/brg/ - Batoto Replacement General

Previous Thread: What we need from a site
>user accounts
>uploading zips
>reader a la (or just incorporate) (Cross-thread)
>series page
>limited tags
>search based on series name/author/tags
>comments on series page
>DMs between accounts
>users can follow series, RSS generated of follows automatically updated
>can serve 6+TB of content to tens/hundreds of thousands of users
>reader grouped by language on series page
>scanlation group account/page
>series ratings system

What someone should do
>get with the former admins to find out their goals/backup access
>find someone who has time to actually write shit for code
>probably acquire funding
>like a billion other things

There's been some discussion of using a P2P system rather than a centralized server, or even a combination of the two, similar to exhentai's Hentai@Home. I'll briefly list the pros/cons.

P2P:
+ cheap
+ can't be taken down easily
- complicated
- obscure files will die
- not many good implementations for our use case

Server:
+ simple and effective
- seriously fucking expensive
- can be DMCA'd easily

Misc. Prototypes/Ideas:
ghostbin.com/paste/rrnjg
github.com/NyaaPantsu/manga

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/e9bqfc
poal.me/r048bv
manga.madokami.al
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the cartel has a replacement already
fucking slowpokes

>alternatives are bad
I guess we should all use windows, right?

So what are the chances we have access to the image files? frankly I'm hoarding any rare series that I followed

Where ?

It's already over.
This is it.

stop lying

why does kissmanga compress if they're using blogspot to host the images? thought blogspot didn't compress

You guys finish the logo yet?

oh, don't underestimate autism. it's true that projects here on Sup Forums get abandoned quickly but if animus are at stake shit gets done.

Have we even agreed on a name yet?

Which one is the real poll again?
poal.me/e9bqfc
or
poal.me/r048bv

i think the point is to make all that stuff when there's a working product

Why is this needed when manga.madokami.al exists?

Because madokami isn't an online reader and the large majority of weebs now read online and can't be assed to dow load their knw manga.

Also the madokami server is shit and craps itself out every other week, so any alternatives are welcome

Okay seriously. How is this Sup Forums related?
Batoto is a site that host(ed) manga. The fact that it was a website doesn't suddenly make it Sup Forums related. It's about what's hosted on the site; manga.
Take it to Sup Forums, the nyaa replacement general was bad enough. Not even worthy of being called a general if you're only focusing on one site. Maybe if it was a manga site general, but again that belongs on Sup Forums.

>web develoment is Sup Forums related

fuck off, newfriend. mangos is the only thing that keeps animufags out of the bed in the morning.

anime website

Is there such thing as a cloud/p2p platform? Meaning that each person would add a portion of disk space to the "website" and all the files would be spread around every node in chunks and not in full files? They would be served through http?

yeah, windows 10.

Have you been living under a rock ?
IPFS, Zeronet, distributed systems in general

Here's how to solve the issues of both bandwidth and newfags seeping in: invite-based private site. Make registration available to everyone for the first day then close them and leave it invite-only, except for scanlators, who can sign up with proof of their work.

Using Pantsu as a precedent, it's the mods' very will for it to be on Sup Forums and not on Sup Forums, so if you want to complain, whine to the mods to change their policy.

True, a dead site doesn't consume resources.

Madokami takes a lot of its stuff from guess where.

>why does kissmanga compress if they're using blogspot to host the images? thought blogspot didn't compress
They don't though? I compared KM to Batoto not too long ago and on all the series I checked the images were 1:1 right down to the filesize.

>the images were 1:1
they aren't, i compared new uploads yesterday and they're compressed like 100KB

Must be a recent change because they used to not do that.

e-hentai does this

Did people unironically use Batoto? They banned so many series it became unusable for me.

It's the go-to site for scanlators to upload their works. Every manga sites also scrapped their content from it.

Zeronet
>pretty fast
>currrently peers can only store the full website content or nothing

IPFS
>right approach, every file is automatically deduplicated and isn't limited to a swarm like bittorrent
>currently has high DHT overhead even for a relatively small amount of files served

e-hentai H@H
>no P2P overhead, low latency image serving
>relies on central server to source/distribute content and accounts/admins to whitelist and keep clients in check

Batoto admin gave complete database backups to several of his friends
I think the idea is that if they don't start their own sucessor sites they'll put the shit up as torrents somewhere

I not too sure whether a successor site will pop up. Going from what he said in the announcement, running it seemed like a veritable hell.

neither of the polls matter
The actual decision falls on whoever actually writes code and pays for a server rather than bikeshedding on an internet forum

get some pump and dump coin millionaires to pay for a shitload of drives and host it all in some eastern european shithole

that would require the pump and dump coin millionares to extract their money from the crypto exchanges and turn it into actualdollars, which is impossible
Try to withdraw that amount and exchange would just say "oops! outage!" then a few weeks later "uh we were 'hacked', all your money is gone we're so sorry".
Or if they're a more legit exchange they simply put an extremely low cap on daily withdrawals or spend 3 months going back and forth on "ID verification" trying to hide behind the US anti-money-laundering laws

just use Mangafox for fuck sake

Mangafox won't even work after batoto goes down since they scrap from there. Their bot's already been fucked for weeks.

Also, shit tier images.

I will make the logo

I already made it

I've got you both covered.