pastebin.com/Bs5kyfLZ
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/NiCfGaW7
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/e3yMyn6F
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)
>Layout Editor
keyboard-layout-editor.com/

last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/25ml-B-7000-B7000-glue/32835065762.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

reddit fags eternally btfo by op!!!!!!!!!

im very sleepy lets sleep and let this thread die, no one will notice thiz

>people selling things price them so that they make a profit
Shocking revelation.

Why suck tiny keyboards is the trend here?

Really short keyboard, why not a fullsized one?

I wish I could understand that.

many people don't actually make use of the numpad or the nav keys heavily enough to want dedicated keys for them

sure fair point and you build one keyboard, but still its not cheap, 100$ vs 150$, 50 dollardos difference if you just spent a bit more of money

Most of the posters in here use full sized keyboards i just like my tiny one, can fit it in a little bag and go around with it and no one will ever notice my pink keyboard

Its cheaper than the board its mimiccing, the planck is upwards of $100 for the board and has essentially the same feature set. This could easily be less than $70 all in

No, they don't, almost all pics are those tiny keyboards.

Arrrgh! I can't decide. 1, 2, 3 or 4? Please help.

Where are you gonna buy them?

i think its because someone bought a tada and people are talking about it.

I like JTK caps so 3 is my vote but 4 is probably the cheapest.

but why?

I dont like stray colours around the board unless you're gonna go all out and have a rainbow one like mine

Why haven't you bought an hcman yet, /mkg/?

>No numbers
>No spacebar

Wtf is this shit

>it says shift so it must be shift

nigga what is that image trying to say?,

I've always wanted to try ortho, what are the pros and cons of that board?, google is not helping much

like, it seems retarded cheap to me, what is the catch?

IBM Model M Master Race

gmk keycaps are the best keycaps ive ever felt

There's this guy who is quoting me $80 + $35 shipping for an Apple M0116 keyboard with orange Alps.
Is it worth it? I literally cannot find any Alps keyboard where I live, and orange Alps seems to be very well-regarded. Fun layout too.

That's sort of the point of labeling keys

GMK keycaps are the third worst keycaps I've ever felt

Keycap rankings:
PBT cherry profile
DSA
G20
GMK
OEM
SA

honestly i had an old compact apple keyboard with a similar layout 2 years ago.
used an ADB to USB converter.

this layout is the most infuriating thing ever.

Why so close-minded, dude. Shit can be anything you want. Think about it.
My huge-ass-yet-rarely-used \ key types both ( and ) AND THEN puts the cursor inside them so I can just start typing right away.
That's a free life-hack.

I wish the MK community would accept that bigger is better already, we need more keyboards like this.

Im the user from the last thread who prompted that image. I bought one because

Pros: qmk allows you to use any macro combination and completely customise layout
Can use any switch and keycap combo you want.
Has a header with 2 spare io and power to do rgb underglow lighting.
Small enough to carry in my bag
Got it for myself as a present for getting an internship i wanted.

Cons:
Not expecting great customer support in the long term
No per key rgb
Not compatible with most existing 40% cases due to pro micro adding extra height.

Just got a Corsair k70 Lux RGB with Cherry mx browns. First mechanical keyboard I've ever bought but loving it. Been messing around with the rgb shit for a few days now made some cool looking stuff.

Agreed with PBT, but come on, DSA and G20 are terrible for fast touch-typing. At least GMK still uses the Cherry profile.

PBT double-shot
PBT dye-sub
GMK
OEM dye-sub
G20
DSA
SA
OEM laser-engraved

Because unlike some insecure people, we don't equate our keyboard size to that of our dick.
Use what is best for you. This whole hobby is subjective as fuck anyway.

>Cheap case
>Cheap plate
>No RGB
I mean, that point of that thing is meant to be mass-produced cheaply anyway.

Shit, what I meant:
The point of that thing is to be mass-produced cheaply anyway.

Who said anything about dick size? You should really calm down user, it's all about usability. 3 inch square keycaps ensure you'll never hit the wrong key by accident.

Well in that case, as the Sup Forumsirgins like to say: Git gud at typing.
I mean, seriously, typing the wrong key by accident?

this is why 70-80% is the master race. 70% is smol enough to travel with while still being a keyboard rather than a child's toy, and 80% is really the max anyone needs unless you have some sort of manual data entry job in 2018 for some reason.

2 is fucking fire nigga

I recently went all in and got an ErgoDox, I didn't have formal typing training (just like most of Sup Forums probably?) so I had some bad habits that made it a bit awkward to learn. Honestly if the keyboard didn't have other benefits and was cheaper I might have shelved it.

>sad keyboard

so if I order now does it get shipped in a few days or do I get cucked for months?
also did you try the orange switch?

just order 5 boards from easyeda and you can draw on them what ever animu girl you are into...

Its the long cucking game im afraid. Theyre using the money from a group buy to fund its development. I used the eu proxy to order so i didnt have the option to get the oranges. I'm using it with kailh box browns because theyre quiet enough for office use.

>easyeda
I'm a retard user, please show me how to fill up the order

does it come with diodes soldered?
they are a pain in the ass to solder

in that case don't, there's nothing in this world without effort or a tutorial that some day i will you for you but not now (animu girl included) sort your room

Probably not, but i used to solder for a job so ~50 diodes would take no time at all, maybe 10 minutes?

to me i am not a fan of textured keycaps and think gritty pbt feels gross, i also think thickness is extremely important and i haven't seen keycaps for cherry mx thicker than gmk

>tactical 22LR rifle

KYS my dood

(nice CZ tho)

5: Red alu case + ic related

Why are you taking pictures of your keyboard with guns randomly lying around?

How to travel with your board? As in how to pack it? Going on a trip soon and not sure if packing in a suitcase or laptop bag loosely is advisable or not

Nice CZ75, even if I don't like the grips.

>he didn't put his spacelet key on backwards

To show he is a man and not a weakling.

Do you feel scared?

>post product
>image board patrons see product
>image board patrons think about product more
>some buy product
>sales go up

Alps doesn't age well, so if it's anything but near mint condition, it's way too fucking much.

Can you recommend me a good tkl kit with decent metal case? I'm sick of the creaking plastic case of my realforce and want something better in quality.

well a number pad is still nice for the occasional number typing. and as long as you arent a beta numale cuck you wont care about how much space your shit takes up and you will know that having it take up less space is cucked.

TX84se if it ends up having any extras/non-preorder slots

How about put it in English because this is a fucking English-speaking website

the calculations don't make sense, where are you getting the numbers from

>.22 rifle and 9mm pistol
idk seems pretty weak and/or underage to me

Theres a model m number pad on ebay right now, shall I bid on it? Never knew they were a thing

>£60.00
>Reserve not met
fucking egay
it seems kinda rare and like sellers will ask for way too much money. probably not worth it if you're not some richfag collector

>overpriced

don't even get me started on /r/mechmarket. those delusional neckbeards think that the keyboard they jizz on every day increases in value over time.

Only thing that can get better is that windows symbol.

That they are profiting at least $15 on a $30 keyboard kit. The image shows someone ordering a teensy + pcbs much cheaper than they are selling. The catch is you can only order pcb in batches, thats why he is counting 5, or they become really expensive for just a single unit.

4, everything else is pretentious gayboy shit only good for getting upboats on reddit.
2 if you really, really must

>buying a second realforce 87u for my workplace.
>55g not available
>decide to buy a variable weight one, only the pinky finger keys differ, how bad can it be
>ssssssssssso bad

Sell it or mod it? Just resting my fingers in the home row I trigger keys all the time.

it comes with more than just a teensy and a pcb tho

Dyesub and doubleshot - Which is better, and why?

There's no explicit better.

Doubleshot is generally found with ABS caps, which have their own drawbacks, such as wear, but the legends will stay crisp forever.

Dyesup is typically on PBT, which lasts longer, but the color options simply aren't as good as ABS in my opinion. Dyesub quality also varies depending on who does it, sometimes it's close to doubleshot clarity, sometimes it's all fuzzy.

dyesub can only do a dark print. some vendors have started to do reverse dyesub where they print the entire key to turn it into a certain color but the results haven't been great so far.
doubleshot is good for light on dark color schemes but it's hard to do with pbt. leopold pd series keyboards come with nice looking doubleshot pbt keycaps but you can't buy those separately.
there's chinkshit oem profile "doubleshot" which you should avoid. dyesub is generally pretty good quality.

>creaking plastic case of my realforce
Well get a metal case for that then. You probably missed the Norbauer one, but there's 2 other metal cases for Realforce currently under dev over at Geekhack.

Thoughts on optical switches?

Well you can get the 55g BKE Redux domes and give that a swirl. If not, sell them all.

if this is for workplace, then #4 for sure. It seems serious enough people won't eye you weirdly
The red case will make sure nobody would think you're so poor that you have to resort to an old-ass keyboard.

The ones with gradient actuation feel like they might be a gamechanger in the long run, but it'll probably take years for me to consider buying them.

Although the absence of solder sounds like a godsend for people like me who are piss poor at it.

Is there any way to make my Topre switches (Novatouch) stiffer (closer to 60g) without paying a fuckton for Realtouch switches or BKE Redux domes? Those prices are insane.

get the rubber domes out and apply a light coating of rubber cement to them
consistency will be difficult though

aliexpress.com/item/25ml-B-7000-B7000-glue/32835065762.html

Hcman hcman hcman

screws and basic electronic components?
those are the 10$ extra, basically they are dirt cheap and irrelevant in a price calculation, you can buy them in the hundreds and the price wont go up much

it comes with a plate and a "case"

it's one of the cheapest keyboard kits available. don't you think massdrop is making a profit on that $200 kailh tkl?

>it comes with a plate and a "case"
so does OPs image

DIY kits are for lazy people that are unable to order their parts in 2 different sites.

ok why don't you start a business if it's so easy

input club k-type sold thousands of units easy

> Moving the goalposts
I never argued about their profit margins but for the fact that spending a bit more money will result in a lower price for you.

About making a business about who can lower the margins more is not profitable as you can see the image presents those keyboard at 16$ and that's the price for the average Joe.
If i had to produce those pcbs going even lower i had to do an investment for the tools first so lets start with that.

Its required a studio or a place to manufacture them, im in European so it will be much expensier than manufacturing them in china just for the renting prices.
New raw materials, in that case it would be copper sheets, to craft them in efficient batches and increase my value per hour i need a relatively efficient CNC machine just tasked with making holes on that plate, the pcb mask would be applied using reactive paint so i can produce like 20 pcbs in one stroke.
Electronical components are already to cheap for me to even try to produce them also the quality would be horrible so i just buy them. To apply those components i would make a template to apply the solder mask and then fit one by one manually those fucking pieces of shit, this part would end up being the most tedious and slow part of all this process then a oven would solder them down. because its a DIY the client would end up soldering those switches.

This has to be one man operation just for the different living standards we have between chinkland and the rest of the world and the result would be a cheap pcb that i wont even make much money out of it.

The other method is to open a shopify and only focus on reselling stuff ordered form professional pcb manufacturers, the price tag would increase but my effort/profit would be much higher. I already have the skills to create that site and the pcbs design and software are stolen from others site so why im not doing this? mmmm you really made me think

maybe i make a list of all the parts but im at 20000000

Where could I buy them? I'm not really into modding but I'd rather keep this than sell it on at a loss.

Im confused about this image, what part of it is photoshoped because im unable to distinguish it

issa big keyboard, check the size of that hand

a-a-re w-w-we invaded b-b-by gigants?

After seeing 96 key layout it really annoys me how tenkeyless is so much more available despite not being much smaller than a 96 key and still out of a numpad

If you want a less helpful answer but one that actually answers your question exactly, then doubleshot is better. If you look really, really closely, dyesub will usually have a tiny amount of fuzz or blur on the legends. Nothing noticeable in everyday use, you literally have to hold the cap up to your eye or examine it with a magnifying glass to see it. Doubleshot will generally be perfectly straight.

are taihao keycaps worth it? should i also buy some of those rubberised taihao keycaps since my keyboard suffers about 4 hrs of daily abuse while playing osu

forgot to add pic related

M8 it's a keyboard thread. Why else would I post pictures of my keyboard?