Apple wants to compete with samsung

>apple wants to compete with samsung
>but the phone can't be a stand alone computer

get with the times

It looks decent I guess. Isnt it basically chromeOS though? Can you post the wallpaper?
Also Apple is seemingly trying to kill laptops/desktops for the tablet w/keyboard meme.

no, I can't find the file atm, but if I find it, i'll bump this thread

it can run more than chrome, chrome is restricted to chrome extension and apps, thie can run anything from the play store

chromosome added play store support 1-2 years ago.

>uses phone
>at a desk

what's the point?!?! you're as much a faggot as gaymen laptop users.

if this was a replacement for a laptop it would make more sense.
>don't need anything inside laptop except maybe expanded storage
>can have a 6000mAh battery for super long use
>keyboard and mouse when you want to get work done, just use phone for everything else

it's a step in the right direction, user, but it's not fully realized yet. I'm sure when apple releases whatever they're working on (which they are working on) it'll blow this shit away

you mean like Razor just announced?

>apple shills are behind the times

Call me when there is an android with full window manager support, decent file manager etc.

>I'm sure when apple releases whatever they're working on (which they are working on) it'll blow this shit away

I haven't tried dex yet but apparently it can run any native Linux arm binaries or whole DEs is a window over android UI, and developers say it's not virtualised.

Don't forget iPhones CONSTANTLY overheat and thermal throttle even in the most basic of tasks like opening youtube. Owners are so adamant that you keep viewing the same geekbench score result they spam in any thread pointing out flaws on their overpriced electronics in a desperate bid to validate the horrible financial decision they will be stuck with for the next 24 months.

>alleges iphone throttles opening youtube
>yet a benchmark specifically designed to tax the cpu doesn't throttle, or if it does, the phone still manages to beat any android phone

really activates my almonds

>benchmark specifically designed to tax the cpu
>designed to tax the cpu

Try again iToddler.

Whoops, look like you forgot to include the geekbench graph showing how powerful our A11™ Apple™ processor is mr. ranjeet. I'm afraid I will have to deduct 10 rupees from your payroll this month. I'm fully confident mistakes like this won't happen again in the future.

10/10

I think Apple has the better idea. Instead of trying to literally use your phone as the laptop itself, it's probably better to leave your phone in your pocket while you're using a separate device designed to be used as a laptop. Why put your phone in a weird dock and wear it down by trying to make it do grownup stuff when instead you could just let the 'ghost' of your phone live in your computer when in use?

That's what Continuity is, and it's way more practical than Project Lisa or whatever.

every time I watch BLACKED on my iPhone 7 my phone OVERHEATS and THROTTLES me pls help

>what's the point?

because eventually we'll get to a point where, besides certain power-user tasks, our phones will be able to handle most of our computer tasks and just putting it in a dock would be enough

Holy fuck, a fucking useless feature Apple doesn't have!

My phone is fast enough for my minimal computing needs and I connect it to a monitor when it's charging. I use a Bluetooth keyboard.

A desktop DE I could toggle would be outstanding.

Actually tell me how carrying a phone with a seperate screen, keyboard and mouse is more convenient than a phone + laptop

...this actually looks pretty comfy

But that would cannibalize Mac sales
>imagine docking an iPhone to run macOS and write iOS apps

>Actually tell me how carrying a phone with a seperate screen, keyboard and mouse
You don't carry the screen, keyboard and mouse.

Do you not understand the concept of a dock?