What an absolute clusterfuck of a format

What an absolute clusterfuck of a format.

How is it a cluster fuck?

I can plug a USB 1.0 device into a USB 3.1 Type-C port and it handles it just fine, just need the right cable type, or a simple adapter.

Literally the second best port ever made. After 3,5mm jack.

Why do you hate it so?

Do you not like how it's made most external devices USB?

Don't worry user, you will get used to having the plug upside down 100% of the time. It defies logic but it will always be upside down the first time you try to plug it in. If you try to flip it upside down in anticipation of this law, fuck you, it will still be upside down.

USB type-C

werks on my machine

You can't expect nu-Sup Forums to understand why or how USB is a fucking shit.
None of them have written anything over fizzbuzz level of a software, let alone implementing a usb device/host

This.

Don't think about it and it just werks.
You only need to think when you need maximum speed.

The seam goes down or left.

But if you think about it you wont get maximum speed.

Not OP but USB's greatest stregth is also the source of annoyance: you can't know just from looking at a cable which version it is. Some will have a label but in general you can end up grabbing a 1.0 cable to connect a 3.0 device to a 3.0 port. HDMI has the same issue. It's not terrible problem but still annoying.

If you don't need maximum speed, it literally doesn't matter.

If your peripheral is older than your host, then it wont matter since the host will have a newer USB version and thus be at the appropriate speed for the peripheral.

If you're doing something that DOES require speed, USB type-C with USB 3.1 is becoming far more common in the last year, and should essentially be standard from 2018 onwards for high end devices at least.

Even Terry thinks USB is clusterfuck. We need high speed super simple serial.

That's what the blue color for USB 3.0 was supposed to be for.

Though you've got motherboard manufacturers who decide to use whatever color they want so there are yellow, red, etc USB 3.0 ports out there too.

Further complicating matters, USB 3.1 which is twice as fast as USB 3.0 also uses the blue color, unless the motherboard manufacturer decides to differentiate them via color (i've seen blue for 3.0 and red for 3.1 with boards that have both)

USB type-C makes it all a none issue. It supports USB 2.0/3.0 or 3.1 speeds depending on the host controller. All while being a reversible small connector.

>can't know just from looking at a cable which version it is.

3.0 is blue

>there are yellow, red, etc USB 3.0 ports out there too.

Never seen red.

The only yellow I've seen is 2.0 but with always-on power.

Looked yellow to me, but it's been awhile.

Here are some mint green ones to confuse you

>Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast, I would catch it.

I will never, NEVER understand this shit

red too

>USB 1.0
Always on super old shit from 10-20 years ago
>USB 2.0
On most cheap shit around
>USB 3.0
The fucking connector is blue

Wow, such annoyances

Technically speaking USB 3.0 doesn't exist anymore, it was absorbed by USB 3.1

So now we have USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB 3.1 Gen 2

Gen 1 is 5gbps
Gen 2 is 10gbps

Great, it's been upgraded.

Why are you even complaining? USB was built for backward-compatibility of previous versions.

what does mint green mean?

It makes it go faster

which contradicts

Whenever I'm trippin on some gas I have serious issues with USB plugs.

>Universal Serial Bus
>I can use it with an adapter

and with a $2 adapter a product made in 1999 will work in 2017 without any issue.

It's fucking amazing, kill yourself.

>universal
>adapters

is a meme and will probably take another 3-6 years

/thread

usb is a pile of dog shit, and normies will never even know because they're already used to living on top of the pathetic house of cards that the modern tech industry gave them.

Its ok.
Wangblows auto search download install usb device driver fuckery is a bit of a fuck but besides from that its a durable plug and connection just werks.
Allowed power over usb was also a bit of a fuckfuck but we're getting there with 3.1. Everything > 500mA was basically out of spec on 2.x.

A cable company patented flipable type A's and micro's that work really great. (pic ralumplub)
I also like type C, seems to be a good plug. Especially how modern laptops blast 2x full hd monitor signals, 2x usb 3.0 ports, the ethernet connection AND the charging current all over one single type C. I wouldn't believe it if I wouldn't have some random expensive Dell latitude from my work.

>made in 90s
>still works in 2010s
>will still work in 2020's

That's the easy part, knowing which way the female end is is the hard part. Go figure.