Systemd cucklets literally sit there waiting 1 min 30 every time they want to shutdown their computer

systemd cucklets literally sit there waiting 1 min 30 every time they want to shutdown their computer.

Why would you sit and wait for your computer to turn off? You can just leave, you're not using it anymore.

what if im rebooting into another OS?

>shutdown now
Wow that was hard

Runit and OpenRC don't have this problem

>not using shutdown -h now

Billy here () has autism , as such he like to make sure its off to do so he sits till the screen goes black and then presses the power button to make it go into double off. Bill needs your help. Autism speaks we listen. Donate today.

so why isnt this the default? linux has been fine for decades with just killing all processes no matter what why windows it up now?

Wow. My systemd doesn't have that problem at all.

>cucklets
Isn't that a good thing tho?

>haha it werks on my machine!!!!
here's your (You)

than you hold ctrl+alt+del

Yea the 90s timeout should be 9 seconds.
A lot of distros also ship with the wait-online meme that should die in a fire as well.
No reason to not start the desktop just because you are still connecting to the internet.
It is probably ready by the time you launch a browser anyway.

>taking the systemdick up your ass
Not even once.

>A lot of distros also ship with the wait-online meme
I honestly have no words

Something must be wrong with your setup if you have to wait that long.

it's called systemd

Go back to Windows. You deserve it.

I never had this problem on any systemdick distro I tried

my ocmputer takes 3 minutes to turn on

>When I used systemd it 1-3 minutes on average to boot
>Under sane inits like runit, it takes 10 seconds
>Systemd faggots will defend this

>why Windows it up now?
ever think about the possibility that Linux Pottery himself is a Microsoft industry plant?

no, more like, works on everyone's machine but yours, shitposter

Turn down the timeout dude. That timeout is probably meant for servers were safely killing a process matters more than shutting down quickly.

>runit
>sane init
Runit works well as a service supervisor but it sucks for init due to its lack of service dependency handling.

Fucking this. My barely optimized Gentoo sits at a fully loaded KDE 20 seconds after pressing the power button thanks to OpenRC. And systemdicklets' favorite (and only) pro-cuckd argument was
>muh boot times

Doesn't even take 15 seconds and most of what I have running is HDD IO (so some seconds are expected so it can write everything).

Maybe you should fix your configuration to be not shit that hangs.

[Oh sure, I also would have some kind of timeout for force termination, it just never triggers.]

could it be that poettering is an dumb asshole ?

>When I used systemd it 1-3 minutes on average to boot
It just doesn't. You fucked something up. Or your distro maintainers did.

Systemd has very nice tool called systemd-analyze.with arguments like "blame" to figure out which services take how much time to start / run.

>Under sane inits like runit, it takes 10 seconds
Likewise, and most of that is the kernel init and cleaning out tmpfiles and such.

yes

Systemd is still faster. I know since until recently I had both.

Not saying 20s is too slow or OpenRC is bad. I switched to systemd primarily for it having better functionality overall. The zoo of bothersome daemons that OpenRC requires is considerably cut down with systemd, and diagnostics are better, as is the overall management of the system. systemd-run, systemd-nspawn and so many other tools are a great help.

found this feature when i used to use samba shares. switched to sshfs

its not just a minute and half it resets unlimited times to a longer time

systemd has this problem that it waits infinitely for something at boot or shutdown instead of failing it and logging the problem like a sane system would do.