/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Prices are going up editon

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>Avoid Intel until security and performance issues are fixed: theregister.co.uk/2018/01/02/intel_cpu_design_flaw/
>A8 9600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>R7 / Threadripper - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Consider Vega 56 for a Freesync monitor
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/s33Rpb
pcpartpicker.com/list/nZX2KZ
pcpartpicker.com/
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1
youtube.com/watch?v=3doh7UuX80E
morele.net/
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/tVBmd6
pubgconfig.com/shroud/
linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Avoid Intel
>implying this will affect normal users

What's a good mouse with Linux support(or one that doesn't need drivers) for around 40€?

>nervous laughter

>A8 9600
>with a dedicated graphics card

Any USB mouse

Christ guys, I just copied the previous op.

If you want to get the op pasta edited then ask OP user for permission.

We've been sperging about the "A8 9600 with a dedicated graphics card" shit for a few threads already, but every OP is clinically retarded as usual.

I am not going to ask anyone's permission to do anything, faggot.
Recommending an apu together with a dedicated gpu is beyond retarded and a waste of money.

There was a 2 hour gap since the last general, you could have made a new thread with a new pasta in that time.

Never mind. Post a new edit now instead and we'll use that for the next thread?

>just wait

I'm looking for a CPU now. I've got:
pcpartpicker.com/list/s33Rpb
or
pcpartpicker.com/list/nZX2KZ
and I still need to pick a cooler for either one. I'd really appreciate any cooler recommendations or any adjustments to the rest of my build.

Using this for VR gaymen and video editing.

Listen faggot OP, put the coffeelake cpus back on the list or stop making new threads. You amd shills have gone too far

You must be over 18 to post here.

Everyone who builds with Intel chips is retarded then.

?

False flag harder shill

>Using this for VR gaymen and video editing.
Go with Ryzen, Intel garbage is bugged to hell and they'll drop the socket really soon.

Get a good Noctua, watercooling is a meme.

A8 9600 is for extremely poor gaymen builds (it beats any pentium in gaymen)
Go up to r3 1200 + dGPU if you REALLY want a dedicated GPU.

Yo guys the retarded me thought 8 GB RAM was enough and got it for my recent build. Little did know win10 and the new softwares I use are bloated and Im using more than 80% RAM all the time. I asked the reseller guy and he said it's perfectly ok to buy another identical 2x4GB kit to add to the other 2 RAM slots. I read on the internet that its a bad idea since they may not play nice with each other and filling all the slots can stress the memory controller. Should I listen to that jew reseller or should I throw away my brand new 8GB Ram and buy a 2x8 kit instead?

Ryzen for games

As opposed to bugged mess on a dead socket? Intel shills are the most cancerous life-forms in the universe.

Nice meme, enjoy your low fps

Nobody understands that shitty gypsie shill graph you keep posting. POO.

Am I ever going to be able to buy a new computer, or am I going to be waiting forever for something that isn't garbage/derivative to come out? I probably shouldn't even worry about it, but spectre/meltdown has effectively pushed off any CPU purchases for 2 fucking generations.

It was made to be hard to read for a reason

Not my fault you don't know how to read, go back to school.

As long as you avoid basically any Intel cpu you're safe

Its literally not in english, has a graphic over it, and used a grid matrix of text

>filling all the slots can stress the memory controller
I call bullshit

Hey Sup Forums, this is my build: HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" SATA ΙΙΙ

SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Box

VGA: Gigabyte GeForce GTX1060 6GB (GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD)

Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B350-F Gaming

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass ή Corsair Carbide 270R Windowed

RAM: G.Skill RipjawsV 16GB DDR4-3200MHz (F4-3200C16D-16GVKB)

Τροφοδοτιkο: Corsair RMx Series 550X

Ψυkτρα: Noctua NH-L9i.
Where I am from this costs like 1250 USD.
I am thinking on getting an Asus Radeon rx580 8gb dual fan oc rather than the 1060. Is it a good choice?

B4 Corsair says power supply and b4 noctua is the fan. My bad

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>G4560/G4600 - non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming (especially the i5 8400) or multithreaded use CPUs (especially the R5 1600)
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Consider Vega 56 for a Freesync monitor
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous:

over my dead body

So I'm eyeballing Ryzen 1600 but I have no clue what motherboard to pick with it. I'm probably gonna fanboy it up for the commies seeing how Intel is fucking up lately.

2 questions, should I buy now or at least wait to see Zen+ specs and prices and maybe even go for that or just buy now but what motherboard? I've looked through my trusty polish chinese parts selling site and came up with:
MSI B350 PC MATE (7A36-003R) 85€
MSI B350 TOMAHAWK 90€
MSI X370 Gaming Plus (7A33-011R) 120€
MSI X370 GAMING PRO (7A33-007R) 125€

I'm not gonna use any meme SLI shit, mostly looking for something that actually fucking works (thanks RAM). Probably don't need X370 but as I said I'm gonna go commie route for some time so it might be a decent choice for the future. Also the 1050ti is a fucking huge monster so I also need nothing to be in the way of the PCI-E slot. Let's just say the current board kind of makes my DVD drive unusable.

What say ye? I've been living with this piece of junk (-1050ti and ssds) for like 8 years now, I want to upgrade as soon as possible but I still have some patience left in me.

if you aren't planning on using two gpus buy the b350

Wait three months bro, seriously. Don't buy ryzen now unless you're on a super fucked budget. Wait until April/March for announcements and new 6 Core + memory compatibility fixes + higher clocks etc

I got just enough budget right now for Ryzen 1600+mobo+ram which is what I'm missing to finally have a battlestation, part-time job will definitely let me buy anything Zen+ tosses out pricewise

Guys, how the fuck this guy is playing this game so well on ultra with a GTX 680? I nave a 1050 ti and i can't dream to have this much FPS playing on meduim with 1600x900 monitor.

youtube.com/watch?v=3doh7UuX80E

Do modern games benefit from hyperthreading?

He plays with 60 fov

Kill yourself, then

That's why console get enough fps even with shitty hardware?
Thanks for the information, man.

>polish chinese

>year 2030
>it's quiet on polish - chinese board
but jokes aside what site are you referring to ?

Tomahawk

Yes

There won't be enough reason to swap from a 1600 to anything Zen+ has to offer

>I am thinking on getting an Asus Radeon rx580 8gb dual fan oc rather than the 1060
Depends on price. If they're the same price get the 580. If the 580 is more expensive get the 1060

morele.net/
They got good discounts

How high is the risk of buying a 1070 or a 1080(ti) second-hand? Normally I'd buy brand new but these jacked up prices are insane.

The 580 is like 15 usd higher than the 1060

>morele
>behind each fucking together

>buying abused mining cards

Anything you'd recommend changing? It's my fisrt build.

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/tVBmd6

Probably the 580 then, especially if it's the 8GB

Faster RAM
Cheaper graphics card unless you're at 1440p

>128GB SSD
Don't do this

Can't you find an AB350 Pro4?

First build. My total build has a 450W estimate on PCPartPicker. What wattage PSU should I go for?

Yeah it's on there, it was one of the top choices desu but I narrowed it down to 2 350's

At least 650, preferably more because PSUs run more efficiently around half their maximum wattage.

600 or 550 gold

We want to buy our friend at work a mid range pc for his birthday.
Nothing fancy just something that can play league of legends in hd easily and a few other not very intensive games.
We found this used one for 400$
I5 4460
Msi z97 pro
Gtx 970
8gb Hyperx fury

Is it a good deal

Get a new friend

>buying windows

I was willing to go up to a 750W I was looking at, so it sounds like that works.

No it isn't poorfag

t. 1950x at 4ghz idling at 23*C on an Enermax TR360, struggles to get above 45*C at max load

am i retarded? this shit will not come out, its ridiculously tight. do i just not have the right screwdriver? what do i need?

Fucking dexfag invest in some str

How the fuck is a bottlenecked benchmark in any way useful?

Realistically when that 1080Ti is saturated, your numbers are all identical

so just apply more pressure? i dont want to break anything ive been very careful with everything. it wont bend the motherboard or anything?

>medium settings

Nigga the motherboard can take some bending

Pros play on low, you're arguement is invalid
pubgconfig.com/shroud/

your*

>Getting baited this hard

>threadripper
>calls other poor
Holy shit lmao

I was correcting my own post

I had the same issue. Ended up ditching the philips screwdriver and used a flatblade for that and it came out with relative ease

So like are there any 1440p 144Hz better-than-TN monitors, with no glaring issues like horrible backlight bleed, and at a reasonable price yet? If not, how much longer will I have to wait

What do I connect my anti static wrist band to

wrist probably but you really don't need one

Your dick

Serious answer, something grounded. I scraped off a bit of paint on the inside of my case to get to the raw metal, plugged in my PSU and flipped the switched to off to basically make sure ground was connected but no power was going anywhere. That being said I have no idea if I actually achieved anything or if it's placebo, I've since done most of my upgrades without bothering with the strap

No, no one knows

>new corsair wireless keyboard
>15hrs with 66% backlight turned on
>75hrs with no back light on
what the fucks the point

>what the fucks the point
I mean you could ask that about corsair keyboards in general

yes

Has the new line of GPUs been announced yet? I don't know where to go for this news other than here and my finger is hovering on confirming this 1070ti purchase.

Ive got ~1500CAD for a gaming build. Have been lurking these threads for a few weeks now to get some sort of background on components.

I need everything including peripherals which I understand are more personal preference so whatever.

Anyone help me out?

Will 1070 or 1070TI be in stock anytime soon?

sup Sup Forums

The Dell S2417DG is perfect even though its TN. I have it and an 1080p ISP HP monitor side by side and theres no difference in colors and the hotizontal viewing angles are nearly identical.

Intel is fine , you can stop telling people to avoid it
t. Joo

/hpg/, /mkg/, and rocket jump ninja for peripherals
don't expect to be spoonfed, make your own list

How often does Amazon restock? They're out of stock on 1070ti

linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
600W if Tier 1 or 2
750W if Tier 3
900W if anything lower

no, see

Why haven't you built your backpack computer yet?