Its time for a chair thread. Post your chair itt and any chairs you're thinking about getting

Its time for a chair thread. Post your chair itt and any chairs you're thinking about getting.
Right now I can't decide between the Ficmax or Ikea markus

amazon.com/gp/product/B07228D99F/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A2UNTKTKR9ITBR&psc=1

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00103102/#/00103102

Other urls found in this thread:

office-chairs-extra.com/enjoy-office-chair-p-2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've had one of these for ten years and have no need to replace it

office-chairs-extra.com/enjoy-office-chair-p-2.html

The markus looks like shit and the gaymen chair is likely overpriced for its level of quality.

Master race.

Enjoy your squeaking and popping sounds peasants.

why the fuck are chairs so expensive

Are there any of those racing style chairs that don't have gaudy logos plastered all over them and aren't marketed as "gaming" chairs?

Because you only buy one every 10 years, if that.

Also bigger object = higher shipping costs.

because big corporate offices don't use their budgets wisely. They need chairs? Fuck! Throw 100k at it. That's pocket change to them.

Office furniture is big business. Almost as big as the stock exchange.

Been waiting a little over a week for my chair to get here, getting super antsy.

Ordered a Steelcase Gesture with inverted colors of pic. We had a Herman Millar Aeron at work that I got to try out that made me want an endgame chair, but it just doesn't look that great.

You aren't kidding. I saw $350 flat rate shipping all over the place. Internet tells you to check Craigslist and eBay bc these chairs last and secondhand is legit, but NOT when you have to pay that shipping.

Haworth M211 from 1999.
pic related

I used a carpet cleaner on it and it cleaned up brand new but the poly bushing on the seat post just popped out again due to wear.

Not sure what I should do now. I like the chair a lot and I don't want to throw it away.

>Ordered a Steelcase Gesture
I'm sitting in a Leap V2 right now and have heard nothing but good things about the Gesture. Enjoy it dude.

I need a new chair Sup Forums. trHow do I go about choosing one? Currently using hard wooden dining table chair and my tailbone hurts after long seshes. I like to slouch or lean back a lot.

Go to an office furniture store and sit on a whole bunch?

>Anonymous 01/12/18(Fri)09:31:08 No.64272840▶
post the 400lbs american chair

Chair Mastery

I hate when this happens

Thanks man, looking forward to it. The Leap V2 looked really nice as well.

I feel like people are going to be nonplussed if they find out how much I spent on a chair.

What's the point of the style in general? I really don't understand it. Just looked like overblown gaming junk to me.

>Just looked like overblown gaming junk to me.
That's what they generally are, but there are a few aspects that are appealing.

They're in a price range for people who want something better quality than all the cheap junk office chairs that will wear out in a couple years, but don't want to spend like twice the price for something high quality like the Leap, Aeron, Gesture, etc.

They have an emphasis on thick, dense padding for cushioning that will last for long sessions of sitting for years.

Many other kinds of chairs, both cheap and expensive, are designed to have you only sit in a particular way in the chair. These chairs generally support more ways, like being able to lean the chair all the way back until it's flat, like laying on a bed. Some more ergonomic chair designs give up features some people may still want, like being able to rock the chair back and forth.

The chair shown here sells for $300, which is about the price that I'm willing to consider paying for a new chair, I'm just not fully happy with how these chairs generally are designed.

how can someone get that big?

McDonald's.

Thanks for the explanation, I guess the design does fill a niche. Certainly offers a different look than other chairs.

>Lean all the way back until it's flat
I still don't understand why anyone would want this, though.

>I still don't understand why anyone would want this, though.
When you need to take a moment to stop and think intently about something, some people like to like to get up and walk around while others like to lay down and relax their body so they can focus on their thoughts.

>Because you only buy one every 10 years
ive had mine 2 1/2 and the fake leather is flaking off

>durable
>comfy
>real leather
ill sacrifice on adjustments if it gives the chair more reliability against my fat as destroying it. give me some recs