KDE

All the boxes? The absolute madman

yes; all of them

This looks super autistically comfy.

I'll ignore it. Thanks though.

cwm

XFCE then install W3M-gpas

>Password field greyed out in user account dialog
>Change password from terminal. Says OK.
>Restart and try to log in
>Login screen goes black 1s then shows login screen again
>Change to another user account. Reset password of first user from terminal to 1234
>Restart and try to log in
>Werks
Cinnamon fucking sucks. I can't believe they advertise it as more modern and better than MATE.

Literally the only answer here is KDE.

>Gnome, GTK, and Red Hat are a cancer on Linux. This is a well known fact.
>Xfce, Cinnamon, MATE, and LXDE on that list all use GTK. Cinnamon is even based on Gnome 3.
>KDE is completely separate, is technically superior in terms of software architecture, performance, features, and GUI, and it uses the superior Qt.

In the future you'll be able to choose from other options like LXQT or Budgie-Qt, but for now you have to go with KDE.

Install Lumina.

Cinnabon myself

I'm on 8.1 right now. I can't decide between these two

Well that's good because I also think KDE looks the best

>not installing windows
hahahaha

M8 or Tea.

gnome, roast me.

>This keeps its userbase small and elitist. No novices asking stupid questions.

what do they mean by this?

bestgrill

MATE with decent hardware. XFCE without.

what's wrong with gnome?

It's a foot

XFCE

xfce or budgie

XFCE

so far for my gpu and kernel 4.14 all the other WMs suck completely.I'm not saying xfce is the best, but it's reliable and it just werks, considering that i'm in need of a bleeding-edge distro

Unironically Gnome, I love the huge icons for some reason.

is it still super out of date outside of openbsd

KDE by far.

yeah, that doesn't explain anything

Gnome sucks

Xfce

Terminal only. WM and DE are for pussies.

horrible

but pretty standard for KDE

omg you so funneh! please add me on facebook

>t. buttmad Gnome user
Remember, a feature removal a year keeps the goyim in fear.

t. Butthurt wm/de fag

How are you browsing this site from a terminal?

budgie

lynx browser

Use vanilla dwm and shut up.
btw he means reee normies get out

but dwm's source code is kept as small as possible to encourage hacking

Only right answer. Fuck i3

xfce retard

i3

None. Then get Fluxbox.

>retard
OP asked for opinions. No need to be rude.

wow, you are all so l33t h4xor omg!

this thread is shit

>images.duckduckgo

yeah, thanks for proving my point faggot

Thanks for proving MY point fruitcake.

Cinnamon. Gnome appears to be getting worse with each update, I don't want to spend three hours configuring KDE to my liking, and Cinnamon just works for me. I've also tried Xfce and LXDE at various points, but Cinnamon is comfier.

Budgie or dwm

whattabout the damn pics?

IceWM

KDE if you want features and good UX
Xfce if you want stability and good UX
Anything else if you're retarded

keep fighting the good fight, m8
gnome scum deserves less mindshare

eyy, it's "looks like an upskirt in the thumbnail" wallpaper dude
sup

I never asked for this wallpaper.

web server

It uses a shit ton of resources despite the fact that the devs keep removing features, recently they removed the ability to have desktop icons.

*checks M8*

KDE

Any of these is fine depending on your preferences.
except GNOME. GNOME is utter trash.

Mate with openbox wm

That's what I did, untick the de too. Just install xserver and awesome and youre good

Unity

My nigga

CDE

>de
Nigger youre a dum fagote
Use nitrogen+tint2+openbox instead, its like 20% the resource usage

how many normies do you know that can hack something written in c besides fizzbuzz

What you think?

jesus that's the most ugly thing I've ever seen its like vista and osx had a stillborn fuckin ell m8

budgie

kek

The only possible choices for DE are XFCE and KDE
If you run Linux on a toaster i3 and openbox are great WM if you like to keep it small and tidy

>over half of the patches for it are outdated/broken
>doesn't support horizonal splitting of main window without said broken patches
no thanks. I'll stick with unriced i3.

actually the logo has a big impact emotionally to the user

that's what VMs are for, user

>
WTF IS DIS LOL

stable

die

yeah seriously what the fuck were you thinking

linux desktop environments are universally awful, get a good tiling window manager and don't look back, but if you have to pick a desktop environment then probably lxde/lxqt > kde > xfce > mate/cinnamon > gnome, kde either higher or lower depending on how much of an unstable buggy mess it is on your setup

it's the largest and most funded and most used DE by far which means it has no excuses for the asinine design decisions it makes nor the amount of bugs or performance issues that pop up, and it being the largest DE along with the most popular widget toolkit means that decisions the gnome/gtk team make ends up having knock on effects for the rest of the linux desktop ecosystem - a change made to gtk because it works better for gnome causes issues for years on gtk programs on non-gnome desktops, the gtk team deciding they don't want to add a feature that's standard on other operating systems means you'll be waiting 14 years or longer for that feature: bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=141154&
these issues come down largely to funding and development by large interest groups, gnome isn't a redhat project but most gnome developers use fedora and gnome collaborate with redhat on the freedesktop project, similar issues caused by larger developers tend to plague other projects like selinux, systemd, x11/xorg, alsa/pulseaudio, etc, issues such as arrogant developers (hi poettering), limited development time and resources dictating development, complete and utter disregard for the rest of the linux ecosystem, design by committee, lack of community involvement - even if you had the ability to submit patches for the 'no thumbnails in the gtk file picker' bug as other people have tried to do you won't find a gtk dev willing to accept patches because it means they have to take responsibility for testing and maintaining said patches

if I had to be concise, gnome is fine if you're only using gnome/gtk programs in a VM on OSX because that's how it's developed

[X] ... KDE
[X] ... Xfce

>universally awful
KDE5 is great

AAlib.