The golden era of tablets is already over

The golden era of tablets is already over

I don't know that it ever arrived. The only viable tablet is the iPad and even that is a really niche device. Nobody is really gonna watch movies on a tablet when they have a 50+ inch TV unless they're on a plane or something

>i have a 50+ inch hd tv in bedroom
>i have an ipad mounted next to bed on night stand

I watch way more shit on the ipad. Just more comfy to lay down. Bluetooth headphones are great for fap sessions too.

I’m mad AF. I bought a 75 in $4200 Sony 4K HDR tv for my cinema room along with a bunch of electric recliners and a 9 channel Atmos speaker array and all I do is watch things on my iPad in bed.

Did it ever start?

Big smartphones killed them. Riperroni in pepperoni

How fat are you?

I'm about 25 lbs over weight. How fat are you?

oink oink

how will my ego ever recover?!

>I don't know that it ever arrived.
It is a very niche device that few like.
>The only viable tablet is the iPad and even that is a really niche device.
I always preferred the samsung notes.
>Nobody is really gonna watch movies on a tablet when they have a 50+ inch TV unless they're on a plane or something
I'm actually in the market for a new one for reading manga, and watching animu without having to go through my desktop. I'm probably going for a Surface though for doodling.

Not trying to argue with you about anything, and just wanted to confirm that tablets are a niche device that only a few people would find a benefit with. For the most part they are over shadowed by either a phone, laptop, or desktop.

Color e-readers with backlight are the future

I loved my Asus Nexus 7 when it came out.

But honestly, with bigger phones, plus my computer, OP is right. I really don't have much use for them at all.

With a premature death caused by heart disease

>watching animu
isn't that what a tv is for?

I had a tablet awhile back. It broke, never bothered new one cause I had my phone and fuck paying 100-300 for an overglorified smart phone (minus the phone bit).

Tablets have and will always be trash. Typing on them is a chore and unergonomic, they're portable, but require more space than a pocket to carry, and they typically are a pain in the dick to repair.

There is nothing a tablet cannot do that a phone+laptop combo would do better.

Anime, and mango.

never had a tablet, but a couple years back there was that keyboard on osx you could split in half.
recently tried it again, but it didn't work anymore.

Why did Apple get rid of that?

but when

electronic book capable of video playback and gaming.
phones are too small (unless you have a "phablet") and laptops are too big for this purpose.

>too big for normal everyday phone/mobile shit
>more expensive than a phone with the same specs but smaller
>too shit for reading

ereaders are coming back, dudes.

A 5.5in screen is perfectly fine for that though and perfectly manageable in an average person's hand. If you're a petite or just have small hands I can see how it would be a little large, but for the average person 5.5 is plenty of space to read books/comics.

I had never used a tablet before but our university gave us free iPads with keyboards. It's pretty good for taking notes and going through slides before an exam but that's about it. Wouldnt buy one myself.

I really hope someone will release a spiritual succesor to the nexus 7.
I should have bought the nvidia shield k1 when it was 150€.
Hope my 2012 n7 can survive a few more months.

Actually i love my 2012 nexus 7.
Great for reading comics, watching anime in bed and casual emulation.
If it becomes too slow then I'll upgrade to something with an FullHD screen, SD card slot and a bit more ram for general media consumption.
I would recommend getting a 7'-8' tablet just for that. Better getting one cheap, used and with a big software modding community.

Remember when they said Ipad was going to kill PC? Good keks time

Well...

Forgot pic

The iPhone killed it instead. We're finally containing the normies!

>spill spouting fake news even 5 years after

My post was sarcastic you faggot

>our university gave us free iPads
It's not part of your tuition costs?