2017+1

>2017+1
>still no good FOSS music player

why do proprietary chads always win, g?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/TheWiseNoob/OpenMusicPlayer
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I am almost done with a project.

What's wrong with current FOSS music players?

did you know that hanging isnt ajoke and breaks your neck / paralyzes you the second you drop?

yeah

Why not use Winamp?

mpd
Clementine
Amarok
Deadbeef

I will reveal an ancient FOSS secret to you, my student.

The best FOSS music player by far is: mpv.

Just select the folder and play.

Running a server and a client for a music player is insanity. The others are all crap.

AIMP

Superior slaviet engineering

mpd is pretty nice but lacks a good GUI client

The GUI from Arch and Void which is the latest version is quite nice. The Ubuntu version is kinda bad.

Ahem.

cmus is pretty good

That looks very user friendly, OP /s

Mpd+ncmpcpp
qmmp is pretty good too.

Nice

Don't do this to me user. Is it a foobar clone? That's literally the only thing I miss from Windows.

Amarok?

>he doesn't run a music server at home and streams from it wherever he goes with a number of comfy remote control interfaces to it

cmus you brainlet

Audacious.

>Yoko Ono

cums?

>not just connecting to it and streaming the files directly

op here, just found a suitable client for mpd. called cantata. akin to clementine but better.

Eleven

Given that no reply yet has been recommended twice, I'd say OP is pretty validated.

Yeah, it's a fork of Foobar for Linux. I am almost finished with the logo.

Some guy on r/archlinux was working on a true GNU/Linux equivalent on fb2k; although there are many fb2k-like players on GNU/Linux; none of them have the overarching PLUGINS UPON PLUGINS that fb2k has. Deadbeef and Quod Libet come close, but alas they're no fb2k.

foobar2000

Oh Sup Forums.

I've tried deadbeef several times, but it just feels incomplete for me. Currently use Clementine, but its library search is just terrible compared to foobar.

Linux bois will hate this.

I am sorry. I planted the bait a while ago waiting for that one guy to fall for it. I am a bad person.

because you let them. cuck

i like audacious. plays everything i have and just works.

its good and free but not really foss.

>.DS_Store

streaming from mpd does not work. its not enabled by default and the documentation sucks so its very unlikely that a normal user can enable it. last time i tried to read about it it involved weird pulseaudio sink hacks so i just use sshfs like i always have because thats easy to use and works perfectly for everything.

With all of the other good FOSS software that's missing who cares about a music player

also if you manage to connect something to the server then you have a nice remote controller because the audio comes from the mpd host machine and not from the device that runs the client

Mpd + Cantata

mpd is the arch linux of music players

Icecast is for the type of streaming you seem to be attempting. I use sshfs myself.

>just select a folder and play
>just
that would force me to sort my huge unsorted portion of my library into folders. Also, it's a hassle to search for music via a file manager. We have ID3 tags for a reason.
inb4 bloat
unused RAM is wasted RAM, listening to music must be a relaxing activity, I'm willing to use all the processing power my machine has for a comfortable, pretty and usable music player/manager.
Actually, lack of a decent music player/manager is the reason I won't use Linux as my daily driver. I might try running MusicBee on WINE, but I doubt the hassle will be worth it. There's also often trouble with good audio drivers, the music tends to sound like ass on any fresh Linux install

GNOME MUSIC

>or moc

>>Running a server and a client for a music player is insanity.
It's ironic that you say that, because I'm actually basically using mpv as a server whose frontend is Emacs.

moc or mpd+ncmpcpp are the only answers

>not using VLC for everything

>playing your music in a video player
its even named video lan client

>not playing music on a streaming server, image viewer and video player
its like you hate technology

nuclear music player

What? Clementine is THE best music player on desktop. Timber is great on android.

FOSS sucks, FLOSS is where it's at.

Nonfree pig disgusting.

Is this a joke ? are you not aware of mpd+ncmpcpp ?

Also Lollypop.

I am wearing only FLOSS. Rite NAO.

And nobody can stop me.

github.com/TheWiseNoob/OpenMusicPlayer