Ultrabooks

Worth £1100 bit scared about coil whine and bad customer support, also thinking about the carbon x1 needed for uni and programming

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-S14-S410UN/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you buy Intel now you are batshit insane.

Literally they won’t notice any difference

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to notice your system being raped by ransomware.

>customer support factoring into Sup Forums purchases

as in returns if its faulty straight out box

>ultrabooks

More like ultra thermal throttling

coil whine is only as bad as you need it to be. if you are autistic and OCD about every tiny flaw, it'll drive you crazy and you will have to return it. Some people just can't settle paying thousands of dollars and the product having a supposed flaw.

don't let it bother you, and it won't. it doesn't indicate any problem with the hardware - the computer won't fail any faster because of the coilwhine.

why would you buy an XPS now right after they announced new stuff at CES. Legit wait 1Q and get the new tech if you're going to be dumb enough to buy new tech in the first place.

Sale on older model still i7 8th gen

you don't need all that for 'uni and programming'

buy a fucking macbook

Just get a used T450s, it's the shit.

To be fair the announced the new XPS 13 a few days ago and the old one has a few advantages (more ports, longer battery) so there's a valid reason to buy one now

"uni and programming" can be done on a $25 piece of shit that you bought used on ebay.
Or a raspberry pi you bought for $5.

same situation and requirements as OP, but also plan to do some graphic design and maybe some casual gaming.
i had settled on Asus Vivobook s14
8th gen i5, mx150, 1tb

asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-S14-S410UN/

is it a good laptop? better than those of the same price by lenovo, dell and hp?

also, getting it for around £700

Anyone recommend a good ultra book or laptop for running multiple vms

b-bump

Just wait for Ryzen laptops. They'll be out in a month or two.

I'm getting the X1 because the keyboard is trash on the XPS13. It's better in most other aspects though. If you don't type a lot or code for a living, go for XPS