Fucking cunts, just throw another 1gbps NIC in there and it's the perfect small PFsense box

Fucking cunts, just throw another 1gbps NIC in there and it's the perfect small PFsense box.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TMFChipFool/status/945823770488557568
anandtech.com/show/12146/intel-launches-gemini-lake-pentium-silver-and-celeron-socs-new-cpu-media-features
anandtech.com/show/11229/ecs-liva-z-duallan-apollo-lake-ucff-pc-review/5
images.anandtech.com/doci/11229/dxva-checker.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>now 30% smaller to match your 30% slow down
get a third party nuc you fag

>get a third party nuc you fag
I hate chinks

Then just make a slim mini-itx raven ridge build then. With intel's 30% thing they're now essentially an exact copy of AMD now.

Intel Cuc

I would gladly take an AMD low power solution as long as it is capable of pushing 1gbps WAN/LAN and LAN/WAN, with preferably around 500mbps or more for VPN throughput.

>now 30% smaller to match your 30% slow down

new am4 itx mb probably have that

We'll see what low power AM4 CPUs come out in the near future then. Right now the lowest TDP for the AM4 socket is 65w. Not exactly low power.

So what's stopping you from locking the frequencies to base and undervolting a 2200G?

AYYMD has nothing to compete with Gemini Lake

Rypoo HOUSEFIRES with integrated Vega GPU is much more expensive and has inferior hardware decoders that only support up to 4K

Gemini Lake goes all the way to 8K HEVC Main10 & VP9 10bit hardware decoding

No reason they shouldn't release an ultra low power version binned for lower voltage and power draw.

The intel NUC is 6.5-10W TDP

I wouldn't mind 20-25w, but 65w is pretty shit, especially when you couple that with desktop DDR4, and similar higher voltage and power draw components compared to ultra-mobile parts that are often used in NUCs.

Gemini lake is shit too, it's just a slightly tweaked apollo lake.

It's even still the normal 14nm process, not 14+ or 14++.

No, it's not slightly tweaked Apollo Lake

twitter.com/TMFChipFool/status/945823770488557568

Don't post if you don't know shit

>running pfsense
>ever
>not just stealing an old branch tier device from work

I've already read up on it retard

anandtech.com/show/12146/intel-launches-gemini-lake-pentium-silver-and-celeron-socs-new-cpu-media-features

>stealing an old branch tier device from work
>everyone works at a giant company with tons of old network gear lying around

must be nice living in a fantasy.

Will we ever see a passively cooled NUC?

It literally is tweaked apollo lake.

Graphics get a bump in feature set
AES-NI gets a slight bump
UMIO and RDPID added
small clock speed increase

that's mostly it, it's manufactured on identical process. They didn't even use the more advanced 14nm processes they've been using on their other CPUs this year .

>I would gladly take an AMD low power solution as long as it is capable of pushing 1gbps WAN/LAN and LAN/WAN, with preferably around 500mbps or more for VPN throughput.
please faggot that is ARM tier computing

Sure, with a high end dual or quad core ARM CPU it's possible, but those are either chink made, or sold by companies that overcharge the FUCK out of it.

Example, Netgate SG-3100.

You're right, it's ARM based and would likely manage 400-500mbps or more VPN throughput, HOWEVER, it's $350 fucking dollars. It has great low power draw and is preloaded with PFsense, but the hardware cost is only around $170-225 at most. The rest is just their fee.

I can install and configure pfsense myself, I just don't want to buy shitty chink hardware, which is why i'm waiting on a low power x86 offering from either AMD or Intel that will fit my performance needs.

I bought one of these chink Braswell N3150 dual-NIC boxes and run Debian on it as a VPN server and seedbox, it has been really smooth so far.

But the chinks haven't been refreshing these to newer CPUs for a long time. I want to buy a new one, but with an N4000 on it.

They should be releasing Gemini Lake based version in the future

>The new June Canyon NUC features Celeron and Pentium processors based on Intel’s Gemini Lake design, which means you should see about a 10 percent performance boost over previous-gen models with “Apollo Lake” chips

Now just consider that as 20-30% slower given the Meltdown/Spectre bullshit and you're just about where you should be.

>can't stop laughing at every performance increase that's been lauded for the past 10 years now being absolutely obliterated by the recent bugs and patches
>oh you

I almost got one of those chink boxes with the i3-7100U, but for ~$340 before buying RAM and an SSD/HDD, i'd rather just wait another generation or two and get something for half that with identical or better performance.

>Gemini Lake goes all the way to 8K HEVC Main10 & VP9 10bit hardware decoding
>2018-2019
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you stupid or just plain retarded?

Intel's low power architecture reuses the 8K hardware decoders from Kaby Lake, you can run DXVA Checker on Gemini Lake and you'll be proven to be an ignorant faggot

anandtech.com/show/11229/ecs-liva-z-duallan-apollo-lake-ucff-pc-review/5

images.anandtech.com/doci/11229/dxva-checker.png

>Apollo Lake supports HEVC Main10 8K hardware decoding

Kill yourself now :^)

poozen on suicide watch

kiketel on suicide watch

t. poorfag

>premium shit
lel

They offer J3455 currently

t. poorfag

>J3455
>launched Q3 2016

oh good thing it's only Q1 2018...

Seriously, these fucks need to update their hardware BEFORE the next generation is already out, or about to release.

nucs are great but in the last gen micro sd and no display port, wtf were they thinking.

just put a regular sd slot on the side and a hdmi and displayport on the back ffs.

>The intel NUC is 6.5-10W TDP

Pretty sure my kaby is higher than that, i thought the new gens coming soon were 28watt quads.

How do I become a Nuc Cucc? I need something to build a NAS with the sweetest spot between speed and power efficiency. What do you recommend?

Get chinked instead.

>e3845
>Q4'13
>22nm

i'll pass considering next gen intels will be 14++ or 10nm

I can confirm these (GLK) ARE affected by Meltdown and Spectre.

All the ports.

desu dont get a nuc get an stx foprm factor motherboard they are smaller than mini itx, use a laptop style psu and fit in tiny cases. I put one in a nes case