BIOS programming clip

pic related is the bios chip on my asus z270f motherboard. what type of clip or harness is best to program it?

If I would own one of these fugly nu-mainboards I would rip off the plastic shit and trash it

sideways sata ports are equally dumb lmao

SPI flasher.

LOL
PLSTIC HACKR COVERS
I poop on u kid

not nearly as stupid as locking the bios descriptor region so I cant fucking disable intel's spying engine without an external flasher.

>t. I use a thinkshit that's not even half the price of that board because muh poor

It will brick if you just remove it (ME code), hence projects like libreboot exist.
It's not a MacBook with shit EFI that you can just erase the ME part and it will still work.

I'm not planning on removing ME, just setting the NSA HAP bit.

>I'm a manchild who wastes money on gayming motherboard

Looks like a standard 8 pin chip to me. Look on ebay for connectors and use whatever SPI flasher you have. Even an arduino can do it.

sure its gay men branded but it also runs a 7700k @5Ghz with DDR4-3866 so not really a waste of money at 160 yuropoors.

>7700k @5Ghz
>DDR4-3866
Is there tasks that need such computing speed?

Yes.

>inb4 hurr gaymes
No. Games don't need good hardware at all these days.

so, that thing with the ROG logo is not actually plastic, it doubles as a heatsink for M.2 SSDs

So SSDs can be overclocked?

>sideways sata ports are equally dumb
What the actual fuck

no, M.2 NVMe's just get REALLY hot

Then why would I put a plastic cover in front of it? Well, you're not the designer I suppose... So you're free to go.

if you want to """""overclock""""" your SSD, get two and put them in raid 0. doubles the read write speed

They can, meaning - internal controllers are ARM ones, so these can be overclocked like very other CPU.
But it's not easy, and it's definitely not worth it.

>not actually plastic
>why should I put a plastic cover in front of it?
You seem to be a special type of person that lack reading comprehension.

Where is it written that it is not plastic?
We're discussing a picture here.

>Yes.
Examples? Because every resourse-consuming task is either launched on motherboards with different sockets, or funded and can be deployed in cloud instance, or don't need to be done in short amount of time. Using gayming motherboards for these tasks is just ridiculous.

Where is it written that it is? As far as I know, the only plastic shroud there is the one covering the IO. The southbridge and VRM heatsinks are solid blocks of metal. Not ideal for heatsinks but they're not plastic.

Now I'm curious are there any open source motherboard designs? All of the manufacturers are fucking shit and lock actually good features like BIOS switching and cmos clear button in with MUH MASTERRACE RGB LED TECHNO LIGHT SHOE

SOIC-8

arduino

I think there were similar things discussed with the raspi

I don't know if it is written but I have the STRIX ITX board so I am going off of personal experience.

Arduino is an entire real time controller. Unless you mean someone designed one using an arduino?

I don't know what you're talking about but I have the PCB layouts here