WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH THE PRICES
>make a new build 4 months ago
>get 8 GB RAM, gonna get more later when I have more cash
>look into buying another 8 GB of the same kind
>price is literally 30% higher
>over just 4 months
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/video/2017/11/30/amd-ceo-lisa-su-blockchain-is-a-positive-foundational-technology.html
reuters.com/article/us-china-chips/china-regulator-flags-greater-scrutiny-on-chips-after-price-surge-idUSKBN1EL017
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_von_Neumann
wired.com/2015/06/google-reveals-secret-gear-connects-online-empire/
abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/intel-fixing-security-vulnerability-chips-52122993
wired.com/2017/04/building-ai-chip-saved-google-building-dozen-new-data-centers/
memcon.com/pdfs/proceedings2014/NET101.pdf
nanya.com/Content/InvestorCalendar/180_Nanya_Presentation_Cathay Summit _20170315_ENG.pdf
techreport.com/news/27676/samsung-starts-making-8gb-gddr5-memory-chips
anandtech.com/show/11724/samsung-sk-hynix-graphics-memory-prices-increase-over-30-percent
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The same thing that's happening in every computing market :
> Price fixing
> Collusion
> Profit whoring
> Supply-side manipulation
And nigger tier business practices to fuck over cornered and monopolized markets.

The good thing is that new architectures, corporations, and alternatives are in the pipe. The goal is an attempt to try to kill of custom builds and component markets and force people into segmented production zones.

As much as AMD of all fucking people claimed the APU revolution was to usher in a new era of computing its really being done to segment the computing market away from components/custom builds. Nothing has been done to open up infinity fabric nor will open access be given to their APU paradigm..

You notice everyone pushing APUs all at once?
> Intel
> AMD
> Nvidia (Nvidia shield : BFG {Big format Gaming} or use our cloud goy

Not a dam GPU in-stock in-sight and RAM prices out the fucking yinyang and not a comment from any of these jackasses as to wtf is going on and why they can't manage to stock shit. It's like Venezuela up in this bitch.
> Price fixing
> Collusion
> Profit whoring
> Supply-side manipulation

> user there's just so much demand
THEN INCREASE PRODUCTION NIGGER

Everything needs memory nowadays. Even cars. Blame apple and nvidia.

This is why I'm not upgrading, moving from my 24gb DDR3 to a newer system with DDR4 will cost way too much.
I hope in the next 2 or 3 years things tone down a bit.

>I hope in the next 2 or 3 years things tone down a bit.
They'll just keep increasing prices to make up for the sales they haven't gotten in the next 2 to 3 years.

Isn't even that expensive

Blame cellphones for using DDR 4 ram also.

> Someone's buying up all of our products that we make incredible money on ...
GEE what do we do?
> Increase production and make more money
or
> Act like niggers and dindus

Sorry, ever market has a limit and they've hit it with these stupid prices. I'm not building shit in this environment and am already seeking out alternatives for work. Personally, I'm changing habits/activities to far more rewarding things. You can only squeeze a lemon so hard. They can fuck right off with this bullshit as far as I'm concerned.

>that ridiculous race car RAM designed by a 12 year old
>there are adults who buy it unironically

Blame Electron

Fuckin this. We are basically entering a more proprietary era similar to the (((modularity))) involved in the current car market.

That's a heat spreader, grandpa.

There's no reason for it to look like straight out of a Transformers movie for children.

Who gives a fuck what it looks like? It could be pink and have flowers etched into it, and it still wouldn't be visible when I put it in my computer.

>pink and have flowers etched into it,
That would be less embarrassing, actually.

Who is looking at your PC, user? Mommy?

It couldn't possibly be that increasing demand from mining finally caught up and outpaced production of ram manufacturing. Or that many manufacturers had been downsizing for years in the private sector. Naw it was the damn nipjews.

price fixing on RAM started 3-4 years ago
I got 32gb of decent stuff (ripjaws) at that time for $100
today the modern equivalent quality 32gb is like $400

That's what they're attempting.
It doesn't mean their nigger asses will have success. If you want a preview of what happens go back to the 70s/80s when people attempted this and look at the bankrupted names who threw their empires away making broad market missteps like these uppity faggots are making today.

If this supply issue continues into the end of January, prices keep sky rocketing, and none of these niggers define how they plane to up production/introduce new products for the market they're clearly trying to kill off, there's going to be hell to pay in the summer..

> mfw the chinks a la new white box hardware begin blowing these fags to bits

They increased production by 20% and raised the prices anyway.

Grown-up RAM (ECC) is cheaper

You act like 20% mean anything in the face of mining demand. These retards want gaymen ram also. They wont settle for oem.

INCREASE PRODUCTION THEN NIGGER
> We couldn't possible have advance Supply chain software that'd alert some nigger in a corner office as to the state of the market and give advanced/accurate predictions as to what lies ahead so as to allow even a community college grad the ability to adjust
> Lisa Su couldn't have possibly stated on national television that mining fags are a super small portion of their GPU sales including leather jacket man :
> cnbc.com/video/2017/11/30/amd-ceo-lisa-su-blockchain-is-a-positive-foundational-technology.html

Get blown the fuck out faggot

I wish.
Would love to throw 128gb on a threadripper but not only the highest speeds I can find are 2300mhz they cost even more around here and ryzen fucking hates slow memory.

Mining uses GPU mem/processing not CPU mem/compute. Nice attempt to come up with some brainlet justification for price fixing. Have you ever looked at how a mining rig is structured? How about you stop posting stupid shit and google it.

>Sorry, ever market has a limit and they've hit it with these stupid prices.
Man, I hope so, I really do. But just one of those things managed to wipe out my entire crew in less than --- wait, wrong speech. But I know what you mean. But what if it isn't a free market? If they are all colluding, they can keep prices high for a looong time. I think you're right. Maybe it's time to change some personal habits and shove all their shit and baggage that comes with it into the trash bin.

Samsung DIMM 16GB, DDR4-2400, CL17-17-17, ECC (M391A2K43BB1-CRC)

has Samsung B-dies and can be overclocked to 3000 MHz typically

reuters.com/article/us-china-chips/china-regulator-flags-greater-scrutiny-on-chips-after-price-surge-idUSKBN1EL017

They're price fixing. It's 2002 again.

>lel xd just make moree!!121!
>cnbc.com
>mining rig

Jesus fucking H. Christ.

I came to Sup Forums to make this exact thread

Fuck these price fixing Jews

It's some obvious cartel formation going on right now

Everything cyclical user. No one stays on top forever. There's a saying in the valley that when a company goes out and builds a massive custom campus they're usually on deathwatch for the next 5-10 years. Guess who just did this? Nvidia/Apple.

It's Hubris that folds assholes like this under at their peak. They start getting greedy, they start fucking the people who made them what they are, they start chasing markets that aren't their core competency... It's all signature shit.

Meanwhile, computing architectures are morphing by the day and there are tons of new entrants thinking different, creating revolutionary eclipsing hardware architectures to fit the markets that these dumbasses are chasing as they abandon their core market.

You don't last long in a free market like tech doing this nigger tier shit.
I'm going to come out and say this right now : APUs are going to fail. Screen cap this shit.
APUs were meant to converge and open the stale ass en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_von_Neumann architecture to a new era of open compute. Infinity fabric was memed by AMD to be on the verge of being opened for a faster interface to the CPU. And then they all collectively huddled :
> Nvidia
> AMD
> Intel
and decided to fuck the component/open architecture w/ meme APU. Are you noticing that they're all launching this shit at once? 4 core/4 thread .. 4core/8thread .. wtf is this backsliding? 1030 and less level GPUs? Just as games need higher end GPUs and are talking about things like AI/bots using the compute engines in GPUs that are there to spare.

Then comes spectre/facemelt to obsolete a whole slew of compute. Them comes shillsoft w/ the (update to win10 goy)... and then comes the price onslaught for something as basic bitch as RAM for which any CEO would be fired for not predicting the clear trajectory towards increased demand. Nah, this is how greedy faggots who are past their time end up opening the door for new competition.

As far as personal activities go..
> Fuck GAYMEN
> Fuck social media
> fuck uploading stupid ass videos of gameplay to youtube
> Fuck ecelebs
> Fuck shitphones that destract you from living life to the fullest
> Fuck weak AI larping as something its not
> Fuck meme cars (as if I am so busy I can't drive my fucking self .. as if my brain should be even further dormant due to tech)

You got all of the tech jobs being centered further and further overseas. You got a bunch of useless faggots making billions off of manipulating the public, dividing us, and wasting our time while they get rich and basic shit like good health, food, water, and shelter continue to be pushed further out of reach. Wtf do I look like keeping my face buried in a phone, playing stupid ass video games, and using useless tech to browse the disinformation age while the essentials to life get ignored. Fuck that shit. Use a computer as a tool to make something of value and leave the rest for the birds. Fuck all of these faggots for putting real compute out of reach at a time when it just came within reach of the masses... They're trying to make you the dumbass think client users as they continue to hold all the power. Fuck them and everything they stand for. Pick up a fucking book, develop something to better the world and tell these pieces of shit to go eat a dick..

> Dear computing industry :
When you've learn how to create supply conditions better than Venezuala and not price things like Niggers, get at me !

> I have no intelligible responses to make so I'm going to rephrase the intelligible shit you said, pretend like there's some hidden stupidity in it, and meme. It's not 2017 anymore meme faggot, speak plainly and clearly. If you disagree, state why w/ supporting arguments.

Mining is GPU bound not CPU bound. Fags are running 10 GPUs w/ riser cards on LGA 1150 boards w/ 4GB DDR3 ram and here your stupid ass is claiming they're the ones causing insane RAM price increases.. kys you stupid fuck

It was good to read posts like this. Thanks.

>kys
Nice ebonics. Really sold your point.

Except then you did not have a globalized market like you do now where there are faggots that are willing to waste their money on shit and keep those fuckers afloat.

Really glad I decided to go with 16 instead of 8 when I first built my machine. Although, I probably should've bit the bullet and went with something from the 10 series of GPUs, the 960 4GB holds up but just barely.

Smart phones are the main culprit.
They use the same DDR4 dies and everyone and his dog "need" the latest "flag ship" phone with 9000 GB RAM.

I work in the mining industry ( we actually make equipment, display consoles, design pcbs, and heavy duty equipment, amongst other things, ) and mining is literally not the cause of this shortage, but the jews may claim so, while they rub their hands together

10 gpu boards, with several GiB each.
It all adds up. Which is production capacity that could have been spend on normal memory chips.

You can also solve this if you go on Reddit and cry about it. Make sure you have people to immediately upvote your thread because Reddit is a massive hivemind

Good luck

You're welcome. A beacon of light in a sea of darkness. Steer accordingly in the coming years.
> I got fundamentally blown the fuck out at every level and have no intelligible response to someone who used ebonics.
> I don't know what GPU bound vs CPU bound is
> I am a dumb fucking brainlet
These dumb fucks will be bankrupt and defaulting on the credit cards they used to buy all of this useless shit soon enough just like in 2008. The market is going to break off into pieces in every segment and out of the hands of a few monopolistic fags. Data center companies have been blowing these fags out for ages with customer processors, power supplies, and white box chink network hardware :
> wired.com/2015/06/google-reveals-secret-gear-connects-online-empire/

Who do you think pushed for and discovered these exploits?
> abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/intel-fixing-security-vulnerability-chips-52122993

You think Google has data centers filled w/ Nvidia's meme cards?
> wired.com/2017/04/building-ai-chip-saved-google-building-dozen-new-data-centers/

It's dog eat dog in tech.
Leather jacket man's latest stunt is to try to corner and lock in car companies on his proprietary insane margin wares... Likely because he's getting blown the fuck out in data centers.. no one runs these Tesla meme cards in data center environments beyond gimmicky ass cloud services they spin back out to plebs like AWS.

I feel like I should do a broad based AMA thread about what's really going on in tech. Fuck the memes and bullshit..

Also, global credit markets are worse than 2008.. including chink land. No one has any real money, they're blowing credit on these silly ass gadgets

> 10 GPUs running on riser cards on a mobo that runs off of one stick of DDR3
> It all adds up. Which is production capacity that could have been spend on normal memory chips.
Only in your shit mind especially when miners are less than 1% of the market volume

They're just a convenient cover for assraping the shit out of you via supply side manipulation, price fixing, and other nigger tier hijinx.

Woah stand back! He posted a dank frog maymay.

You scared of an educated niglet whiteboi?

>I feel like I should do a broad based AMA thread about what's really going on in tech. Fuck the memes and bullshit..

Dew it

>Is going to crash
Implying (((they))) won't do the same shit that they did back in 08

What's a good time to start one? I need some food and such. I've been posting all day. Feels liberating. I work in tech and know people and norms at just about every company. I can answer questions on just about everything :
> tech
> economics
> etc
Going to make a food run and then fire up a thread I guess and see where it goes. I'm on a IDGAF vibe at this point.

We can talk about bullshit diversity hiring, racial discrimination from indians/asians, off shoring, H1b visa abuse.. all the dirt and more

Fuck it

I would be very interested if you can give any information on the behind the scenes in the tech world if you can. Go ahead do an AMA and start by going into detail that explains the latest trends and future of the industry. I will keep this thread opened and auto updated.

Babbys first encounter with the chosen people and their schemes

Scored the same ram of op picture for 100$ 32GB at 2500 MHz oc. Use craigslist and eBay you fucking lazy prick. Negotiations are also other optional. That’s how I got my ram off Craigslist brand new in the box never opened

God damn you daft bastard he is telling you the INDIVIDUAL gpu needs fucking ram you daft twat. It doesn't matter if a miner system only has one stick of ddr3...if there are 10 gpu that each have 4-8gb of ram...you dense mother fucker.

K, I'm doing a pizza and soda run and will settle in by 8pm PST. The key after the intro is to ask things you've always wondered about.. the more specific the better. I only ask that you refrain from asking for specific names/companies if I go into detail for obvious reasons. But yeah, lets dig into anything anons want to get into. Today was a breaking point when I woke up and saw the state of the hardware market, pricing, and supply condition. Software sector and academia already hit a breaking point for me some time ago..

K, shower, pizza, soda.
Quick background :
> B.S Comp Sci
> M.S Comp Sci
Ivy league top 5
I've been in the industry for about decade
Bay area
I know the business side, I know the engineering side, and all the shit in between.. And yes, i've seen shit.

>buying used ram and storage
>any year
ISHYGDDT

apple and samsung buy all the chips ..

>Not having a clear side on your case and a pimping led setup

Poors need to go.

System memory :
> DDR3
> DDR4
Graphics memory :
> GDDR5, GDDR5x, HBM2

Question you dumb fuck do you think any of these separate modules have fuck all to do w/ each other? Pro-tip they don't.

> memcon.com/pdfs/proceedings2014/NET101.pdf
> nanya.com/Content/InvestorCalendar/180_Nanya_Presentation_Cathay Summit _20170315_ENG.pdf
^ Slide 4 faggot.. MONOPOLY
> techreport.com/news/27676/samsung-starts-making-8gb-gddr5-memory-chips
> anandtech.com/show/11724/samsung-sk-hynix-graphics-memory-prices-increase-over-30-percent

Get the fuck out my face

Are VRAM manufacturers the same groups that manufacture DDR4?

I honestly have no idea and probably won't trust you fags anyway.

Thanks. I had a feeling you were right.

Samsung actually mines silicon, they are a vertical manufacturer and control the supply chain from raw elements to finished product and shipping.

Apple no. Intel no.

No other manufacturer really does the vertical thing.

>It's like Venezuela up in this bitch
muh sides

I have several questions lets start with the state of the hardware market. Ram prices exploding, GPU prices are soaring and have limited stock. There is also the issue with the forced upgrading to Windows 10 spyware by a variety of methods like only giving updates to modern hardware, locking gaming api's to it and other methods. It seems the planned obsolescence and forced upgrades are becoming the norm. One of the things you can look at is the lack of competition and very small amount of players. What do you think about all this happening, and why has the industry turned this way?

I can speak on the samsung side, all product cycles are around 18 months no excuses. New models rolled in and support slowly dropped on "outdated"', this is the Samsung business model. No matter a good or bad product, it will be off the market around the 18 month mark. Tvs mobiles pcs, all product.

Also the apple vs samsung dramas? Internally samsung fucking despises apple for going legal FIRST. Samsung wants to dethrone apple, and are childish about it. Asian pride. Never forget.

Not only do they end the product even worse is they cut off the support. For enterprise and commercial applications they are totallly dependent on mutlitple layers of support like warrenties, vendor techs, and so on. When a product is no longer supported they are forced to buy new stuff.

The naive asian pride is a good observation. Remeber Krazy Ken and the Cell Broadband Engine for the PS3? That overpriced mess was some convultoedv 8 core cpu made by IBM that had no market, costs millions in r+d, and was forced into gaming where it didn't belong and raised dev costs by a massive amount. The reason he pushed for the creation of the processor was that he wanted a Japanese chip instead of having to rely on American hardware. He was quietly bumped upstairs into an empty office with a large paycheck in the passive aggressive Japanese way to deal with upper management fuck ups.

they key was to buy a ton of ram months ago and sell it now, goy

Do you believe hardware is compromised by design?

>got this RAM on sale
>now it's $70 increase after almost a year
How the fuck is this allowed?

Same companies not the same fab, process, or assembly line. Iphones, system ram, and Graphics DDR are not the same so there's no reason to believe the bullshit story about one device using distincty different ram than another affecting another product :
> nanya.com/Content/InvestorCalendar/180_Nanya_Presentation_Cathay Summit _20170315_ENG.pdf
Slide 4 is the reason for the real issue.. it's because as opposed to 16 suppliers there are now only 3 dickheads supplying the market. Furthermore, none of these shitheads will hundreds of billions of dollars who hoover up the lionshare of the RAM market seem to feel its worth their efforts to resolve this clear and present problem that they claim is keeping product off the shelves. It's nigger tier greed.

My kit is $93 CAD up from ~June when I put together my rig. Not even the Ryzen price drops would have made up the difference in cost between putting it together then and now.

Were live :
I'll be responding here :
Will reply here :

I got a kit 3 months ago that is now $50-$70 more expensive
its fucking insane how expensive it is now
I'm so happy I decided to build a PC when I did

It's almost like a certain group of individuals are behind this.

This is pretty sad. I bought my pair for $165 in the summer. I am glad I did even though as I knew that ram was going to keep going up, and that it was the only part you dont have full control over. Unlike say a cpu that you can always reliably overclock, memory is notorious for being finicky and unrealible in regards to timings and speed. I figured best to get the best now and never worry about it again. It was a good decision and the people saying it was a waste to spend so much on ram are eating crow now.

>be me
>build new rig
>settle for 8gb of good ram
>want more
>buy 32 gb more of compatible ram for under 250
>consider upgrading to more for reasons
>check prices
>the last kit is now priced at $500, probably even more by now
>mfw