Whats the selling point of buying an AMD laptop?

Whats the selling point of buying an AMD laptop?
Have they improved their battery life compared to Intel?

Other urls found in this thread:

prismblush.com/comic/sweet-sting-pg-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

b/c the kernel memory doesn't overflow, ofc

Biggest selling point now is security. The most obvious selling point for AMD is the budget market for having better price/performance.

>Have they improved their battery life compared to Intel?
Well, Intel has lost quite a bit of battery life because Intel CPU's now have a 30% performance loss due to security patches. This means they have to do a lot more work and spend a lot more energy in performing the same tasks compared to a while ago. In this respect the gap between AMD and Intel has shrunk.

Better igpu.

So when intel fixes their shit the answer would be back to "no, intel has better battery life"

>better battery life
>beter CPU
>better GPU
>dual channel memory

AMD is like just better on every count.
Its unclear why would anyone consider Intel at this point, outside of a few very specific scenarios while gaming Intel has nothing at all to offer

something like this won't be fixed, at least not for the foreseeable future. that 30% decrease will stay.

Ever heard of laptop bios updates?
Me neither.

Their "fix" will be a new CPU and that won't exactly be available tomorrow. By the time they "fixed" their shit I probably already switched to Ryzen. If my i5-2400 get really slow all of the sudden of course.

Furries GTFO.

new amd cpus have better battery than intel

I've owned 2 amd laptops and 2 intel laptops

A) amd laptops pretty much universally suck
B) intel laptops suck if you don't pay $700 for an i7, even then it's p.shit

tldr; laptops are a shit for anything but casually browsing 1 website at a time, buy a $100 tablet for anything you want to do away from the computer and spend $1500 on a good desktop set up (3 monitors, 1080ti, etc)

haha it's not 2008

furries are working in every computer technology field at a high level

it's [current year]

this. if you think an intel laptop is in any way better you're ill-informed.

I have a AMD laptop. I hate it with a passion.

you haven't owned a ryzen mobile laptop.

>every field is infested with weebs, furfags and ponyretards

just fucking end my life

anime website
furries gtfo
bronies

>hurr amd bad cuz this 5 year old amd laptop suck
the stupid itt...

That's probably because it's a laptop which are all terrible. Another CPU won't fix this.

sperg out all you want on your anime website, i don't care, but it's super fucking vexing seeing all these faggots flaunt their gay pony and anime shit in real life.

>1080Ti
You misspelled Vega™

>2008 was 10 years ago

I wanna fuck this bun.

I'll fuck your bun.

sauce

pls i beg of yuo

I want to FUCK that bunny.

prismblush.com/comic/sweet-sting-pg-1/

domo arigato

>Sup Forums "yeah dude AMD is better"

>actual AMD laptop owners "I hate my AMD laptop"

>Sup Forums "that's because all laptops suck dude, but AMD is better honestly"

I have an Intel laptop that works well, you all haven't convinced me in the slightest

Desktop Ryzen(only 4 cores though) + gtx860m tier iGPU in ultrabook form factor. What else do you want? And recently announced beefier versions, dunno how they perform IRL.

Only haswell era get the 30% you shill

>WIP comics
No thanks, I've been burnt way too many times.

>only 4 cores
>when most laptops come with 2

kys furverts

I just want a cheap Ryzen CPU with 8 GiB ram, 1080p display, good keyboard and touchpad.
Is that too much to ask ffs?

Fragile masculinity? Just join the gang and you'll never be left out. Off to enjoy the simple things(ponies) cya

> he doesn't know there is a place for furries on 4chin

/trash/ isn't a place "for" anything of this world. It is essentially a feeding ground for Apep. Death and destruction await.

/trash/ can stay in trash

>Whats the selling point of buying an AMD laptop?
>integrated video is literally full-sized RX 470
>with lower thermal footprint and better power envelope
>CPU itself is 15~65W
>dual-channel 16GB in a mobile PC
>Zen is absolutely impenetrable, invulnerable, simply flawless, on security side

>I just want a cheap Zen APU notebook with 16 GB RAM in dual-channel, 1080p display, good keyboard and touchpad, able to play everything made in 2012 and older at maxed out settings with 60 FPS
After CES.

I'll bet you run Windows on your Laptops

>bugdet
>their apu's are shitting on anything regarding mobile

is intel paying shills to shitpost about AMD on Sup Forums or something?

This is the 5th thread we've had about this in the last hour

I am neither on team blue, red green or whatever the fuck

I just find it weird people who actually own AMD laptops are never happy with it

AMD's new APUs should deliver similar performance to a 15W Intel CPU + a ~20W Nvidia GPU with a 15W APU. Basically, you get much better GPU performance for less money with roughly the same battery life.

That's because nearly everyone who currently owns an AMD laptop is using old shit. Ryzen APUs are currently only available in one model from HP.

>Genuinely thinking poor Battery life is all on AMD
Seriously? OEM's shafted AMD for laptops, hopefully now that AMD has something half decent they will actually bother with decent configurations.

also, lower power consumption

the purge