Drivers are written in c/c++

>drivers are written in c/c++.
>kernels are written in c/c++.
>embedded systems are written in c/c++.
>compilers/decompilers are written in c/c++.
>API's are written in c/c++.
>performance/safety critical software are written in c/c++.
>games,adobe software,CAD and literally anything useful and professional software is written in c++.
>browsers are written in c/c++.
>emulators are written in c/c++.
>windows,linux,mac from top to bottom are written in c/c++

whats the point in any other language?

Other urls found in this thread:

open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2017/p0578r1.html
open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2017/p0707r0.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=D7Sd8A6_fYU
isocpp.org/wiki/faq/cpp14-language#extended-constexpr
stackoverflow.com/questions/41618576/what-is-allowed-in-a-constexpr-function
godbolt.org/g/wm17tP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>c/c++

kys

>>windows,linux,mac from top to bottom are written in c/c++
You mean C.

I like Java

ANSI C at that, there's not a line of C++ in any of Linux, NT or XNU

yeah and games,CAD and professional software are all c++.not a single line of c.my point still stands these are the only 2 languages you need.

The point is faster to write, more readable code with less time spent on rewriting libraries which have already been written for the hundredth time

You can write libraries in C
The real reason most popular modern languages exist is to make programming easier and as a result less specialized and cheaper to hire for.

You can, but still every company working with C or C++ feels the need to write their own version of everything but the STD libraries. Or sometimes rewrite even them.

Actually, many games have massive blobs of C in them.

Yes c and c++ are the best but they are also the slowest to write in. Thats why only resource heavy or speed critical software is written in c or c++.

If you have some time to spare, write in C, C++ and Python one or more of the following applications:

a) when invoked in a directory recursively checks for duplicate files by calculating and comparing MD5/SHA hashes,
b) sends an email, taking sender's address, receiver's address, subject and body as arguments,
c) takes a sum of sinusoids as an argument, draws a graph of the function and exports it to .png; example of the argument:
./sinsum "3*sin(2*x+3*pi) - 1.2*sin(0.5*x) + sin(pi) + 2"

Then compare how much time it took to write, how long and readable your code is, how many third party libraries you used, how portable your applications are, how many times you ended up on stackoverflow and how significant the performance difference is.

Languages like Javascript are also necessary so that you can get a job as a CODER in California making the internet shittier and tweeting about Trump and transphobia.

Those are really neat training exercises user, will implement #1 this evening, C or C++ that is the question.

As said, C/C++ can be slow to write in but with decent training and rigour in your code you can compete with languages like Java.

I'm pretty sure those are one-liners in Python, save for imports.

>c++
ew. eeewwww.
only two languages need to exist. the eternal dream team that is C and lua

>* written in c/c++
You can help that bleak situation by rewriting as much as you can in Rust. All of this software would greatly benefit from being secure.

Fuck off with your memetic cucklanguage.

>whats the point in any other language?
allowing brainlets to make web/phone apps

lumping in C and sepples as one thing

>C/C++

Why do people write this? They're not the same

pretty sure NT uses C++

c/c++ is a filled market niche, that's full of old experienced dudes with white beards who have been doing it for at least two decades now. Everyone who offers c/c++ jobs wants them, not you or anyone else. And it will continue to be so until they all die, and then you might get a chance, if c++ will still be relevant by that time.

Because we need memory safe langluage that is bloated all way over are it's square takes 30 assembly lines... GTFO shill.

Rust is for somebody who can't imagine how computer works.

>current year game engines
>massive blobs of C
[citation needed]

>windows
Windows 10 has a considerable codebase in C#
>embedded systems
Like blueray players? I have two that are "Powered By Java" and I don't think they mean coffee.
>API's are written in c/c++.
Depends on the API.
>games
A lot of games are written in C#. Heck, one of the most popular PC games to date was written in Java (I'm referring to Minecraft).
>browsers
C++, JavaScript, HTML, C, Rust are what Firefox was written in.
C, C++, Java, JavaScript, Python are what Chromium (and by extension) Chrome was written in.

To say that C/c++ are the only relevant languages is not at all true.

C++ is C with classes

windows is C++

C is the sole reason such a thing as an antivirus exists. If you think your C code is correct, it isn't, as has been proven time and time again by memory safety bugs in critical software. Hell, the site where all trash programmers gather owes its name to C.

kill thou're self

>drivers are written in javascript
>kernels are written in rust
>embedded systems are written with a soldering iron
>compilers/decompilers are written in lisp
>apis are written in english
>performance/safety critical software are written in haskell
>games, adobe software, CAD and literally anything useful and professional employ a variety of languages like objective-c, js, lisp, perl and many more
>browsers are written in rust
>emulators are written in javascript
>mac is written in objective-C and swift
what's the point of C?

>caring about security when CIA niggers already have backdoors in everything

Fuck off retard, do more research before spewing nonsense like this.

>>drivers are written in javascript
This is bait

this is your brain on soy

?

>written in C

If CIA knows your data anyway, why not post it here?

Did you fucking READ what you just posted?

you can try and get it bby

The kernel is C. The WINDOWS is C++.

No it doesn't. NT is written in ANSI C. Fuck off with your FUD.

>C++ is C with classes
this is so stupid that i cannot take anything that you said on your post seriously

is/has, whatever. will you throw a fit because it's not entirely on c++? damn.

>C++ is C with classes
if that was true you should be able to compile any C program in a C++ compiler without making any changes to it

>The WINDOWS
So, just as much as C# and other .NET languages and perl. What point are you trying to prove here, retard?

NT is purely ANSI C. Do more research.

>C++ is C with classes
it was the original idea behind it, yes. Much has changed since then

>C++ is C with classes
spotted the microsoft shill

Truth is that operating systems, video games and other software isn't as complicated as websites, where you need html/css/javascript/php/MySQL/python/ruby/java/go/C/C++/ASP.net/Django/Erlang/Perl/Hascall to even make a basic website, excluding the mandatory frameworks.

How the fuck do I learn C++

You don't NEED most of that crap. You can boil all of this down to JS, HTML and CSS, no frameworks.

>c/c++
stop that

>not a single line of c
off you go, newfag

PHP is honestly more useful than Javascript if you work for clients instead of your own project.

start with C
realize there is no point in the ++ part

You'll still need JS. And PHP is utter crap on its own.

>whats the point in any other language?
Not beeing affected by bugs like meltdown

bugs are in the mind.

Every language has a right to exist.

Except for Java, PHP and Rust.

you forgot lisp, haskell, and c++

>Truth is that operating systems, video games and other software isn't as complicated as websites

Looks like you forgot to take your Brain Enhance Plus!

>Nevertheless, a restricted subset of C++ (based on Embedded C++) has been adopted by Apple, Inc. as the exclusive programming language to create all I/O Kit device drivers for Apple's Mac OS X and iOS operating systems of the popular MacBook, iPhone, and iPad products.

Is there a single c++ coder in here that can't code in JavaScript?

OS kernel's are usually written in just C with the occasional inline assembly for specific architectural features.

>muh void casts
>muh compiler names
>muh fucking keywords
Face it, if C and C++ were human languages C would be considered as an accent of C++

try using C++11 or newer
any similarities to C are historical coincidences
fucking microcuck dinosaur

You're right that C/C++ has historically been most important. Unfortunately there are some huge problems with those languages, which is why a modern replacement has been created: Rust. Rust is capable of doing all the same things, but it does it better with a modern syntax and some big solutions to the problems of those ancient languages. Rust is the programming language of the future.

Other languages are written in c/c++

So you don't have to.

bash the fash yass

>all software is executed as machine code
wtf what is the point of other languages

Would you also get autism attacks if I wanted to list, say, python and perl and said python/perl instead of python or perl? The slash symbol is commonly used as an "or" unless you have nothing better to do in your mom's basement than throwing hissy fits about using two languages with similar origins and somewhat similar use cases in the same sentence.

>Windows is all C hurr durr
>no it isn't, see source
>waaah what point are you trying to prove retard shill get out of my safe space

have you seen the source code?

>Linux
>ANSI C
The Linux codebase is an abomination, dependent on masses of GNU-specific extensions. Even getting it to work on clang is more of a port than a patch.

>windows,linux,mac from top to bottom are written in c/c++
Windows is written in C# you cuckhead

>an operating system is written in an interpreted VM lang
lol?

Everyone bashing C++ has only ever had contact withit prior to C+11. Once C++ has compile time meta programming and modules it will be a perfect language. Then add meta classes and it becomes LISP running with near C performance.

>Once C++ has compile time meta programming
it has templates and constexpr

They're shit, like everything in C++, but there you have it.

No, not that junk. I mean compile time reflection and actually executing C++ code during compile time.

open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2017/p0578r1.html
open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2017/p0707r0.pdf

>actually executing C++ code during compile time.
That's what constexpr is, isn't it?

youtube.com/watch?v=D7Sd8A6_fYU
ITT: C brainlets

for C brainlets who can't understand the picture: C++ outperforms C. There is no reason to use C in this day and age

But that only allows for functional lisp style programming. A current proposal looks more like this:

constexpr
{
//arbitrary c++ code executed at compile time
}

Also there is currently no way to generate functions or classes during compile time, there is no way to iterate over class members which makes serialization a real pain.

>c waifu
>1970
>48 yo
>borderline gilf
>lots of experience in getting backdoored
excellent choice

Use a recent C++ standard. You can do pretty much anything except new. It's not as limited as it was in C++11.

Can I do while loops?

yes

isocpp.org/wiki/faq/cpp14-language#extended-constexpr
stackoverflow.com/questions/41618576/what-is-allowed-in-a-constexpr-function

See for yourself.
godbolt.org/g/wm17tP

not c++
stop trying to piggyback on c

> you can't write software with exploitable bugs in other languages

an intellectual at last

This might seem like a silly question but it's been worrying me for some time...

At what point do you know a language? I've had several classes on C++ but I still find it difficult to imagine doing anything in the real world with it.

>C++ is C with classes
Pajeet detected

You never finish learning C++, because it's too big.

Yeah because 99. 9 % of viruses are introduced by exploiting Javascript. You can't get a virus if you're not on the internet

First virus was distributed by floppy

I actually started learning C++ a month ago because of this anime and I'm already (very slowly) making a simple rpg game, hard and fucking SHIT, but extremely rewarding. it's probably worse than nene's game though

just do it in python + SDL (or pygame or something) as a first version. Much shorter effort-gratification loops, so it's much more likely you won't give up.
go for the high-perf-high-effort langs when you need them

This only changes C++ from C with classes to C with more features