Nvidia: our GPUs are immune

>Our GPUs are immune, they are not affected by these security issues. What we did was release driver updates to patch CPU security vulnerabilities. We are patching the CPU vulnerabilities in the same way Amazon will, Epic, and Microsoft, because we have software, too. Anyone who writes software has to patch. So we have to patch our drivers to patch the CPU vulnerabilities. I am absolutely certain our GPU is not affected.

>nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4611/~/security-bulletin:-nvidia-gpu-display-driver-security-updates-for-speculative

Do we believe this CEO anons? Should we reinstall nvidia gforce xperience again?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/RyanSmithAT/status/951247959571677184
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Based Nvidia. I want x86 Nvidia CPU! Fuck Intelaviv!

>tfw green and red masterrace

This.
mommy su and jacketman are best couple.

what cards do you guys recommend

Drivers are part of the GPU.

Titan series. Love my sexy black beast

patch is not a permanent fix

Apparently one of the Spectre variants needs recompilation of binaries so that the compiler can avoid generating some susceptible code. In other words, unsupported closed-source software is fucked.

They literally arent

>I want x86 Nvidia CPU!
x86 Nvidia CPU!.
This.

green and red masterrace

>Do we believe this CEO anons?
I unironically trust Jensen more than any other tech CEO because the guy is obsessed with his work and love that shit.
If he was there just for the money he would have sold nvidia to someone already and jumped ship.

The guy also has a passion for machine learning and you can see how excited he is with the most retarded shit like even sorting algorithms.

But jacketman also sells GPUs, so maybe he is also bloating the driver for AMD micros at Intel's request.
I say the update smells fishy.

>so maybe he is also bloating the driver for AMD micros at Intel's request.
Nvidia would never gimp themselves to make AMD look bad because that's stupid and they don't need that to "win" the competition against AMD in the GPU world.

Also intel really hates nvidia, way more than they do with AMD. If you don't believe just google things like knights ferry / Xeon Phi which made intel lose billions because that shit couldn't compete even close to teslas in the supercomputing world.

Intel and AMD by the way have a great relationship right now and they are even using that APU vega thing on some of their chips.

>kernel and sc runs on the cpu
>WE ARE IMMUNE TO THE THREAT

nvidia being nvidia

this patch hurt performance?

Where is the amdrone who spam the fake news about nvidia GPUs?

twitter.com/RyanSmithAT/status/951247959571677184

>GPUs do not compute with speculative execution. Therefore they are inherently not at risk to Spectre.

Stop being ignorant retards