Hey, ambassador from reddit here. Are you paying attention, Sup Forums?

Hey, ambassador from reddit here. Are you paying attention, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eXWhbUUE4ko
zdnet.com/article/governments-new-broadband-rules-dont-add-up/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

MAGA, MEGA, MWGA!

Based crossposter

People are dying, Sup Forums, while you argue about which smartphone is the best

If Ajit didn't want to turn the internet into cable TV 2.0 we wouldn't have this problem.

NN is the equivalent of cable bundling (all channels are equal).

no not really.

if my phone plan or whatever becomes more cancerous than the current levels of bullshit zero rating, that NN didn't stop anyhow, I'll just fucking get rid of my phone.

youtube.com/watch?v=eXWhbUUE4ko

HOW WILL I WATCH MUH STAH WAHS NOW???

Hella metal

Not exactly. See, cable TV comes in bundles, meaning you purchase access to a bundle of channels. 99% of the time you can't order channels separately, and you damn sure won't ever be able to get access to every single TV channel in the world, because cable TV just isn't set up for that.

But the internet IS set up for the ability to access every website in the world, and that's how it's been since the net neutrality regulations were applied. Without them, the greedy ISP's would turn internet into cable TV, where consumers have to purchase, say, a "media" package that grants them access to YouTube, Vimeo, Spotify, etc., and perhaps a "networking" package that gives them kikebook, twitter, normiegram, leddit, but probably not Sup Forums.

>inb4 "but they never did that before"
And you're right. In the good old days, through the 90s and 2000s, they didn't do that. But then they started. And people weren't happy about it. So enter net neutrality, and with it the humble American was guaranteed open access to the entire internet - i.e. how it was originally intended to be.

>inb4 "im yurokuck i dont care fuck you americans"
Guess what, whether you and I like it or not America has a big influence on the world. If net neutrality gets removed for good in America, it wouldn't be a shock to see other countries follow suit.

Wrong. Net neutrality is the internet's natural state, free of government interference. Government-enforced "net neutrality laws" are as neutral as government-enforced "free speech laws" are free. The Bill of Rights banned government from making laws violating human rights, instead of mandating the government make laws to "enforce human rights," for this reason.
FCC "net neutrality" was designed to do this, giving The Most Important People as much bandwidth as they wanted, and making everyone else share whatever was left over, in the name of this "fairness." Fortunately, it was mostly unworkable thanks to the core design philosophy of the internet, and the only real effect of the FCC abandoning it is that The Most Important People aren't getting their way, and are therefore throwing an epic tantrum with full support of the entire international media, threatening Gloom and Doom and The End Of The Internet As We Know It, which includes repeated shill threads like this one.

Riddle me this:
Why the fuck is/was the FCC in "charge" of protecting NN if they can take it away just as easily? Shouldn't this be the job of the FTC to stop monopolistic practices?

Nice reddit spacing bro, $1/post tier shill

hawt

oh the irony

remember all the gaylords spamming 'XD amerrycans btfo cya later fags' for days like they thought something was actually going to happen? that was great.

stop being retarded

>haven't paid attention to nn the past week
>check my speed today and my upload speed is 10x faster for some reason

>business as usual

Enjoy your mobile network 10/1 """"broadband""""

zdnet.com/article/governments-new-broadband-rules-dont-add-up/

Go back, nigger.
Sup Forums is libertarian, not communist.