What's the most optimum text editor's color scheme to maximize your programming skill?

What's the most optimum text editor's color scheme to maximize your programming skill?

Post your favorite and explain why.

Other urls found in this thread:

plus.google.com/ JeffDean
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuisenaire_rods).
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

monokai

vscode
it's pretty dope

>Ask for cholorscheme
>"VEE EES CODE XD"
Why are all microcucks so fucking dumb ironically?

As soon as you can distinguish your text from the background the color scheme doesn't influence your programming skills anymore.

>comments
>strings
>return/continue/break statements
and that's all I want to have highlighted or distinguished

kek

Greenterm gives +50 hacking skill

Are you retarded? He's obviously referring to the default VScode theme, called VScode.

Not to kick while you are down but there is no such thing as the VScode theme, there's "light" and "dark".

>and explain why.
i like x because it's red colored. what kind of explications do you want, retard.

>uses "optimum" as an adjective
>thinks "optimal" is gradable
>thinks colors magically "maximize" skills
You'll never make it as a programmer.

Pastel colours on a dark grey background.

The default one

>Pastel colours
gay

They're easier on the eyes than bright colours.

dracula soft

it's pretty

This one
I'm still trying to replicate it

Whatever pywal generates me.

I enjoy gruvbox the most, but I've been using 'darktooth' recently, the solarized themes are also one of my favorites

Why don't you just contact him and ask?

plus.google.com/ JeffDean

why would i bother him with something as trivial as that? i also heard he gets like thousands of emails a day

geany is cool , lots of plugins and features

Yeah he should have just said dark. Obviously people would have known he meant the default VSCode theme then.

Hence the Google Plus link and not his direct email (which I could have provided).

Whatever default dark theme your editor has

vim within vscode

>Syntax highlighting is juvenile. When I was a child, I was taught arithmetic using colored rods (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuisenaire_rods). I grew up and today I use monochromatic numerals.
-rob
>When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
-rob

light yellow is the most readable background as tested by lel labs. But pale blue is also decent.

Post your .Xdefaults/.Xresources please.

I'm on windows

VS Code with Consolas font, One Dark Pro theme, and vscode-icons is pretty comfy.

Github.

Are you me?

>solarized light
>spacemacs light
if my terminal stops shitting in my face I might try gruvbox light

Because it's an actually interesting question, and worst case scenario it gets ignored. If he really gets thousands of messages a day, you can be sure he doesn't sift through them by hand

grayscale with about 5 shades

yep, developers really like to talk about that stuff you know?

Tango

Tomorrow Night or Material (one in the gif you posted).

Although if you're using atom it doesn't matter because you're a brainlet.

gruvbox is goat

Two Firewatch, bitches.

looks great, switched over to spacemacs recently myself, after learning vim over the past half year.
enjoying it, but haven't gotten into elisp yet

I like black and white with maybe some grays. I find the Fischer Price colorsscheme to be too distracting and unhelpful.

tasteful

Do your understand that your code is shit and looks like shit right?

vim

Black on black
So you can take a good long look at yourself and the mess your life turned into, and maybe contemplate ways to stop being such a fucking looser.

Zenburn

+1

farout

What do you mean?

That's sam code.
That's like saying Bible is shit.

literally who

noob here, where do we get themes for notepad++ and visual studio?

can you post this .vimrc plz?

Why does your font look so nice?

i'm so new i just leave it on the default and still love it.

People say that the dark background makes it easier for long coding sessions, but I just find that a harsh white background makes errors stand out more and keeps me awake. If I'm coding outside of hours when I should be working then it just means I need to work on my resume

Darcula because comfy

Reminder that solarized is used exclusively by soy boys.

I use a very subtle colorscheme with minimal highlighting. I switched to no highlighting at all but there are a few cases where it greatly helps me.

The only highlighting I use are for macros, comments, and string literals (quote pairs).