It's clear that mining isn't going anywhere so why aren't Nvidia/AMD increasing their order sizes...

It's clear that mining isn't going anywhere so why aren't Nvidia/AMD increasing their order sizes? It's not like they benefit from retailers being able to sell them for 40% more.

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/11297/sk-hynix-announces-plans-to-ship-gddr6-memory-for-graphics-cards-in-early-2018
skhynix.com/eng/pr/pressReleaseView.do?seq=2086&offset=1
anandtech.com/show/12027/samsung-preannounces-16-gbps-gddr6-chips-for-nextgen-graphics-cards
youtu.be/1FaghGZSVME
developer.nvidia.com/capture-sdk
steamcommunity.com/groups/homestream/discussions/0/490125103626704042/?ctp=2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tensor_processing_unit
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/nouveau
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The fabs are already running at maximum output. They'd need to build new fabs to make more chips.

rx vega is rarer than gold now.
i can't find anywhere

>It's clear that mining isn't going anywhere
Or is it

You can find gold lying around on the roadside.

>tfw only have 1050ti
I ain't paying hundreds and hundreds of dollars above msrp. fuck the miners

Both Nvidia and AMD want to end component based PCI-E card based GPUs for gaming, restrict it to a segment they control via APUs, and spin compute forward GPUs into professional level price margins. Thus, they're playing into the supply shortage, allowing prices to ramp up like crazy, while they spin out the APU revolution. It's not guaranteed it will gain traction. So, if/when they fail, they will have opened up themselves to a full on assault against their projected trillion dollar GPU compute segment that hasn't fully matured.

AMD :
They literally cancelled production and there are no AIBs
Nvidia :
Delaying Volta because its not intended to be a gaming GPU .. the prices will skyrocket and they'll show their hand on the compute only GPU con along w/ pusing gamers into their cloud gaming service and APU (Nvidia shield/BFG). Meanwhile production is trickling out just to keep people starved enough and making people become comfortable w/ paying $700-$1k for a pcie-GPU

Vega is a mess for gaming. Just buy Nvidia.

>literal trillion dollar industry

why wouldn't AMD just keep the chips and mine for themselves.

Yes, goy. Just buy nVidia.

>memes
go back to /r/ayymd

Vega 56 is very good for games.

I want that open source linux driver that works with wayland though. I'm fine with it not being the best perf/$ within reason but they literally just don't exist.

Performance is really good.
I runt on on 4K games. 60fps

>have a GTX 680
guess I get to >just wait some more

That's probably why there's a fucking shortage.

A GTX 1050ti can be had for under $200 and will outclass that 680

A 2400G will be $170 and outclass that 1050ti

No point to spend $200 on something with nearly the same performance.

Nvidia is transitioning to Volta/Ampere, why would they increase production of Pascal when it's going to be phased out soon?

1080ti is even better.

Nvidia's clearly pushing volta out as far as they fucking can to milk the industry. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't get the first volta avail until july/aug w/ those fucks if that. Radeon isn't refreshing vega until 2019. Also, from the looks of volta V, there isn't fuck all exciting about volta except die shrinking. HBM2 is likely only going to go in their pro cards, titan V, and possible the highest end volta. Knowing these fucks they're gonna milk GDDR some more. So, desu, i'm not fucking impressed or holding my breath for volta especially since they've been so goddamn tight lipped about it. I dont think anyone is waiting. It's not like AMD has an ace up their sleave so its literally Nvidia holding back because they can

Are you retarded?

GDDR6 is superior to overpriced, underwhelming HBM2 + interposer in cost and ease of integration and you get more bandwidth from GDDR6 than 2 stack HBM2 flop like Pooga

anandtech.com/show/11297/sk-hynix-announces-plans-to-ship-gddr6-memory-for-graphics-cards-in-early-2018

skhynix.com/eng/pr/pressReleaseView.do?seq=2086&offset=1

>The product operates with an I/O data rate of 16Gbps(Gigabits per second) per pin, which is the industry’s fastest. With a high-end graphics card, this DRAM processes up to 768GB(Gigabytes) of graphics data per second. SK Hynix has been planning to mass produce the product for a client to release high-end graphics card by early 2018 equipped with high performance GDDR6 DRAMs.

anandtech.com/show/12027/samsung-preannounces-16-gbps-gddr6-chips-for-nextgen-graphics-cards

Gddr takes much more space than hbm2 does. And space=money. Also Samsung just announced their 2gen hbm2 which a sing 8GB chip has 307GB/sec that means a meger 2 chips gives 614GB/sec and 16 GB RAM. HBM2 is here to stay and it will only get better. Until hbm3.

614GB/s is still LESS than 768GB/s, math obviously isn't your strong suite

HBM2 + interposer is nothing but an expensive flop and no even AMD can increase the amount of Pooga cards available to the market

Fucking gamers want to use industrial components as toys.

when is it going to hit the market?

>cheaper ram
>lower power consumption
>assuming it's not going to be a miner's dream
You fags are all delusional if you think miners won't snatch these up.

(you)

Who still hawaii here?

The 768GBs is only on 384bit wide buses and only if the memory hits its maximum speed. Gddr5 was also supposed to hit 14 or 15gbps per pin and never did. Standard graphics cards will stay on 256bit at 512GBs.

i mean all of this benefits nvidia in the end, why would they do something to fix this situation.

I could easily sell my RX Vega 56 for dould the amount (possibly more) than I paid for it. Madness.

Both companies paranoically fear building the GPU inventory.

>double
fixed

I'm not sure they'll kill PCI-E GPUs just yet, but i do think it's fairly feasible we'll see CPU style socket GPUs that share the same memory as the CPU in the next couple of years. Maybe with 1-2gb of HBM built in.

Because they are a part of this jewish plot.

that's not what the poster was talking about at all.

To deliver reasonable APU performance... what can AMD do? My only thought is to adopt the Threadripper socket for giant fat 8core/16thred 50 CU type APUs or something.

I think theres speculation about a 24CU AM4 APU but what performance could that theoretically get? the minimum acceptable is 1060(3gb) or 570 levels

>>literal trillion dollar industry
>why wouldn't AMD just keep the chips and mine for themselves.
If they want to do this they'd better just make powerful Bitcoin Asics which run easily faster and are more efficient than GPUs for this task. Specialized hardware is really faster and more energy efficient than programmable one, it's just that it will only do just one task

>Asics
Most new crypto currencies use ASIC-resistant algorithms. Ethereum's Ethash was specifically designed to be optimal on GPUs.

Bitcoin mining works like a computing power auction lottery, the more you compute the more you're likely to win. it just leads to a senseless escalation in computing power and energy consumption. It will come to a point where most will end up paying more electricity than the Bitcoin they win

So why do they want to push the APU thing? Isn't it to early to try implement it effectively. Like have it actually compete with their own current GPUs? Wouldn't they have have to gimp on power. I mean my 1060 3gb is like lower mid tier but that things bulky as fuck and generates quite a bit of heat

They've made some really good software (can't believe I've forget the right word) on Vega and their new crimson live software( I've forget its name too) is really impressive and can mitigate a lot of the power consumption issues it had. youtu.be/1FaghGZSVME

It doesn't solve the computing escalation and speculation problem. It just makes hardware mining harder, making also the hashing more resistant to brute force, but doesn't avoid mining to get unnecessary difficult. I don't know if things like proof of stake could solve this

Your regular lad considers consoles to do perfectly fine for his gaming needs. Console levels of performances are not too unreasonable to aim for, while lower-end APUs would target e-sports and cheapo gamers.

I suppose you advocate for 32gb ram for gaming PC.

>Your regular lad considers consoles to do perfectly fine for his gaming needs. Console levels of performances are not too unreasonable to aim for, while lower-end APUs would target e-sports and cheapo gamers.
Yeah I know but that. Though that doesn't really help nvidia since and basically owns the console market. So your saying the apus are only expected for lower end performance. But you reckoned that its apus that are holding back the GPU market now. Its still the only feasible option I reckon for atleast 5 years they got navi and such on the way.
I think I might of missed read you anyways I'll leave my post up
So you think nvidia is just gonna sit on its ass and wait for navi to come before they release something?

Nvidia doesn't give a shit about mining, if there's a shortage of geforces they just consider it as a lot of gaymers buying them.

Their main focus right now is not really related to video games, it's AI research and no miner (no matter how much of a pseudo billionaire he says he is here on Sup Forums) will be able to afford racks of teslas and that new chip, Xavier.

AMD did acknowledge mining as a market though, but that was because their pro series vega flopped hard and they had to reduce it's price to 800 bucks and change it's name to "blockchain pioneers" I shit you not.
Trying to sell a vega as a pro card when most software works like shit with OpenCL when at same time they run perfectly in cuda was the biggest issue of that card, pros just went with nvidia because industry standard.
Other reason people prefer AMD for mining is because of it's open source drivers that can be tweaked for extra hashes.

The shortage is only going in certain countries by the way, yesterday we had a thread of even brazilians having cheaper GTX cards in there, so nvidia and amd technically do have a proper supply going on, it's just that in some places retards are buying all the cards they can see for muh buttcoin and some of you guys are getting fucked by it.

On a global scale, miners don't even scratch supply of these things.
There's nothing more to it, no evil conspiracy or whatever but you guys can keep talking about it and trying to make some story about evil AMD and Nvidia reducing supplies because evil corporations or something.

>Nvidia doesn't give a shit about mining
But they do.
Jensen even said so ffs.
>Their main focus right now is not really related to video games, it's AI research
No matter what Jensen says on stage, gayming is still NV's money maker.
>Trying to sell a vega as a pro card when most software works like shit with OpenCL when at same time they run perfectly in cuda was the biggest issue of that card, pros just went with nvidia because industry standard.
Not every pro workload is GPGPU numbercrunching. Most, well, "pro" software uses good old D3D or OGL.
>On a global scale, miners don't even scratch supply of these things.
They are literally vacuuming up the GPU supply loooong before it even reaches retailers.
They buy them straight from the AIBs.

There's something strange in this push for APUs. You increase die sizes by integrating so much with somewhat unrelated processes creating memory bottlenecks, you get also more defects due to the chips sizes even if a 486sx style policy would be possible by selling chips a deactivated GPU or reduced core numbers. GPUs with dedicated memory are faster , separation from cpu make cooling easier. Would global cost to performance possibly improve with this move?

>On a global scale, miners don't even scratch supply of these things.
If this where remotely true, why are cards selling at twice their retail value?
SOUNDS TO ME LIKE JIMMY MINECRAFT'S NOT GONNA BE GETTING HIS NEW RIG THIS CHRISTMAS AFTER ALL

if only there were a way to scale up production

Considering this shit's on the horizon, and needs
SIX FUCKING TIMES the fill rate of the vive, that's the power of six fucking RX 480's, if anyone's serious about the VR meme then APU's just won't fucking cut it, son.

GPU mining will slowly die once Ethereum switches to Proof-of-Stake (instead of the current Proof-of-Work model), Monero gets busted by first world governments, and other shitcoins being flooded with the Ethereum/Monero refugee miners and driving the profits down.
inb4
>they will just mine something else xD
honest to god please neck yourself if you think that will happen. you need to be really really dense to not understand the fault in that logic. mining is only viable when there are tons of speculative investments, and or a lot of transactions. each miner needs like a thousand non miners in order to make a hint of a profit.

GDDR6 is not superior to HBM2, in fact it will be end-up being more expensive and suffer the same supply issues through early parts of its life. There's a reason why both Nvidia and AMD RTG are moving away from GDDR5x in their high-end SKUs that need memory bandwidth.

GDDR5 is only cheap because it is old and matured as fuck. GDDR5x is pricey because yields are shitty and vendors have to spend more on tracing and PCB board design to ensure those ultra-high clockspeeds work. GDDR6 is going make the same problems even worse since is meant to operate at insane clockspeeds.

GDDRx is pretty much a dead-end technology if you need more memory bandwidth.

> (OP)
>GPU mining will slowly die once Ethereum switches to Proof-of-Stake (instead of the current Proof-of-Work model), Monero gets busted by first world governments, and other shitcoins being flooded with the Ethereum/Monero refugee miners and driving the profits down.
GPU mining will die from hash algorithms made to run faster on cpu and from lower rewards. Government will have an hard time fighting against black market changers.
>inb4
>>they will just mine something else xD
>honest to god please neck yourself if you think that will happen. you need to be really really dense to not understand the fault in that logic. mining is only viable when there are tons of speculative investments, and or a lot of transactions. each miner needs like a thousand non miners in order to make a hint of a profit.
Blockchain's hashes don't need as much computing as actual Bitcoin to be secure . Miner numbers should return to a more reasonable level without this insane competition

Complete wrong, in fact that is most likely that customer-tier Volta will beat GCN at mining in terms of raw performance and efficiency.

Customer-tier Voltas are going to be a lot more potent at general compute. There's a reason why Nvidia is forcing its enterprise customer to sign EULA that pretty tells them not to use customer-tier GPUs becuase the difference between Telsa and Geforce at general compete are going just firmware and having "validated" drivers.

>Monero gets busted by first world governments
i.e. you outlaw public trading.

Demand for an anonymous currency will stay the same, but you just outlawed public trading. The black market will flourish and mining will be even more attractive, as an easy way to acquire XMR.

Thank you for this bread user

I was talking about them trying to split consumer PCIE-GPU market into two whereby they try to jam 'gaymers' into APUs/BFG (big format gaming - Nvidia's APU or cloud GPUs) and then ratchet up the premiums for the mid/high end GPUs into the professional level pricing. It's what they're doing right now by conditioning people to pay $700-$1k for 2 year old GPUs by playing supply games. It's why Nvidia also changed its user policy regarding consumer GPUs. They're but hurt about not being able to charge pro level pricing for mid/high end consumer GPUs. Currently the fucking consumer GPUs are going for as much as quadros so objective achieved. People will then be likely to pay such money for Volta. See the trick being pulled here?
^this.

Wait, Volta isn't intended to be used for gaming?

APUs would kill PC modding as we know it. No more hardware upgrades just to play modded games. You would have to wait till APUs get better and return to an older title to squeeze more out of it, but modding communities rarely develop for older games that originally didn't have any.

I've outlined this partially.. Essentially the low end GPUs are super low margin for these guys. The idea into business is to constantly push your customers into higher margin products and also upsell peripheral services. Getting your customers to do something like lease shit is the holy grail profit model known as recurring revenue .. aka cloud computing. Nvidia's pushing this as their cloud GPU service. They've done some really dick shit in drivers/firmware to gimp consumer GPUs to make this a thing. You'd be surprised to know your consumer GTX cards have hardware features for streaming/frame capture/etc that used to be available but were gimped some time ago in a driver update once they found out people were using it for a market they didn't predict.
> Back to APUs.
So, essentially its in Radeon and Nvidia's best interest to squeeze as much gaymen into APUs as they can so that they can then pump mid/high-end GPU prices into the stratosphere, garner higher profit margins, and be able to tell a growth story to their share holders.
> Nvidia has APUs via : Nvidia's Shield and they have cloud gaming they're pushing. It's what leather jacket man refers to as BFG
> Radeon has ryzen APUs they're clearly pushing and will attempt to segment/wedge the market alongside and in collusion w/ nvidia .. Even intel is in on the game

How they will soar mid/high end profit margins :
> Nvidia's holding back Volta launch until APUs gain traction
> AMD cut production of vega until 2019
Also, you'll note the the price climb of GPUs and the lack of supply.. So, they're going to rage push APus on thirsty people looking for solutions.. once its saturated they'll relaunch consumer GPUs at pro level pricing and push the (compute accelerator) meme.
So, that's what's going on. I can dig into this further if you'd like

- Indigo

Read :
Let me know if you have questions after... And yes, these two fucks plan on limiting supply of current consumer GPUs such that the price sticks at the price of Pro level quadros and pushing the APU meme well into summer. Volta isn't coming until much later in the year launched as a COMPUTE Accelerator w/ GPU duties being secondary and Navi will launch in the same vein.

The larger play is HSA if you haven't already heard of it but these guys intend the milk the shit out of the market until then as they don't want to cannibalize their pro market. It's why you're seeing Nvidia do asinine shit like rewrite the terms of agreements for consumer GPUs in their new driver update. They're trying to protect and ensure their pro level profit margins by intentionally slowing, segmenting, and steering the market :
> Poor Fag
> Rich Fags
No more middle fags.
If you've ever dug through the micro-architectural feature differences between GTX/Quadro/Tesla cards you'll notice that there isn't much of a difference besides them intentionally gimping shit in drivers/firmware/software. Geforce experience for instance uses :
developer.nvidia.com/capture-sdk
The hardware is present in all Geforce cards but they only allow access to their software and steam. Nvidia's Cloud GPU service uses the same geforce cards you have unlocked streaming the shit to you for an eventual fee. You could do the same w/ your geforce card but they intentionally locked it out in a prior Driver update before people would notice and started using it in mass :
> steamcommunity.com/groups/homestream/discussions/0/490125103626704042/?ctp=2
They locked out NVFBC in a driver update.

Time for the red-pill on what's going on Lads.

- Indigo

It's a wedge play intended to keep the profit margin ball rolling as technology forces convergence and reduced margins. 'Wedge play' : Attempting to wedge a product/service/business play into market forces acting against you.

The long term goal is : HSA. It isn't a goal that is profit friendly to GPU companies as it opens up the CPU to any accelerator on a common bus. Infinity fabric is the 'memed' version of a high-speed direct connection to the CPU. Now imagine someone creating a new type of compute card like google did : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tensor_processing_unit that kicks the shit out of GPUs. Imagine if AMD had opened up infinity fabric and someone releases this kind of card.. Both Leather Jacket man and Raj's ex Radeon's trillion dollar prospectus compute market would go up in f00kin smoke. So, no one wants that.. AMD got the jump on intel and laughed hehe.. Leather jacket man stated Cars are his as is AI. Intel was salty and so AMD threw them a bone. They all sat down and agreed : The market is moving to fast and is going to cannibalize us.. So now you get the APU meme. The bastard child that gives them a buffer... A literal TV/VCR combo that stiffles the CPU and relegates it to yester-years 4 core model taking up valuable real-estate and becoming obslete in no-time... and ofc the rent model : Cloud gaming. They're all in on it : Intel, AMD, Nvidia.
The 'supply' shortage is to condition people to insanely priced mid/high end GPUs. All they want is the pro market margins.

- Indigo

VR is a fucking meme.
GPU companies dumped tons of money into it w/o ROI so they're gonna let it rot on a vine now OR it will just cost you $1k+ for a GPU that is suitable for it. They did their research and know there are no volume sales there.. thus, they're not going to give you a power house card that can be re-purposed for compute at current prices.

- Indigo

> Customer-tier Voltas are going to be a lot more potent at general compute
They're going to be a lot more fucking potent in price too.

Titan XP = $1,200
Titan V = $3,000

GTX cards median ~$500
Get ready to pay $1k for Volta consumer
The supply games are presently here to condition dat ass.

> There's a reason why Nvidia is forcing its enterprise customer to sign EULA that pretty tells them not to use customer-tier GPUs becuase the difference between Telsa and Geforce at general compete are going just firmware and having "validated" drivers.
Nvidia does this on a rolling basis. They literally release the cards slightly open to see what interesting things consumers/etc use them for (thus the telemetry software) and then they lock it down as time goes on w/ driver updates/new agreements. It's sleezy as fuck but right there for you to see if you look close enough.

Volta's gonna launch after they convince the masses and momentum to adopt the APU/Cloud Gaming meme. It's going to launch at dam near double what GTX cards are going for. They're currently testing the new market for this w/ supply induced insane pricing.. and people are sure enough paying $700/$800/$1k for GPUs so that's where they're going to launch the prices. If you question it, they'll reply : Just buy an APU Gaymen or use Cloud GPUs poorfag. Writing is as plane as day.

That being said, it's not that volta/navi/vega-relaunch will be that much more expensive its that they want 1.5-2x profit margins to appease shareholders who want growth and they know they can get away with it.

- Indigo

>- Indigo

I'm here senpai. Here to drop seeds when need be about what's coming. Some seeds are meant for the archives.. So, shhh let them slip through

is it possible for opensources drivers codecs to run in parity or even better then what is being given on gpu updates?

AMD is going the route of full open source drives but that still doesn't mean they don't nigger gimp the hardware in firmware and bios. Nvidia is likely going to remain closed and proprietary for the forseeable future although there's wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/nouveau but its nothing compared to the binary blob from nvidia.

awh shit, well doesnt sound like a promising future. thanks for all the info its a very interesting discussion and really does make sense with all the moves gpu manus have been pulling lately

Its what they are likely attempting. It doesn't mean it will be a success by any means. VR is one such meme that never gained traction that was pushed and lots of money lost... 3D video/movies.. Happens all the time in business.

>if only there were a way to scale up production
More money, which they don't want to spend
Then why does Sony seem to think there is still a market? They've sold millions of their own units.
>GDDRx is dead
You don't think they'll find a way to increase yields?
With all this locking shit and disabling features I've always wondered why can't people unlock the features themselves. Like a custom driver or something like a crack?

GDDR6 has 3 manufacturers in Samsung, SK Hynix and Micron and yields are certainly better and prices are lower than HBM2 flop, don't listen to this AYYMD cocksucker's lies

AYYMD can't deliver much if any Pooga + HBM2 modules and it really tells you the terrible state HBM2 is in, a massive flop that needed 2 fucking years to get to where it was suppose to be, 1TB/s of memory bandwidth

Because VR has niche but solid appeal. Which will expand in a few years, assuming it's still around in a few years, when headsets have significantly better screens and more mainstream hardware catches up with the requirements. Microsoft's focus on hand tracking done by the headset rather than any in-room setup is also probably going to help there.

Yeah that's why Sony plans on sticking with it. Its still not quite there yet but with like what you said about Microsoft. There is still a market for it to grow in and it'll only get better. The problem with when vr first started hiting the market was an amalgamation of shit. Low supply, high price no real games. But there are devs that are starting to really try new things out. I think by 20years max vr will be far bigger and more mainstream. Kinda like how gamings creeped up to Normie's now

Yeah. I got a Vive within a month or so of release and while I loved it initially, inside three months it was out of my setup and hiding in a closet. However since I dropped a 1080 in my PC recently I've gotten it back out and between the ironed out technical issues and the greator software support? Shit's magical all over again but this time with real games too. Hopefully things like Doom VFR and LA Noire represent the start of AAA attention for the headsets rather than the end of it. LA Noire in particular is kind of stunning in a way I haven't been in a long time.

Samsung has just literally announced 2.4Gbps HBM2. Hynix also has it in their catalogue.
So G6 seems pretty DOA for anything but the cheapest SKUs (that can use G5 anyway).

>why wouldn't AMD just keep the chips and mine for themselves.
because during a gold rush you sell picks

Yeah that interests me too. AAA games getting vr support. Must be like a whole new experience.
But it must get tiring using vr considering the extra physical effort you have to put in

but they would keep the picks and sell the gold by themselfes in this analogy

simple math:
bitcoin price times bitcoin amount
it isnt that big as you imagine

I seriously feel bad for anti-mining people

GPU stock were empty from April of 2017 and lasted until Sept of 2017.

Then they had about a week of MSRP prices. Many rejoiced and waited for better prices. Reasonable, who wouldn't?

A week later Crypto prices exploded.

Mining is now more profitable than ever. Yes, even before the beginning of 2017 or back in 2013.

A Vega 64 now mines $12 a day. It'll pay itself off in 60 days if price remains the same. But it won't. Price for monero is forecasted to at least triple.

At this rate there won't be any GPU stock until 2020.

>using industrial components to do artificially crated and pushed work
hahaha

why aren't you mining to keep yourself warm in winter?

>look at this dude
You can put 4 stacks of HBM with no problems, that means 1228GB/s. You can put even more stacks if you want to.

how much MH/s on ethereum is that?

So as someone who enjoys games... wat do?

Get a fucking switch or playstation (while you can)

PC gaming is dead. Accept it faggot.

Not him but I cant play games like Cities Skylines with a console

Actually, theres a PS4 port.

Oh lel...

Face it user, that steam account was the worst investment of your life. In a couple of years PC ports will dry up because well. Nobody can play games on them any more. Except i dunno, low end shit that can be played on integrated graphics.

I'm already mining crypto on my Switch though

If AMD knows that vendors are not shy to selling crates of Radeons, they'll focus on these buyers slowly.

By not ramping up production for everyone and instead focusing on these bulk purchasers, they are not susceptible to a BTC pop, and make more money per transaction.

Face it, you're not buying 20,000 Radeons.

AMD knows this, but they want to satisfy buy offering a CPU and GPU all in one package, because it's efficient to have multiple of one type of fabrication, rather than it is to have less of many kinds.

For instance, Qualcomm is more inportant to the world than Intel, nowadays, but their market cap is similar. Intel makes smaller quanties of transactions for a higher reward.

If you look down the road, Qualcomm could take Intel's place, but at a 10x fold increment because Qualcomm has a larger and larger userbase, as does MediaTek, and Samsung.

If you ask me, TSMC is the one who should be getting fatter.

Fucking shitcoiners want to ruin a market and then lose all their savings

To sum it all up, Nvidia and AMD's GPU division got by for a long while selling minute amounts of graphics cards and ammased the technology to attract large corportations and buyers, with no looking back. The industry evolves, leaving the past as the past.

Final note

Qualcomms market cap rose 100B in 6-7 years, from 68B to nearly 200B.

NVDA is sitting at 135B, but they're 10x as volatile in only 2 years.

Who do you invest in? Not NVDA.