Best of both worlds?

Best of both worlds?

But damn the thinkpad is so damn ugly.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

so you're getting an ugly shitty laptop designed 20 years ago and a operating systems for homosexual bloggers?

woah

>t. Linfag/Winfag

Stay poor and jealous you homo.

t. gamer

>no wi-fi
worst of both worlds

I have WiFi with a little USB dongle.

Welome to the future, grandpa.

>having to sacrifice a usb port is a good thing and that's accepted in the future
i don't want to live in the future you're living.

>no imessage
>no airdrop

>Calling others poor when having to install MacOS on a thinkpad, unable to afford superior hardware.

Posted from a Mac

wifi is botnet.

>didn't mod bios & put in an atheros card

well at least he didn't pay 2k for a garbage computer.

Whats the point of using macos on not a mac? Why not just use linux like a normal person.
I bet most of the media keys aren't even recognized, probably not even the volume buttons.

I couldn't get the graphics to work well consistently on my X230 and the battery monitor was trash. Also the clitmouse wouldn't work. Eventually I gave up and went back to Windows 10 Enterprise and Fedora with XFCE. OS X doesn't offer anything special outside of being a pain in the ass to do real work on, so there's no point in tinkering with it forever. Sure, OS X is a shiny toy to play with for a while, but when it comes time to use a standard nix shell, you get Bash 3 and have to install some half assed package manager to get a recent version with modern features. It's just dumb. It has all the proprietary hangups of Windows with none of the software compatibility. It's easier for me to find software for Linux than it is for me to get the same stuff on Mac OS X. I also own several real Macs and so far they're collecting dust because they aren't all that great for real work. The exception is my PowerPC Macs, which I've installed Linux on. I get more use out of those old things than I do my x86 Macs with OS X.

>implying you can't just change the interior once you have a chassis
Good meme Sup Forums

I think the thinkpad looks good

t. macbook air owner

>Why not just use linux like a normal person.
1. Normal people, by definition, are people who don't use Linux. Not with 2% of the desktop, that is.
2. The difference between OSX and Linux isn't just superficial. OSX is Unix designed and built by professional engineers. Linux is a collaborative project by hobbyists. Linux is not even Unix. It is riven by warring distros. Systemd, anyone?

On my X220 is pretty darn good, though it cost $10 because that was the price on the DW1510. Battery is decent, it's not slow, the only issue I have with it is really the touchpad, it's really silly. I want some goddamn gestures but I guess that's what you pay for.

It does have issues that I don't personally mind, but they are still issues. The SD card reader doesn't work. Brightness settings are weird. You need to plug, unplug and re-plug headphones for them to work and the mute mic button doesn't work either. It's like one of those pajeet custom Oreo ROMs for your phone that doesn't have official Oreo support. It all depends on what you use and what you want to sacrifice and I don't recommend it much for other people. But for me it's more than enough, I'm pretty happy with it.

My problem is that years of lugging my X220 around and bringing it in for motherboard replacement multiple times (No fucking clue why, but I got it used and it had an extended warranty so there were no issues, literally just had to drop it off at some authorized repair place a 5 minute drive away), the keyboard shifts around and kinda pops out of place, not really sure how to explain it. The case is starting to crack below the trackpad, the screws are starting to rust/go to shit, and in general it's not doing too good. ;_;

I'm running Mac OS on my Ryzentosh computer, OP.

>You can't run Mac OS with a AMD processor, or at least well enough

Sound works, networking works, graphic drivers work, updates work, and sleep/reboot/shutdown works. Everything works, but if I'm doing a major update, then I have to run a post install script, but it works pretty much flawlessly. iMessage works too.

>rich people waste their money

Is it in any way difficult to install?

Let's say that I'm tired of Intel and in the future I want to go with AMD but maybe use hackintosh for a while. On my current build it works with no issues and installing/setting it up actually takes me less than a freaking windows 10 fresh install (w10 installs quicker, but it takes me a fucking hour to get through its setup because it doesn't want to stop raping my CPU for a second so I can actually do things on it)

Enjoy no power management. On laptop you need it.

>Not using GNU/Linux

It is sort of difficult, but if you know how to install clover, kext, etc, if shouldn't be. You just need compatible hardware. You need the proper kext and the correct hardware. Find a build with compatible specs and it should work fine for you. AMD-OSX forums has their own ways to install Mac OS for AMD and kext.

Here are my specs. Compatible with Sierra, but not quite with High Sierra (graphics don't work on High Sierra, yet.) I have all the available kext for this system, if you have the same exact motherboard.

gigabyte ga-ab350m-hd3
gtx-970
Ryzen 5 1600

enjoy your ignorant life. You need it.

XPS 13 9360 Touch
Everything works just fine. Sleep/Wake, Audio, Power management, NVMe, Retina scaling, Wi-Fi, AirDrop, iMessage. The only thing lacks are NVMe low power modes and USB-C/TB3 buggy.
behind that fully working Hackintosh on Z77A-G41, i5-2500, AMD R7 250X. Both machines are on the newest build of 10.13.2

Bitching about non-working features is just stupid. As long as you have motivation and/or a bit of knowledge you can achieve fully working build in just one day. There is a lot of resources on the net including great subreddit and it's Discord Server. Tonymacx86 in general should be omitted since the way it configures macOS is highly discouraged - I mean changing system kexts to older version and using code that the real developers get no credit.

show me de wey

wtf is gnu? i only got linux on my thinkpad.
is it like some kinda fancy terminal?

>worst keyboard ever made

hit /r/hackintosh and join It's Discord. I'm quite active there.

To be honest it's really nice comparing to my older notebooks and you can clearly get used to it. I like it more than Macbook's Butterfly switch one. The major drawback is coil whine sadly. Otherwise I just love this notebook.

>Not Ubuntu

Oops.

you can install a custom BIOS and then replace the inntenal wireless card. A far more elegant solution.

I really, really, really want a x220 again

I have a T430 and it's shit

>OSX
>being """best""" of anything

Anyway to install without a Mac?

There are sites that have Mac OS available. Go for a version that comes with Kext. Google it or search Youtube for your processor and/or motherboard/laptop.

I have a x220 so it should be good. Thanks!

Google x220 Hackintosh and the first link is a guide on installing it. I highly recommend Sierra over High Sierra because the exploit in the latest version of High Sierra.

How the fuck did you get iMessage working on a Ryzen hackintosh?

I used a special version with the XLNC scripts for Sierra. Install Sierra.

Ahh, gotcha thanks I've been reading that one over, and I should just download a MacOS with the necessary kext for x220 right?

Go to AMD-OSX forums for guides and stuff required to do a Hackintosh. Sierra works much better than High Sierra, or at least for me. I updated my bios (not always required), installed Mac OS High Sierra, installed the graphics drivers, and my computer wouldn't boot into Mac OS, it would reboot, so I had to go into the installer terminal, and remove the kext for the graphics drivers so I could boot into Mac OS. Eventually, I found out that I had to plug in my monitor with HDMI and it worked, however updating the system, running the post install scripts (required once you finish doing a major update), and updated the drivers and my system wouldn't boot into Mac OS. I tried Sierra instead and updated my system, ran the post install script, updated the graphics drivers, and it works flawlessly. You just need the correct kext for clover.

No, you just need a vanilla version of Mac OS. I can't help you on where to get Mac OS outside of the App Store. 2 ways you can do it is by using a friends Mac and downloading Sierra/High Sierra from the App Store. Option 2: Google for a copy, I can't help you here.

Use a VM

Right, I have the "copy", but the guide still requires you to use a Mac OS Extended format of the USB.

>calling others poor when wasting money on "superior hardware"

Posted from my P71, edited with my Vertu Signature Touch.

No you don't. Mac OS Extended format doesn't always play nice with Hackintosh. When you install High Sierra (don't recommend it because the exploit). If you go into the terminal in the installer you can type this:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --converttoapfs NO

This is what you do. To make a Mac OS usb, use Transmac on Windows. It has a free trial. Run the program as a admin. Format the USB with Transmac and click restore and use the file.

>not using apfs

Sad

Best Thinkpad for MacOS?

...woah....ms paint troll epic style :^O !

Clover doesn't work well with it, but you can install the proper kext to get it to work. If I can do that, I might just convert to APFS, but for now, Clover can't read APFS on my system.

Is your Hackintosh comfy, Sup Forums?

It's in System Preferences under "General". It may be new for High Sierra. I'm not sure, I haven't really used macOS since Mavericks.

Very comfy, OP. I'm unsure if I like night mode or not. It's growing on me.

Ohh, nice didn't know that. Thanks.
Does that same command work with just Sierra

Ruining a perfectly good x220 with an os for homosexuals and 16 year old girls

Sierra doesn't automatically convert to APFS, only High Sierra, so you need that command for High Sierra. I gave you that command because I thought you were going to install High Sierra.

OP posted that on Redit. on the hackintosh subredit.

/thread

Gotcha. I thought you weren't recommending it due to the exploit. My mistake. Thanks again for the patience.

I can help you with installing Mac OS on your computer. I learned from a person who codes Hackintosh projects so I should return my thanks to the community and help them. When you install, it might take a while, because you are installing on non official software. It may take an hour to finish installing, maybe not since it is easier to install with Intel processors. There are several forums for Intel and one for AMD Hackintoshes. There are also 2 or so discord channels, but you can probably install without them. I don't know how well you will be able to update, but for AMD Hackintoshes you need to run a post install script after every system update.

There is no problems with talking about Hackintosh on Sup Forums. It is technology related. If people can talk about GNU/Linux or installing Plan 9 here we can talk about installing Mac OS.

Best of both worlds is an actual Mac.

Sure you save money, but you lose the following:

-Retina display and super high resolution
-super fast SSD
-everything just working
-excellent build quality and trackpad

What the fuck resolution is this? 480p?

>Sure you save money, but you lose the following:
>Having to spend $2500 in three years

The software is obviously the worst part about Apple devices

>fruity toy OS
>technology

I did it back in 2010 or 2011, I got it working after a good bit but was really frustrating. Should be easier with my x220 though. Asked my friend to borrow his mac tomorrow so hopefully it will go good with that website.

>Buzzword display and redundant definition of the aforementioned buzzword
1080p is plenty enough for a laptop
>it literally means nothing SSD
It's not like you can buy the SSD you want and throw it in a ThinkPad anyway
>everything just working
Like with any other modern OS that isn't a super sperg version of Linux
>excellent build quality and trackpad
While I can't argue over the trackpad, everyone knows Mac's build quality is abysmal and will eventually break on, unlike a ThinkPad that's been made to last seemingly forever.

>replying to a shill's copy pasta spam
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
>not just reporting

How do you even know that something was posted on reddit? Le ironic redditor judging other reddittors on Sup Forums.
>>>/reddit/

g o d h a s s h o w n h i s f a c e
a n d i t w a s b e a u t i f u l

I was there and found a thread with OPs Hackintosh. You can find it on the Hackintosh subredit

>the only way to be rich is by carefully saving money
hate to tell you, but there are some rich morons. you can be successful in one field and unaware of wasting money in others. doctors are highly paid, but some of them use apple products because they don't know or care about the subjective flaws in apple products. The unfortunate fact of the matter is that the public doesn't care what they use as long as it does what they need even at a unnecessarily high price.

it's not ugly, it's retro.

Coud you post the wallpaper?

>t. Poorfag

>Best of both worlds?
>best
what the fuck are you smoking, macos is literally the worst part about apple products.
the hardware is ok, though overpriced. i wouldn't install macos if i got paid for it.
just use a linux distro if you want some unix-like os.

>thinkpad is so damn ugly
careful with saying things like that... you don't know what board you're on

It is ugly for sure. But that doesn't mean that it's one of the best regarding to build quality.

My issue with hackintosh is that on my desktop it's kinda slow. It's a haswell build with a 280x, I've been told time after time that GPU was nice with it but scrolling on browsers ain't that good (I don't mean mouse wheel scrolling but trackpad scrolling) where sometimes it shows a little bit of a slowdown.

Other than that works fine but of course it has the bugs that you would expect from macOS like fucking putting any password to unlock the App Store settings.

The thing is that most of what I want to do including Illustrator is available on this system and there are things I don't have to bother with that are issues that I have either on linux distros or Windows. And definitely it's doing my eyes a favor compared to Windows as well honestly.

>sacrificing USB ports
it's 2012+6, USB hubs cost like $5

>lenovo

>he ruins a perfectly fine thinkpad
>:^[

Honestly, installing macOS on hardware that's not officially supported is about as easy/hard as it is to install Linux. And get everything working. I'd rather use Linux desu. But on a mac, I'd keep macOS.

>using a non apple laptop to avoid the dongle life
>"use dongles"
genius.

God, OSX looks so good on the Dell XPS. But I prefer the inspiron 13 2-in-1. I'd kill for a all black Dell inspiron 13 2-in-1 with a better battery, slightly slimmer chassis and thunderbolt 3 ports.
Too bad touchscreen on hackintosh laptops is counter intuitive and not really that great.

DELET NOW

For a more civilized time.

If i hit Refurb.io for a laptop, which one ones generally work the best compatibilities with Mac OSX?

Elitebooks, Thinkpads, Latitudes?

I think when there was a rogue vendor selling laptops pre-loaded with macOS last year, they used an Elitebook.

unironically looks good

This. hackintosh is probably more board-related than the shitty "battlestation" threads
kys

That looks really comfy

How the fuck did you do it? I just ended in an endless loop of drivers. I install arch without even blinking.

You need the proper kext (drivers) and hardware. There are forums, places on redit, and discord channels that have people who teach you around the clock. I can teach people how to do it, also.

Do you get the screen flcker with dark colours?
My X220 has high sierra and the stock screen with that issue.