Why are you wasting your money when the best laptop in the world doesnt even cost 200 bucks?

why are you wasting your money when the best laptop in the world doesnt even cost 200 bucks?
pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

discussions.apple.com/thread/5168708
justanswer.com/mac-computers/2o48k-stipidly-picked-macbook-screen-pincher-action.html
forums.macrumors.com/threads/picked-up-macbook-by-screen.1284572/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Laptop for a toddler? Fucking screenlets.

bigger screen = more distraction while hacking

X200 master race here, comfy AF with no track pad... Just the Thinkpad lovebutton

>Biggest laptop out there
>smallest screen out there
>all plastic
No ty

>have a perfect keyboard layout for generations
>ruin it

Try the x200 my man.

>plastic is bad
what did they ruin? I only know that they fucked up the x201 keyboard by putting esc over f1

>ThinkSlab
>no tape over cam
Wtf who Is this kid?

>press G key
>whole keyboard sinks
>flexible screen
yeah plastic always reeks high quality.

>tfw too afraid of bed bugs nowadays to buy another used ThinkPad

Because all Thinkpad are based on Intel which is now depreciated in every regard

I'll be buying a brand new Thinkpad A475 with Bristol Ridge APU in it. Literally perfection. T470 shell with AMD and NVME SSD internals.

I got a nice dell on cragslist that was barely used for 300 dollars. Has a full hd screen to not that 1300x766 dogshit

It's not a Ryzen APU though.

i have an x220 but the uefi is fucked on it so its just collecting dust now. need to get an real ssd for it instead of the tiny chip under the keyboard and enable legacy mode.

coreboot...

>X220
>not a X230 or X200
lmao faggot

>what did they ruin? I only know that they fucked up the x201 keyboard by putting esc over f1
you mean improve

>what did he mean by this

i dont have the hardware that it requires but might look at it when they get that libreboot thing done for it.

>still believing in the camera spying meme
If the NSA is spying on you, it's probably thanks to the mic. It's been proven there's no way to turn on the camera without turning the indicator on.

>tape over cam
>not removing the webcam and mic entirely
also
>asking people to find random children
go away pedo

falling for meme full HD propaganda. The only thing laptop manufacturers can improve is by giving some good quality 720p display

I have one and am posting from it right now

>what is portability

Anything above 640x480 is completely overkill.

>using memes wrong
his point was pretty clear

so tape the mic too

Audio production

Like It's gonna block the audio. Just take off the camera altogether,
I actually plan on doing this on my X220, I never use the cam (already got a much better one).

>like it's gonna block the audio
lol it will though, try it yourself. You can't hear shit.

EliteBook 2570p is a better laptop but Sup Forums keeps on falling for the ThinkPad meme.

I have zero flex on mine
I really dont know what did he mean by the whole keyboard sinking
also which device doesnt have a flexible screen? Even a phone's screen flexes if you apply enough pressure

But thinkpads don't flex and plastic is a lot more sane from a manufacturing standpoint than unibody aluminium

Nice middle trackpoint button you got there!

Welp if you say so, didn't try that myself

He's probably thinking of some cheap plastic consumer models. Those I hear can be pretty bad.

I fucked it up, meant to answer

the new keyboards are actually better, you're just averse to change. X230 is where its at, plus if you really want the old keyboard, the x220 keyboard actually fits into the x230

>too dumb to use MMB emulation by enabling a single registry entry
Nice second SATA bay you've got there!

>Biggest laptop out there
I dont know an acer predator 21x is definitely bigger
>smallest screen out there
I'm pretty sure almost every phone has been smaller than 12.5"
>all plastic
>magnesium is plastic
>he thinks all plastic is the same
maybe try looking up glass reinforced nylon
and I'm pretty sure magnesium is pretty tough
>No ty
okay youre welcome
thinkpads arent a one size fits all solution
I'm sorry but OP is a faggot

I was looking for a new computer and researched what the best one would be. I found that the best computer was the thinkpad x220. It's been great. It's amazing how far technology has come that I can get the best computer available for only $200.

they do flex just not as much
they are still plastic
glass reinforced nylon is strong but not that strong
whats important is they bend back, they dont dent unlike aluminum
also calling thinkpads just plastic is not doing enough justice to them
for example on the X230 and X220 the lid is a magnesium pcabs hyrbid which makes it both cold to the touch and strong while giving it some flex
and the lower chassis is full magnesium
plus there is a magnesium roll cage under the keyboard

you should try a 9 cell battery too

I've not had a ThinkPad since the T42 which flexed a lot, and a friend of mine has an X220 which flexes too.
They are not that impressive.

would you rather have some flexing or have it break altogether?

It flexes less than all the gaymen laptops Ive seen
including the ones with the aluminum back plates and shit
it flex less than all the poverty tier laptops Ive seen too
trying it now, yes there is enough flex to see pressure spots on the screen, thats a given
no way you could eliminate that without making it a quarter mile thick
but I have no chassis flex and the screen flex is less comparatively

>plastic is less durable than metal
Does Sup Forums even know what build quality is? An X1 carbon is just over $400 refurb. Save up and shill out.

I'd recommend it. It's essentially the same as putting your finger over your phone mic.

I've not broken my laptop so far, and it feels like you could kill someone with it and it will not make a dent.

Sure it flexes less than cheapo disposable laptops but I don't think it's any better than other busness-class laptops from HP or Dell.

What are you guys talking about. Thinkpads' magnesium actually absorbs shocks way better than any Fagbook's aluminium

no certainly not
I own a X31, a X230 and a TC4400
the TC4400 beats them both in durability
the thing fully magnesium and literally almost no flex unless you lurk fit
that said, dont forget that thinkpads are a pound lighter than most subcompact elitebooks

Fair enough, I'll get rid of the cam anyway

Hi guys what is the best way to change unlock a bios

>all plastic
It's literally a black-coated magnesium alloy chassis, fuckwit

Think outside of the thinkpad/macbook dichotomy

Yes the HP analogue to the X220 is a bit thicker and heavier but it's worth it

personal preference
to me a few more difference make the X230(X220) a better choice for me
but I think the elitebook 2570p and 2560p are toptier machines too and I do recommend them frequently on /tpg/ when I can

The way I see it it's one of the smallest portable workstations you can make.
Considering you can jam in an actual quad core, run two SSDs in RAID 0 and put in 1866MHz RAM.
However X220/230 have an IPS panel option and the trackpoint is better, so they're not without their benefits.

the community feels vaster to me for thinkpad in general plus its easier to find thinkpads where I am mostly
for example I just traded in my quad core T430 for a X230 plus a spare 9 cell the other week
but I'm not gonna lie the 12,5" workstation and better built 11,6" models are pretty attractive

I can get pretty much everything at a good price here because there are companies selling refurbished business class laptops, desktops, servers etc.
So the brand was never a consideration I've went through Latitudes, Thinkpads and now EliteBook.
I just don't want to see Sup Forums becoming blind followers of a brand the same as Apple fanboys when there are other options.

I took the first and most known example of a laptop in aluminium.

The first that came to my mind

I can't write for shit

kek, it flex so much that lenevo had to make a model call "thinkpad flex" in order to mask the bad google results from "thinkpad flex"

I already own an x220 and want t520.

G O O D B A I T

>I just don't want to see Sup Forums becoming blind followers of a brand
same. I hate it when thinkfags constantly yell "git thonkped" for no reason even if it doesnt suit the situation

>turns out the screen is only a small fraction the weight
>apparently the screen cant hold up 90% of the weight
discussions.apple.com/thread/5168708
justanswer.com/mac-computers/2o48k-stipidly-picked-macbook-screen-pincher-action.html
forums.macrumors.com/threads/picked-up-macbook-by-screen.1284572/

thats for informing the screen isnt a load bearing part though I wouldn't've ever guessed on my own

because I'm using pic related and it cost $200 as well

hot-swappable batteries, touchscreen with a stylus, m2 ssd bay with two drive support etc

if you're into windows there's win10 support on it, too

oh and some water/dust resistance with ruggedness

Is there a practical reason for opting to get a t520 over a w520? Even if it's only price, what is the discrepancy like?

Because it's a poorly built piece of garbage with an absolutely dog shit screen.
Yes, poorly built. Thinkpads stopped good after the 200 series.
They're all fucking useless now because of meltdown. The 201 series machines were already slow, overheating shitboxes and now they're even slower. Same goes for the T420 and x220

best laptop is the 51nb x210

> making computers from aluminum when they should clearly be manufactured from titanium

how much ram and what processor, and does it even have a gpu... not all thinkpads are created equal and when someone says thinkpad they may be talking about one 15 years old

>where it's at
i own an x230, and it's my soulmate. but can we have an objective discussion about why x230 is superior to x220? Sup Forums needs to hear the truth.

didn't do my researched, got the x230 instead ._.

Is the Thinkpad Yoga good?
> I really like the 2-in-1 feature

>magnesium is aluminum
nice reading comprehension

as for your second question
>how much ram and what processor, and does it even have a gpu
up to 16
i5 2520m on the base model
no it doesnt have a dedicated gpu but it does have an integrated gpu (also egpu if youre mucho autismo)
>not all thinkpads are created equal
agree
>when someone says thinkpad they may be talking about one 15 years old
dont worry this one is about 6-7 years old

>intel i5
No thanks. IBM or GTFO.

the X230 is the superior machine
you did good, only stupid frogposters think the X220 is better
> I really like...
well it is good apparently since you like it thats what should make something good

IBM ThinkPads use older CPUs not affected by Meltdown.

I mean the last true ibm thinkpads are almost 14-15 years old

>X230
Why are you a colossal faggot?

I should ask you that

>heavy
>battery life is shit
>display is shit
I tried to make it work but sold it to some grad student.

>heavy
Are you a girl or nu male?

that is not the W520

>lenovo

The Clevo D900C or D900F was the best chassis ever made.

You'd get the same fucking result if you applied the same force to whatever ChinkPad you can find.

>buy modern Intel system
>deepthroat big bro via minix for the sake of performance

Because this shit is filled with cum.

Who the fuck carries a laptop horizontally from one corner of the screen?

Let me interject for a moment. What you are referring to as the lovebutton is, in reality, called the ThinkPad Clitpoint. The ThinkPad ClitPoint (or simply the Clit) is a pointing device strategically place within the keyboard row to improve pointing+click and typing efficiency while also stimulating the device to orgasm. Please educate yourself in proper mobile computer anatomical terminology before posting. Thank you.

Pulled the trigger on a genuine 9 cell just today, pretty hype.

Too bad its fucking impossible to grab those battery slices too

I went for the T420 so i could have 3 drives without needing a dock.
Its useful when i need to clone drives for my other computers.

because I don’t use laptops anymore

just don't install the patch then retard

Unless they're from before the Penium II era, they're vulnerable to spectre and meltdown. You won't be getting BIOS updates either.