Virtual Lan to Lan VPN

I have to create a virtual lan to lan vpn with 3 zeroshell routers a windows 2016 server and a workstation, the only problem is, it's hard to get it working because i'm not very advanced. Could yall help me out?

give it back jamal

you will not survive in the field if you do not learn
we will not help you with your homework

You do the following:

- install virtualbox
- go to the microsoft website and download the evaluation versions of the operating systems you need. you can download basically everything with a 180 day trial period.
- then build everything in the virtual machines, connecting them with virtual networks. if you set memory low, you can easily run multiple windows server VMs at once.
- you can also use windows server to turn it into a router. you need to install multiple virtual network cards in the virtual machine, and the right services. google it.

this will take you many days, if you don't have the experience. good luck

Well i am that far, i have some knowledge and the necessary requirements but its a school project so its supposed to be challenging and it really is. could use some more help if you have the time. everything is installed and configured but the connection between the machines isnt working so i guessed i missed something

well we did learn but its kind of a problem when you never did it before and you were thrown into the deep end

- make sure the two servers are in the same virtual network
- give them static IPs in the same subnet (network adapter settings)
- protip: disable firewall! it causes a lot of problems when messing around with lab environments
- ping between the servers should work now

We have 1 server and one workstation, but it wont even ping to router let alone workstation

if the computer that you use is connected with the router, it should be possible to ping the IP of the router.

it should, it doesn't though

tell your supervisor to fix the setup

you dont know the guy :'(

imma bout to dick yo gf down cuck

explain how the setup looks like. you haven't shared any information.so far.

virtual, physical? network cards, cables? does the computer connect to anything else, e.g. internet?

well it's virtual, the picture explains it a bit but its 3 virtual zeroshell routers, 2 of them have 2 internal network cards and a host only adapter, and the central one has 2 internal network cards, 1 host only adaptor and 1 NAT (internet access) card. the server and the pc both have one internal card and the pc is supposed to get it's ip adress via DHCP. so we need to be able to ping to a random website from all the machines and to eachother. Could the different time zones be the issue behind this?

when you are on 172.18.4.1 you should be able to ping 172.19.1.1
same for the the home computer, you should be able to ping 192.168.1.1

also try other IP adresses, like the ones written with the pencil.

do your own homework tyrone

should yea, still doesn't. It gives 3 different errors when i fuck around with it, host unreachable, no response and one more.

Check if the home computer has its IP assigned via DHCP. Default gateway should be 192.168.1.1

If not, then there is something wrong with the routers. Can you access the router configuration? Maybe you need to configure them first.

well i can access it, all the IP's and subnet masks have been entered correctly in the routers, i didnt touch the home computer yet because the server isnt working properly yet.

sounds strange. i think its something with the virtual lab software you use. maybe the routers are just not turned on.. or maybe some "virtual cable" is missing or something.

share some screenshots if you like

What's your email address OP ? I might have exactly what you need? I work for Corning Inc. and back in my college days I had to set up alot of Routing and Remote access servers.

I have a .doc file from back in May of 2009 that might help you. It's worth atleast 30secs to flip through.

the problem is of a more basic nature. he cant even get ping between the computers/routers to work.

Well.... then he can't work for Corning where we have PLC's talking to PI servers with static ip's across multiple nations.

i really hope you're still online, my e-mail is
[email protected]

>[email protected]
I always am.

brainlet.jpg

I have some experience in things of this nature.

Make 7 VMs, give them all a small memory footprint distro - you could use Windows 7 with 2 GB RAM to keep things simple to start with.

Make a single internal Virtual LAN, and assign each VM a separate static IP like 192.168.1.2 and so on, and assign all 7 to the same Internal Virtual LAN. Test that they can all ping each other - and since they all have the same Internal Virtual LAN, they should be able to.

Now, make an External LAN adapter, and assign it to one of the middle VMs. Make that VM the router for all the other VMs, and now all 7 VMs have internet access.

Right now, the network topology resembles nothing like the diagram - BUT, every VM should be able to ping the other VM, and should be able to ping the Internet. This is a baseline configuration so that as you add more complexity to the network topology, you can always test these basic features on each machine and be able to test if you did something to break it.

Now, in the end-state, 3 of your VMs would be the Zeroshell router distro and properly configured - you'd create 3 new VMs and route accordingly, but don't make them all at once. Configure and roll out each Zeroshell VM one at a time, testing that the 2 basic rules are still working. You can rollback to a Windows 7 VM (you didn't delete them, did you?) in case you mess up the zeroshell config.

Hello 2016