or casual computer usage, but cloud computing providers have been hit hard.

yes, which means high-core count xeon and heavily parallel loads. so that is ...0% of Sup Forums or Sup Forums or basically, 0% of the regular customers online.

this whole shit has been soooo heavily overblown, it's ridiculous.
> inb4 Intel shill
> inb4 you don't care
I fucking care, I got sad/shocked/worked-up when these memelords started posting the "numbers pulled out of my ass" numbers on Twitter and whatnot. But to be fair? They should be fucking hanged.

They do all this fake news posting only to get their 5 minutes of fame on Twitter. Shit's ridiculous. It's like those overhyped security bugs in Android.
> OMG NOW A SINGLE MMS WILL BLOW YOUR PHONE UP AND FUCK YOUR DOG
> [ 5 years later ]
> literally fucking no one got attacked by that

.... I absolutely hate these "researchers". Linus is 100% absolutely right about them being masturbating monkeys. Worthless scum of IT.
Don't get me wrong, I do not mean all researchers or proper ones. But these "fearmongerers" who will do anything for a minute of online/twitter fame.

(You)