Is opening veracrypt possible

My brother has been missing for 8 days, He disappeared from his condo and left his cell phone and everything else. Including his wallet with his money, credit cards, drivers license, ect.

He also left all his computers.

The only thing he seemed to have taken is one of his coats and his car which he never drives.

He left one computer that was hooked up to the living room TV on and I've been searching for some type of clue as to where he went or what happened.

His computer has a program which I now know is an encryption program called "VeraCrypt" installed on it.

I'm desperate for clues to find my brother, Is it possible to "hack" this program or somehow find a way to open it without knowing the password?

My brother has never disappeared before and I'm very concerned about him.

Any suggestions?

Also there were no previous searches in his internet history, The only tab open was to his email which he signed out of and I also don't know the password to.

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-usa-cyber-fbi/fbi-chief-calls-unbreakable-encryption-urgent-public-safety-issue-idUSKBN1EY1S7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nice try FBI, you're not tricking me again

if gmail you are fucked

if yahoo

It's gmail

Also his phone has a password on it, I also don't know

its impossible.

get your quantum meme computer ready

Nice try FBI, we all know you just wan't to know how to unencrypt veracrypt.
Well fuck you, and fuck the man.

And in the unlikely case that this post is genuine, just ask the condo neighbors where he went.

This is genuine, And I did ask his neighbors.

His neighbors said he never speaks to anyone and they don't know him well. They all gave me varying times they last saw his car but I know for certain It's been at least 8 days since anyone in our family has been able to contact him.

>Is opening veracrypt possible
yes, you just have to find out what was his password. There's an ancient technique for breaking any kind of encryption that works 100% of the times.

You will try every possible password, start with:
> a
then:
> b
then:
> c
(repeat until every letter and number was used)

Then, go for 2 characters:
> aa
> ab
> ba
> ca
> ac
> ...

repeat until every possible combination was made, and you will eventually log in.

midlife crisis

If there's nothing in the browser history, it's pretty unlikely that the VeraCrypt partition has anything relevant on it either.

I can't tell if this is a serious answer or it will just lock me out of his computer or something?

I genuinely really need help

He's 27, Hardly midlife

maybe he went on vacation? if he's an adult he can do what he wants and he shouldn't have to report to mommy or daddy his every action

If you knew my brother you would know he would never do that.

He is a very paranoid and afraid person, He rarely does anything WITHOUT our father with him. He often needs to be intoxicated or with our father to even go grocery shopping.

Also the police have said the same thing you did essentially. "He's an adult, He has the right to be missing".

Sup Forums will never help you FBI!!!
reuters.com/article/us-usa-cyber-fbi/fbi-chief-calls-unbreakable-encryption-urgent-public-safety-issue-idUSKBN1EY1S7

>>I'm desperate for clues to find my brother, Is it possible to "hack" this program or somehow find a way to open it without knowing the password?
No.
He's an adult, if he left on his own accord I'm sure he is fine. stop snooping through his house, report him missing even he's gone for much longer.

It will probably lock you out, there's no way to get past it, user. Sorry.

I'm curious what else was on his computer, though.

Well, I hope you find him. Unfortunately, there is no way to practically get past veracrypt without knowing hte password. Best of luck, you and your brother will be in my prayers.

Good luck. You'll be in my prayers.

Seemingly nothing, At least nothing that isn't encrypted.

Not even 1 photo or document.

Thank you for the answer, I appreciate it. I also appreciate the prayers

Just call the police and report missing person

I don't know much about veracrypt.
If it lets you guess passwords indefinitely then you could brute-force your way into it. (time it takes depends on complexity since maximum number of combinations is n!(n-1)!(n-2)!(n-3)!etc)

Your only chance is to court order his passwords from other sites and try them on veracrypt. That'd take some time tho and you're most likely not going to find anything you want to see

They can already break into encrypted devices just fine. The REAL goal they desperately want is to get tech companies to comply with unlocking things for them, because that sets a succulent legal precedent for them to abuse. That's the real reason they try so hard to play up the "It's a matter of public safety! Terrorism! Child sex trafficking! Drug cartels! Real bad shit!" card. They want to try and turn public opinion against the tech world for trying to refuse their demands by saying it could prevent all kinds of heinous crimes and save lives. It is hard for the companies to convince normalfag idiots why not setting that precedent is worth it when weighed against stopping child abductors or terror plots.

How did you manage to get into his computer in the first place? It was just unlocked, and you were able to browse?

I'm calling bullshit. No one leaves their computer unlocked -> or at least they have it set to lock after a set period of time.

That depends... do you have until the sun goes out? Otherwise no. It is simply not possible to break AES256.

This brother of yours ... did he write his own fucking compiler?

bump

if he wants to go off the grid just fucking let him
if he didnt tell you anything about it chances are he doesnt want to be found or to hear from you

Give it back, Jamal.

kek

Nice try McBigGums... We won't fall for this elaborate hoax so you can unlock a stolen computer.

Hi user.

I'll pray for you and your brother as well. My own brother committed suicide at 28, but he started off with a fairly normal childhood, teen life and college career. I pray that's not what happened here, but it also helps to acknowledge this as a very real possibility. Deal with reality, as it is, not what we really really want to be.

His passwords are probably uncrackable, that's a given. If you can get a detective to get his cell phone tower history, that's one clue. I'd look at a google maps right now and ask, "If I wanted to end it all and not leave a trace, where would I go?" Because he really may have asked that question, and it would benefit you to follow his thought patterns.