AT&T caved to political pressure to drop Huawei phones, Verizon being pressured to do the same

How do you feel about the FBI, NSA, and various prominent politicians threatening AT&T and Verizon into not carrying Huawei-made phones?

Previously, Sprint and others were blocked from using Huawei-made telecom gears, but now carriers are being pressured into not selling consumer devices.

Even if Huawei devices come with botnet, how much of a national threat is it to have the Chinese military remotely read private Facebook feeds of random civilians who were too cheap to buy Apple, Samsung, or even Motorola phone?

androidpolice.com/2018/01/09/source-verizon-also-pressure-cancel-upcoming-huawei-phone-launch/
nytimes.com/2018/01/09/business/att-huawei-mate-smartphone.html

Other urls found in this thread:

spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/computing/hardware/us-suspicions-of-chinas-huawei-based-partly-on-nsas-own-spy-tricks
thehackernews.com/2015/09/lenovo-laptop-virus.html
amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Computer-Routers/zgbs/electronics/300189
ebay.com/itm/HP-Chromebook-14-q039wm-Huawei-MU736-4G-GPS-WiFi-Tmobile-Card-Rearder/263060441972?epid=1836863711&hash=item3d3f9fcb74:g:200AAOSwjvJZUySX
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So is this a case of Chinkshit running Chinkware or are the FBI niggers just upset because they don't have backdoors in it?

NSA is probably mad Huawei uses its own chips, so they can't use Qualcomm backdoors on Huawei phones.

But they allow Intel chips to be sold still.

>Huawei uses its own chips
I thought they just used Qualcomm and Mediatek stuff like everyone else. I didn't know that they were designing their own silicon. But if that's the case, why aren't the CIA niggers as buttblasted about Samsung Exynos?

>he doesn't know about the secret HAP program

This. You can choose Chinese botnet or American botnet

R.I.P damn decent phone better than the iPhone and could load custom roms without spyware and botnet

Notice NSA/FBI had no problem with ZTE and TCL (using Alcatel brand), both Chinese vendors, selling their phones through carrier shops in the U.S.

ZTE and TCL both use Qualcomm SoC.

There definitely is NSA-planted hardware botnet in Qualcomm smartphone SoCs.

AT&T literally doesn't carry anything but iPhones and Samsungs now. and like one LG phone, and 3 dumbphones.

>why aren't the CIA niggers as buttblasted about Samsung Exynos?

U.S.-bound Samsung phones all use Qualcomm SoCs. Even if they didn't, U.S. can probably pressure S. Korean intelligence to coerce Samsung into putting in hardware botnet.

What are you saying user? You DONT want the FBI/NSA backdoors inside your phones to spy on everything that you do?

>U.S.-bound Samsung phones all use Qualcomm SoCs
I own several Samsung phones with Exynos chipsets in them that are from the US carriers like AT&T. Maybe the unlocked ones for North America come with Qualcomm.

S6 was an exception because Qualcomm fucked up Snapdragon 810.

Every major smartphone SoC has botnet. NSA is just mad the Chink military botnet phones might get significant market share in the U.S. when they feel only NSA botnet phones should be sold.

>S6 was an exception
There are other phones like the Note5 and a bunch of other budget phones using them too. Not an exception at all. You're just wrong about that.

Note 5 was released in the same year as S6 during the Snapdragon 810/808 release cycle.

Huh, i might need to change my xiaomi for a huawei

>Huawei
Enjoy no ROM.

^this.. gotta choose your home country's botnet..

Good. Fuck China.

If they are a security threat then why do we use their fucking modems and nics?
Their shit is in everything form isp issued modems to laptop modules

>doesn't want the Chinese to own the botnet market
>continues to allow the Chinese to purchase the entire western coast of North America
America's upper class are truly retarded Jews.

Fuck off Chinese shill. This company had been caught installing spyware, backdoors and other shit into their lines of phones.

spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/computing/hardware/us-suspicions-of-chinas-huawei-based-partly-on-nsas-own-spy-tricks

The NSA niggers do the same thing to the rest of the phones, what's your point?

In the past the issue would be national security, but since America is sold to the highest bidder by Jews, you're correct, the conflict seems to be a moot point. It's not like the US Intel community gives a single fuck about the nation itself.

Huawei is responsible for the fall of Nortel, once the largest telecom company in North America. They had them hacked six ways from Sunday. Why they are even allowed to operate in North America is beyond me. They are a blatant enemy to western business.

>They are a blatant enemy to western business.
western business is a blatant enemy to western business.

Thats how businesses work. They're not fucking friends.

Lol what a joke all Android and qualcom stuff has back doors in it as does their precious foxconn applel and Samsung crap.

T. Oppo botmate

Open borders for Israel.

Implying Foxconn isn't being paid by the PRC to install backdoors on iPhones.

Every smartphone is a wiretap for one or more governments.

>western business.
what did he mean by this?
Is he talking about the same people who hire the chinks to replace all of us peasant folks so that only a couple hundred people can reap all of the shekels across 4 continents?

Most phones in the US are produced in Taiwan.

>Thats how businesses work. They're not fucking friends.
>They're not fucking friends.
lost

This is your country on trumpism, the same jackasses who were supporting the repeal of net neutrality because muh free market, are the same people who want to limit the free market because of xenophobia and dick waving against China.

because koreans work with the CIA , CHINA doesn t

>proving my point

Nortel died because its C-suite was raided by MBAs who cooked the books to collect performance bonus while the company was actually bleeding money.

Nigga everything does not have to do with Trump

>buying phone from carrier
>letting yourself be cucked by bloatware
>not buying unlocked straight from oem

Does your girlfriend's husband know you're shitposting at this hour?

>being this retarded
nigger, no one in power is your friend. they just have slightly different masks to make you think one political party is any different from the other. divide and conquer your own populace, make them infight, then you don't ever have to worry about the plebs violently overthrowing you. politics is a farce, it's theater put on to please the crowds, and stop them from thinking too hard about the fact that it's simply just rich and powerful people with complete control.

Telecom networks, not necessarily the phones. A lot of the times the exploits and backdoors on phones are unintentional, but the vulnerabilities are not disclosed because agencies lose the upper hand once its patched. Large ISPs and service providers are enemies to consumers by catering to warrant canaries and other 'black box' type devices used to monitor and collect data insider their networks. NSA is doing what it's designed to do and large service providers are letting them have free access. It's a half-truth to say that US companies are not in collusion with NSA in their own volition.

It's a known fact that China conducts industrial espionage and assembly line tampering, especially with electronics. Huawei is just one example of many. Huawei is also a Chinese company, not US/western. Same with Lenovo, who was also accused of planting spyware and other backdoors (3 times!) into Lenovo products.

thehackernews.com/2015/09/lenovo-laptop-virus.html

The products produced in Taiwan have been compromised far less than companies in mainland China. You're going on a rant about companies outsourcing and not the fact that 'China' is the main assailant in back-dooring electronics built within their own borders.

So no, I didn't prove your point at all.

OH NO NO NO NO

>You're going on a rant about companies outsourcing
No, Im going on about how retarded it is for you to try and play the tribal game like we have a stake in this. "Western" businesses sold us all out decades ago.
The chinese espionage is not a concern, because as I said hauwaie shit is in thousands of homes across america already. If this was a concern, then their modems and wifi cards would have been banned years ago.
The only "concern" here is that aplel and samshit are going to have competition. More specifically, they will have competition that would force them to lower their prices from $1,000 per phone down to something more reasonable.

>So no, I didn't prove your point at all.
yes you did.

>No, Im going on about how retarded it is for you to try and play the tribal game like we have a stake in this. "Western" businesses sold us all out decades ago.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Nothing about this is tribal. China spies on everyone and that makes them all the less trustworthy. That was my premise.

>The chinese espionage is not a concern, because as I said hauwaie shit is in thousands of homes across america already. If this was a concern, then their modems and wifi cards would have been banned years ago.

First off, 'thousands' isn't a very good statistic at all and it does not support your argument. Especially if you're basing your argument on the demographic of people in the US. 'Thousands' could be a small town or county in a flyover state.

Second, I highly doubt millions of consumers in the US are using Huawei (pic related). Just look at Amazon's Best Selling wireless routers. None of these vendors use Huawei's components.

amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Computer-Routers/zgbs/electronics/300189

Third, the premise of my argument was that Huawei is always shilled on this board and it's obvious that it's trying to convince users to buy proven backdoored shit because it's cheap. You can have your shit compromised and sold off by the Chinese if you'd like, but people need to be aware that this company is not trustworthy at all.

>The only "concern" here is that aplel and samshit are going to have competition. More specifically, they will have competition that would force them to lower their prices from $1,000 per phone down to something more reasonable.

>muh competition
Pic related. Huawei has hardly any market here in the US.

In short, no, I did not prove your point and you're changing goal posts as you're going along. Where are your sources or are you going to keep spewing bullshit?

>Even if Huawei devices come with botnet, how much of a national threat is it to have the Chinese military remotely read private Facebook feeds of random civilians who were too cheap to buy Apple, Samsung, or even Motorola phone?
you forgot to mention an important point:
versus, how much of a PERSONAL threat is it to have the NSA, FBI, Facebook, Google, ... do THE SAME SHIT OR WORSE?

>Nothing about this is tribal
then why did you use the term "western business" if not to make readers biased towards "our guys"?
western buisnesses do not have anyone in mind but their ceos. They dont care about their employees, customers, or western communities or governments. They arnt "our guys", they are just shekel gouging assholes.

>First off, 'thousands' isn't a very good statistic at
I use to know a few people personally who all lived in different states that had hawaii modems. Chrome books (iirc) used a hawaii gsm card.

>First off, 'thousands' isn't a very good statistic at
lauged out loud over this level of mental gymnstics

>that Huawei is always shilled on this board a
everything is shilled on here. Sup Forums has been constantly raided for years and years now. democrats, comcast, and apple are constantly on here shitting it up. The gooks have a dedicated thread where they larp as "autistic customers obsessed with buying chink shit".
I dont buy into the chinkphones or computers at all and have regularly called anyone importing a cellphone or laptop a fucking idiot.
This doesnt change the fact that this company allready has stuff in use in America, and the only "people" that are suddenly up in arms over muh privacy concerns are the dick heads that have the cellphone market by the balls right now.

not even going to bother fixing typos and shit because I refues to believe youre even seriously defending and arguing this shit

heres a card from a chrome book
ebay.com/itm/HP-Chromebook-14-q039wm-Huawei-MU736-4G-GPS-WiFi-Tmobile-Card-Rearder/263060441972?epid=1836863711&hash=item3d3f9fcb74:g:200AAOSwjvJZUySX

their garbage is everywhere.

you fucked off pretty fast, you waiting on your boss in the irc to tell you how to reply to that shit or is standard procedure still to pray this thread 404s before too many people see?

Qualcomm shill detected

I cant wait for the day when we can drag these bugs out into the streets and shoot them.