Tfw your only justification for using an objectively terrible operating system is games

>tfw your only justification for using an objectively terrible operating system is games

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dm-crypt/Encrypting_an_entire_system
ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-14.1/README_CRYPT.TXT
reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/6dvkbt/full_guide_installing_activating_windows_10_ltsb/
hull.today/2017/12/hull-internet-troll-sentenced/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More options for Visual Studio IDE

Ok fuck off

sage

Not only that. Windows 10 Enterprise and LTSB is free.

upboated

nah its programs

My other reasons are that my SBz only works properly in Windows. I use HRTF surround and other audio DSPs this card runs on the actual card... not the CPU.

Better video streaming support from Netflix, HBO, Vudu, etc... like surround sound, etc.

Game development actually

i would switch to GNU/Linux if it had full disk encryption (and no, the Ubuntu "encrypt this installation" during install doesn't count you fat fucks)

No one really uses windows. It's just trolls posting their windows VMs

Faggot wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dm-crypt/Encrypting_an_entire_system

>lincucks
>anything but soy

Not everyone has autism

programs are games

if I copy your game, will you lose a sale?

They are not.

I have certs in Microsoft.

But it does moron

ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-14.1/README_CRYPT.TXT

>90% of all software

No. My game isn't for sale.

They are if you pirate THE SHIT OUT THEM.

>having to read a fucking 50 page tutorial to encrypt your system
>fucking command prompt configuration

This is what I'm talking about. Have fun staying at 0,2% market share. I hate Windows 10, its updates has fucked me countless of times, but at least we have BitLocker and VeraCrypt (both which can do FDE via GUI)

>something takes effort
>better just use a compromised, proprietary system instead

>your only justification for using an objectively terrible operating system
You mad bro? You foaming?

>compromised

doesn't the antergos install script have disk encryption? i installed it awhile ago, but i'm pretty sure it does. ubuntu too, for that matter

Anarchy Linux is an Arch installer that has the option to easily set up FDE

yes and yes

bitlocker is compromised. do you really not think that microsoft is able to decrypt every sinlge bitlocker encryption out there? you can't be that dumb.

Your only justification for using an objectively terrible operating system is that it's FOSS.

It would be extremely unprofitable

Achually it microsoft and jetbrains fault because I like visual studio for work.
>inb4 muh vim and emacs autismo NEETs who code hello word shit on /dpt/.

This. Linux is a fucking joke.

but that's wrong you fucking moron. see

Not that, I mean the whole "read 50 pages to do X" thing which Linux is all about and the 0.2% marketshare.

Nothing good can ever come from appealing to a mass market. All you end up doing is dumbing down your software, rather than focusing on improving it.

but if the 'read 50 pages to do encrypt the system' isn't an issue, do you have any evidence where you do, currently, need to read 50 pages to do something in linux? because i can't think of anything

Holy fuck an actual pajeet

Who cares, as long as it works
First thing to come to mind is tweaking elementaryOS. Then installing drivers outside the software center (and finding out why it doesn't work). Learning what all the bullshit options in wine are so that at least some of your programs work close to windows speed/reliability is also a bitch.

>tfw your only justification for using an objectively terrible operating system is ricing desktop and servers
lmao just like its daily users you only visit server if its either dead or replacement

Try Solus or Antergos. Elemntary is a pile of shit

>elementary OS
>'how to add ppa to elementary OS'
>4 lines in a terminal, maximum
>update system, install software
if you don't have the hardware/system that the PPA is for, why are you installing it?
>wine
>check wineHQ to see if software A works
>if yes, install it, the (single) page should have tweaks for it to get it working
>if not, why would you install it
sounds more like '50 pages' is a great over exaggeration for 'i need everything handed to me'

>ppa
Not that, there's an outdated tool you can use to tweak that OS but support has been dropped.
>don't like it, don't use it
See that's why linux is a joke and will forever stay in its tiny little insignificant corner.

Ah, i'm unfamiliar with elementary, but from what i've heard it's nothing but garbage anyways. the AUR has far more software all in one space. also, why would you bitch about a software not working when you even say support has been dropped for it? people probably stopped working on it because it sucked.
>linux stays in its little corner
>dominates everything except the desktop
>tiny little insignificant corner
i really just think you're upset that it's not windows and you're looking for reasons to complain at this point.

Why the fuck can't I just be allowed to control Windows Update. What the fuck is this.

Listen, elementaryOS has no native support for the windows button. The search option is windows + Space and you can't change it without that shitty tool.
>everything except desktop
You mean the one thing computers are made for (automation, quality of life) is where linux lacks? Damn

So is OS X, Linux, *BSD, etc.

Microsoft owns the OS. By paying for Windows (assuming you did), you purchased a license to be able to install and use Microsoft property on your hardware. You don't own the OS, you own the right to use it.

It's your problem for using a shit hipster distro instead of a mainstream one like Ubuntu or Fedora

>objectively terrible
More like objectively comfy. Well, W7 at least.

>computers are made for automation, and QoL
i thought they were made to compute things. Look, i'm not saying linux is flawless, but your entire 'it sucks' is based of a shitty distro that doesn't even have proper support. there's a reason why people say use ubuntu, debian, mint, gentoo, arch and their derivatives.
>linux lacks automation
o i am laffin. you honestly don't know what you're talking about

>Visual Studio IDE
Look at this fucking soy boy right there.

Yep, I’d be so using a Mac if it wasn’t for gaming.

no

Yes, they are free. Google it, dumbass.

Driver support.
I don't like not using my sound card or getting 50% of the GPU performance.

>free
he means libre, not gratis

It just werks and I've already used it for 20 years.

It's actually Microsoft Office 2016

reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/6dvkbt/full_guide_installing_activating_windows_10_ltsb/

gratis != libre, user was clearly talking about libre

MacOS is only slightly better than Windows.

The user he that user was replying to was clearly talking about "free," or in your freetard terms, gratis.

actually the reason is that i dont want to spend hours fixing stuff that should had worked out of the box like screen tearing.

Then fucking say libre.

That's an incredible understatement.

OS X doesn't have this issue.

i'm going to believe he's not stupid in thinking W10 is free to get when everyone knows it is, while i can definitely believe you're narrow minded enough to think he meant free as in free beer.

We're talking Windows, why would I ever think that by "free" he meant "open sauce"

because you're on Sup Forums, not Sup Forums

Being on Sup Forums just furthers my assumption that he's at least knowledgeable enough to know that Windows is not open source.

I like excel

exactly, so when he said 'no it's not' (in relation to windows 10LTSB is free) you should know he meant free as in libre, not gratis. honestly, it's a failure of the english language, and everyone here should just try to use 'libre' when talking about that in the future

Or we could just easily use existing English.
GPL is an open source license.
Windows is free.

>Using screenfetch and not scrot -s
Why is this a thing?

Scrot doesn't show off my 1337 specs

GPL is a FLOSS license, BSD is an open source license. windows is free as in free beer, linux can be considered free as in free speech. hence libre vs gratis, since english doesn't make a distinction. you likely just want to keep it the way is it so you can bitch about anons calling W10 not free, which just further creates shitflinging and needless discussions like this.

Now you're just splitting hairs.

I value photoshop more than games. I run linux on my server and laptop though

Photoshop works on OS X.

maybe not though desu because if microsoft had a way to decrypte bitlocker that would mean that there is a potential exploit a hacker could find

because the distinction matters. you might not agree with stallman, i don't in every case either, but the distinction between FLOSS and open source is obvious. unless you're saying that the GPL and BSD licenses are identical, which is obviously not true, i don't see why you'd think i'm just splitting hairs

i also like windows for games though desu. I wanted to try out osx on my laptop but it's a yoga and i imagine osx doesnt have drivers for the touchscreen and stylus. It would be nice to see apple come out with a 2 in 1 laptop

Windows is not gratis unless you use illegitimate methods.

no it's just that I don't wanna have to learn C++ just to turn off my fucking mouse acceleration. I actually like having an OS that works

>because the distinction matters
That is a good point, we need some distinction between copyleft licenses and decent ones like BSD-style licenses.

>It would be nice to see apple come out with a 2 in 1 laptop
As long as the iPad exists, I highly doubt that'd happen.

I never said otherwise, that was an example based on the discussion.

>>tfw your only justification for using an objectively terrible operating system is having fun on it
ftfy
People not dead inside like to have some fun with friends.

hai the ipad is stupid since it's running a mobile os but since apple is targeted towards normies i gues they dont really want full operating sytems on their devices so it probably wont happen would just be cool though

nah, you could update to W10 through the disabled peoples updates or whatever it's called until recently
.>moving the goalposts
like i said, you might not agree with stallman but you do agree that we need a distinction, for whatever reason. i'm glad we've finally come to that conclusion. the original user was silly for not saying 'it's not libre' but i can say with certainty that's what he meant

But user piracy is wrong and illegal. And only niggers do wrong and illegal stuff. You're not a nigger, are you? If you are your waifu will be really sad :(

>the ipad is stupid since it's running a mobile os
No fucking shit, that's the point. What's the point in buying a $900 iPad when I can add a few hundred and get a MacBook that converts to a tablet? What's the point in buying the iPad when I have the convertible MacBook? This way, you end up buying a MacBook and an iPad.

I do agree that there should be a distinction, and we have it. Shit licenses (GPL), and decent ones (BSD). Stallman's distinction is asinine and I will always refuse to accept it.

Can we consider it legitimate if it was updated from a pirated Windows 7 copy? Even if you upgrade from a legit license, you still originally paid for Windows 7.

MS considers it legitimate, since even if you torrented and cracked the W7 key they'll give you a legit W10 one.
whatever helps you sleep at night.

in the uk it is actually illegal to withhold encryption keys from authorities desu. Say you have your loli encrypted and they wanna check your pc you either give over the encryption key and get arrested or dont and get arrested

You can on LTSB.

Wtf? That's retarded. No wonder V for Vendetta is in the UK, fucking britbongs living in a 1984 scenario.

The 5th amendment is a privilege of Americans, I've heard no other first world countries have similar laws, I haven't looked into it though.

desu it completely is over the summer we had our first internet troll sentenced to prison time after new legislation. Police also go and talk to people who right bad things about islam on facebook aswell you can find recordings of it on youtube sadly i dont have a link to one desu

hull.today/2017/12/hull-internet-troll-sentenced/

You're a wealthy guy

If you hate Windows 10 and have to use Windows, at least have enough self-respect to choose Windows 7.

For you

>Get the latest version of Microsoft Toolkit from a trusted source like MyDigitalLife

In what universe do you need to use a crack on a "free" software product?

This doesn't sound right! It just doesn't!

I have used Windows since Windows XP, and although Vista wasn't so good everything was solid! Windows 10 is nothing but an outrage!

(I apologize for the exclamation marks but I feel betrayed as a once loyal Windows customer.)