/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Prices are going up editon

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>Avoid Intel until security and performance issues are fixed: theregister.co.uk/2018/01/02/intel_cpu_design_flaw/
>A8 9600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>R7 / Threadripper - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Consider Vega 56 for a Freesync monitor
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023888/memory-and-storage.html
articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-599624267-computadora-cpu-gamer-amd-a4-radeon-hdd-500gb-ram-8gb-_JM
youtu.be/KlBy2Y6FYks
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126196
articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-601418834-nuevo-pc-cpu-gamer-a12-9800-bristol-42ghz-500gb-8gb-ddr3-r7-_JM
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121044&cm_re=speakers-_-36-121-044-_-Product
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824475006
amazon.com/gp/product/B015WCV70W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-608596525-cpu-optiplex-990-core-i5-2400-_JM
articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-607012445-tarjeta-de-video-gt-1030-asus-2gb-gddr5-envio-gratis-_JM
youtube.com/watch?v=2y32mBdZHJY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How big of a deal breaker is 60hz? EV2750-WT looks ridiculously aesthetic but is more expensive than the supposedly beefier PG279Q that honestly looks like ricer trash.

the more I look into monitors the more trash EVERY option seems. Imo 60hz is not a deal breaker.

>A8 9600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
lul

posted at end of last thread and people didnt like the 1070 and the keyboard. Ive never bought a mechanical keyboard and liked the idea of the cherry mx brown switches. any recommendations?

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($198.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: *MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard ($65.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: *Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory ($166.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: *Western Digital - Blue 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($137.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: *EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GAMING Video Card ($739.98 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Case: Antec - P8 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: *SeaSonic - G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($66.59 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: AOC - G2460PF 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor ($204.99 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Logitech - G710 Plus Wired Gaming Keyboard ($108.59 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse ($49.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1809.

>reds/cleads for cs go, shootergames
>browns for wow, rpg, ect
>blues for typing
Pick for what you want to do. Also blues are cancer for cs go i know first hand

>Not buying a prebuilt and saving 40% because of retard RAM and GPU prices

Build this for less
You cant...

Gonna delid my 7600k because it regularly hits 90C at 5Ghz. Is it easy?

>DDR4 2400
>Radeon
>400W
LOL

>didnt see the free upgrade shit next to it

Also ram can be upgraded before you finish the build as well
Its an option box you tick

Any benchmarks between Ryzen and post BIOS patch Coffee lake yet?

>400W PLUS Bronze
>iBUYPOWER

Oh yeah?

NZXT S340 elite
Fractal Design Meshify C
Fractal Design Define C
Corsair Carbide 400C
be quiet! Pure Base 600

Which case get?

The one that gets you the hardest boner.

What is this. How do I get this.

Google

At least get a 1070 ti you fucking maggot

Will this Intel guide for installing windows 7 on a nvme ssd work for all ssds? Is the first method listed the best way to do it?

intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023888/memory-and-storage.html

probably gonna make the switch, its about a $150 difference. think its worth it?

>That model

Shame.

I have had
>i5 3570k @ 3.4 GHz
>7970 3GB VRAM
for the last like 8 years

I want new shit that doesn't break the bank but still gives a performance upgrade

recommendationssZ?Z

Meshify has better airflow. The rest have dumb choking front panels. But as the other user said, pick based on aesthetics

Just make sure you put in an additional fan if your choice only has two

ZZZRyZenZZZ

i dont want new mobo and ram for a cpu upgrade

You have to faggot

Coming from like an 7 year old gpu which died today (hd 6770), anything half decent on ebay with hardware encoding like NVEC or AME I can get used for 50 or 60 bucks to hold me over until next gen gpus release?

Looking to upgrade my 4690k most likely to an 8600k. What's the go to mobo now?

is there any ATX EPYC mainboard for desktop?

Are you me? My ibuypower comes Monday.

Processor1 x AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Processor (8x 3.0GHZ/16MB L3 Cache)
Processor Cooling1 x DEEPCOOL Captain 120EX 120mm Liquid CPU Cooling System - Black - [Ryzen]
Memory1 x 8 GB [4 GB x2] DDR4-2400 Memory Module - G.SKILL Ripjaws V
Video Card1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5
Motherboard1 x GIGABYTE AX370 Gaming -- 2x PCIe x16, 2x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type A, 6x USB 3.1 Gen1
Power Supply1 x 600 Watt - Standard 80 PLUS Bronze
Primary Hard Drive1 x 250 GB WD Blue SSD -- Read: 540MB/s, Write: 500MB/s - Single Drive
Data Hard Drive1 x - [FREE] 2 TB HARD DRIVE 7200RPM - Today Only
Network Card1 x Gigabyte Wireless Bluetooth Dual Band Network Card - Up to 433 Mbps, 80MHz Band
Operating System1 x Windows 10 Home - (64-bit)

Got a few $5 extras too

Subtotal$937.00

Bought a Vega FE for cheap on black friday, but pro drivers are still missing. What am I gonna do with it? Swap it for the more expensive WX9100? Or are they ever gonna deliver?

>buying Intel processors

Asrock B350 Pro4 unless you want heavy overclocking.

I'm probably just going to do a moderate over clock on it. Like I'm running my 4690k at 4ghz right now.

anyone having issues with ryzen on win10 ltsb?
ran fine the first day, now it crashes after 10 minutes.
tried reinstalling os, reflash bios, clear cmos, lowering ram down to 2133, i'm currently in the process of just rebuilding it for fun to see if i did a fuckup.
I read online that the creators update fixed it, but aren't the patches from mainstream updates included in ltsb?

Unironically thinking about buying this for low-setting overwatch playing
articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-599624267-computadora-cpu-gamer-amd-a4-radeon-hdd-500gb-ram-8gb-_JM
The page in spanish. I live in Mexico so I'm poor and the shipping prices are fucking shit. Would it run overwatch/cs-go? I don't care about graphics and 60 fps would be nice.

Expect nothing from a 200usd computer. Here's the same hardware running csgo on medium.

youtu.be/KlBy2Y6FYks

Lmao well you'll be able to run some pixel-shit on full settings at least with that trash

1440p IPS for $390 or 1080p TN 144Hz for $350?
I have a ryzen 5 1600 and a gtx 1070, which monitor would I benefit from more in gayming? I currently use a 1080p TN @ 60Hz

t. Intel

what games are you playing?

>1080p TN
>350$
Never in the world will this ever be a good deal. Go for the 1440p IPS without a doubt.

my friend has all the parts in this list except the mobo and cooler. which ones should he buy to finish this build? I added these ones as placeholders but now the mobo price has increased substantially

Whatever shit head. You just ordered an already near defunct pile of garbage lmao. Fucking idiot

Are you implying I'm him?

>[4 GB x2] DDR4-2400
i seriously hope you dont do this

Uhh I don't even know I just built this, I kinda wanted to look for games on Sup Forums or /vg/ tomorrow. I used to play league a few years ago when my old pc was still able to run it at 30 fps, it got worse and worse with every new patch so I stopped but I might get back into it, evil within 1 and the crysis games look fun, maybe just cause 3 and I'll probably try new cod, mirror's edge catalyst idk. I'd like to play triple A shit, but also some lower graphics multiplayers that easily go above a hundred fps
The cheapest 144hz IPS display I can get is 730 cangaroo bucks. I really wanted to get more than 60 fps out of this setup and only realized IPS and high refresh rate don't really mix today. Is it really not worth it over the IPS?

You are such a normalfag it hurts

>le ur a normie I'm better than u because I play nekopara and doki doki literature club
Fuck off. And if you aren't a fucking weeb tell me what games you play because I haven't played anything since 2013

You don't deserve anything you worthless piece of trash, rot in your own undoing that is your ignorance and stupidity, you complete fool!

I knew it. We're coming for you on the day of the rope you fucking embarrassment of humanity.

That's nice and all but do you have Steam? I could show you a good time and change your life for the better if you're worthy.

what's the absolute cheapest build that'll allow me to do day to day tasks(programming/internet/youtube/no gaming)? can i build something that'll cost $300 and will be upgradable down the line when i get more money?

I do [spoiler]but I haven't used it since high school and it has all my former edgy usernames on it as well as my real name

Sell the 6600K and buy an i5 8400 or R5 1600 if you don't have a mobo

Both are probably dumb options
Get yourself a nice VA panel

>R7 1700
>1050Ti
You dun goofed.

Unless there's something in particular you're doing don't bother

i7 3770/K or keep your i5
7970 = 1050Ti so a 1060 3GB is probably your best bet

1070 is only worth about $350

When you build your PCs, how much electrical contact grease do you put between your CPU and the sockets, /pcbg/?

Damn you're worse than I thought, there is literally no saving you until you catch up on everything you missed in the last 5 years. Right now you're a lifeless husk.

Whats wrong with build besides low ram? I have another 8gb from old pc.

>paying $740 for a gtx 1070 in Q1 2018

Actually I just checked and this 4GB 580 for $280 is the best price for that tier of card on newegg
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126196
Still sucks though

I use a plastic knife to spread it on the socket like butter on bread.

Please shill me a good 144Hz VA monitor under 400 us bucks
How do I catch up? I refuse to play anything even remotely connected to anime

>contact grease
>not mayo
ygsiu

Mayo will do it if you don't have any grease, but electrical contact grease gives you better insertion pressure and less corrosion, user.

>I refuse to play anything even remotely connected to anime
That's where the problem lies, the year is 2018 where gays and other shit are rampant. Anime is the last humanity's bastion protecting you from filthy scum that your fucking country started you stupid fatass. You catch up by not sucking dick, playing vidya, having a proper steam account and watching anime. Anything else and you'll probably grow up to be a murderer or something.

Budget beaner is back with another contender
articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-601418834-nuevo-pc-cpu-gamer-a12-9800-bristol-42ghz-500gb-8gb-ddr3-r7-_JM

What GPU would go well with an old intel DZ68ZV, I sold the card that I had several years ago and I'm setting it back up for my gf.

>good goy just stay inside smoke weed watch anime and play video games
No thanks, I'd rather be a murderer and ki CIA niggers with my car

Weed and alcohol are poison that only scum use.

How bad of an idea is it to mix RAM speeds? I have 8GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 RAM and I want to get 8GB more but I can only find 1600 Mhz RAM

Have fun paying your college denbts

I fell for the artic jew. In the pic there was a chart stating it was superior to Cooler Master's in some arbitrary percentage, which was like half the price.
There was also adhesive tape, but you are not using that for chipsets, r..rright Sup Forums?

>implying I went to (((college)))
You might as well be using them though if you're being a good indoors goy who passively consumes (((entertainment))) instead of bettering himself for the upcoming race war. Nippon media is created by (((them))) as well, it just occupies a different niche.

All of your ram will run at 1333 MHz or less and have shit latency

You are getting worse with every post.

Nice argument faggot, go back to watching anime and transition into a "qt" trap catboy so you can be like the "kawai" characters in your chinese cartoons

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121044&cm_re=speakers-_-36-121-044-_-Product
Should I pull the trigger on this ? I have no sound card.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824475006

What's the CPU? Probably RX 560 or GTX 1050 if it doesn't have a PCIe connectors from the PSU

I don't have it with me to check, I know its a xeon.
Any 560 in particular?

>curved

muh immersion

Hey everyone, I'm still new to all this, and need some help if anyone wants to.
I have a few questions, and need some recommendations for compatible parts that I own already.

i3-8100
some

what should I get, and why? a 1440p monitor, or a 1080p monitor with a 144Hz refresh rate? This is for gaming. I cann't afford 1440p and 144Hz

Buy something with any sandy bridge or newer i5 and add a GT 1030
You should be able to find a system for 80$~ USD and the GPU is 80$~
The standard PSU is enough to power it as it does not need a 6 pin.
Try and find something with 8gb of ram and i5 maybe even i7 or xeon based

Do you have an equal to craigslist?

Is this a good monitor?
amazon.com/gp/product/B015WCV70W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

>Got some DDR3 ram from brother for my old build
>2x8GB G.Skill Sniper RAM to compliment my 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw RAM
>Windows is only detecting 20GB of RAM
What the fuck? Its detecting that all 4 slots on my motherboard M5A97 R2.0 are filled.

I need a new modern case that's big enough to fit an Evo Hyper 212 heat sink. I like shiny LEDs (yes Im a fag) in my case. Any suggestions for a $50-$100 case?

Pls help

1080p 144Hz if

Budget beaner here

articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-608596525-cpu-optiplex-990-core-i5-2400-_JM

articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-607012445-tarjeta-de-video-gt-1030-asus-2gb-gddr5-envio-gratis-_JM

youtube.com/watch?v=2y32mBdZHJY

>Logitech
>even once
user, pls.
Either get Turtle Beach or nothing.

They seem to only do headsets.
And come on, those speakers from what I've looked all around seem really solid. I'm just unsure if the 5.1 setup can all be plugged on my motherboard. (Asrock AB350m Pro4)

Not really, at leadt not where I live. Its really fucking hard to find deals :/

When are the next major Intel CPU and GPU lines coming out? I know waiting is a meme because something new is always just around the corner but the prices right now are fucking ridiculous.

Look above
Find a dell or HP shitty system with a i5 i7 or i3 of any generation newer than sandy bridge.

Add in a GT 1030 and you are set for cheap setup

Post your speccy

Seems fine. Don't worry about the security flaw in the Intel arch; it doesn't affect you

1080p 144Hz
If you're too poor for 1440 144Hz you're also to poor to keep buying graphics cards to keep up with 1440p requirements

Wait until mid Feb for the new Ryzen APUs. You won't need a graphics card and you'll be able to play Overwatch with a 99USD chip
Mobo+chip+RAM will cost you about 250USD. I'm assuming you'll be able to scavenge other components like case, PSU, storage, etc

I have a chance to get a 2nd hand 7700 for cheap. Will it bottleneck a 1080ti? I plan to play on 1440p144hz.

Reason being that I can get a somewhat modern CPU that will last me 2-3 years before all the meltdown/spectre fixed CPU are released.