Would you use an addon for your smartphone that adds this keyboard?

Would you use an addon for your smartphone that adds this keyboard?

If it didn't need to be charged separately and was slim enough, then sure.

no but i'd love to have one of these

This!!

100% make it large enough to be usable as well

I've become obsessed with bezels and ultra thin devices so probably not.

Maybe if it used a slim USB connector instead of bluetooth. Make it a bit thicker and it could double as an external battery too.

Could fit a real analog in with the extra space inside.

The E7 is 4", a landscape keyboard on a 5" phone should be more than usable.

Or maybe a folding design

No. Sticking a keyboad on a phone would be retarded because shit integration.

I did what every sane person who wants a qwerty phone would do and got a priv.

i like silicone cases

No. Why?

>because shit integration.
What did he mean by that? Android supports hw keyboards since 1.0.

GIVE US SONY UX

what

>keyboard addon.

Op talks about mods for the phone. Like the moto z keyboard mod or the samsung type cover. Don't tell me that those work better than an already imbeded keyboard

Why not just get a Passport or Priv? I got the passport a few months back and haven't looked back, I love it

>Passport
Dead OS
>Priv
Xbox hueg, runs hot

They work exactly the same.

No, my smartphone already has a better keyboard.

no

...Paper please

My ass... tell me how those keyboards have backlight. Oh... they don't. Tell me about the keyboard trackpad. Oh... those don't have that functionality. Tell me how those mods stick better to the device than a already designed keyboard

Thanks user

You can connect a mechanical keyboard so that invalidates any advantages a built-in keyboard might have. Such a small keyboard isn't any better than software keyboard.

Is this top-heavy? If I'm typing out something log enough you need a full qwerty keyboard I think I'd want the screen wider than tall.

Mechanical means nothing when it's 10x the size of the phone

I don't see why it would be, you slide the screen up and the rest of the phone stays in your hand

Keyboard has a minimum usable size. Beyond that it's just a toy.

I agree. Good thing physical cellphone keyboards are within that usable size.

I'm yet to see a 9 inch phone keyboard, care to enlighten me?

I have no issues using my Q10's keyboard, maybe you should try losing some weight.

And I have no problems using a software keyboard, but both are toys, equally inconvenient. And hardware keyboard is useless for bilingual speakers.

>both are toys
Maybe for you, I use mine as a tool.
>And hardware keyboard is useless for bilingual speakers
Depends on the languages. If I spoke English and Spanish I'd still have a BlackBerry.

I don't envy you if you have to use such tools

I don't have to, I choose to due to their superiority over the alternatives.

I'm talking about a hypothetical device.
Not anything currently on the market because they can't be attached to a phone, except those that literally work on one specific phone model.
No reason any of those features can't be added,

>I'm talking about nonexistent alternatives

So?

So they can't work exactly the same if one doesn't fucking exist.

But there's no real reason one can't be designed to.
I'm not asking for purchase advice, I'm asking if people would use something like this, and what they'd like out of it.

Until one is designed to do so, they do not work the same.

I have used an addon for a keyboard. The addon's are never as good as a built in one. But still better then touch garbage so yes I would still use it.

Too bad android forces triple buffered vsync with no option for apps to use their own compositor.
Mobile gaming is trash.

How the fuck are tiny buttons like that better than touch? When you get to a certain size of button, with the buttons being bunched up, capacitive button just make sense.

You can feel when you pressed the wrong key, something impossible to do on a completely smooth surface such as a touchscreen keyboard.

It sounds like you never used a qwerty phone.

Those keyboards have the same size as the capacitive one just with the added benefit of feeling like a real device centered around typing

You also have to put significantly more pressure on each keypress.
Autocorrect is in a decent state these days
You can use a virtual keyboard horizontally or vertically
Doesn't make your phone fat as fuck
You're still typing with your thumbs

I get it, I like physical buttons too, but there's absolutely no way a keyboard of that size works better than a capacitive one. Theyre a meme, blackberrys were also trash. You never see people with third party ones, so people clearly agree they're a waste.

>You also have to put significantly more pressure on each keypress.
I prefer this.
>Autocorrect is in a decent state these days
Don't need it, I have a physical keyboard.
>You can use a virtual keyboard horizontally or vertically
I can't tell you a single time I've ever thought "man, I wish I could type in landscape mode so I can further fuel my masochism"
Doesn't make your phone fat as fuck
I don't see why lacking the keyboard would make my phone any thinner. Besides, I wouldn't want my phone to be any thinner, it's comfortable to hold the way it is.
>You're still typing with your thumbs
No fucking shit.
>there's absolutely no way a keyboard of that size works better than a capacitive one.
I disagree wholeheartedly.
>blackberrys were also trash
The only trash here are your opinions.

>You also have to put significantly more pressure on each keypress.
Do you have bird bones or something?

You're still typing with your thumbs in landscape, you just don't have to stretch your thumbs. It's significantly easier typing in landscape.
I use cherry MX blacks my dude, try again. I never said it was hard, it's just slower.

>you just don't have to stretch your thumbs
I think you've got landscape and portrait confused.

Ye mb

>it's just slower.
I repeat, do you have bird bones?
How pathetically fragile are your fingers that pressing a physical, sub-1mm travel button is that hard?
I don't even like physical keyboards on a phone but your argument is fucking stupid

>Blacks
bird bones confirmed

Autocorrect is garbage, I use it every day and it makes my day into a struggle of frustrating. Atleast it finishes some word. But I didn't need a fucking auto correct before when I had a built-in keyboard. They are just so much better in the way they feel.
>pic related I downgraded to this phone 3 fucking time just because of the keyboard.

Nokia made some of the best keyboard phones.

I never said it was hard you fat faggot. With capacitive I don't even have to touch the screen for a keyboard to actuate, I'm literally slapping my screen with my thunbs.. A physical button requires significantly more pressure than nothing at all retard.

>With capacitive I don't even have to touch the screen for a keyboard to actuate
This isn't a pro

I'll never understand this argument. You aren't touch typing with your thumbs, and you instantly know what key you press on a virtual one because it highlights it. You're also typing landscape which is way more travel for your thumbs.

Sidekick was the best phone format ever.

>every camslut on stickam had one.

You realise how close you have to get, right? I'm talking strictly from a pressure sense. But clearly you're too fucking retarded to have this conversation. If you're struggling with the concept between slapping a display Vs hitting a physical button, that's down to your own inexperience. Touch is good, as evidenced by nobody wanting or using keyboards in the real world.

>You aren't touch typing with your thumbs
Not him but I am.

Slapping a display means whichever key my thumb was on the most is the one that's pressed. Typing with physical keys means I can feel if I mistyped.

Yeah well that is a benefit you fucking idot. On a physical keyboard you can touch the keyboard without typing a key. Beacuse you are in control, that level of control is lost on a touch screen. On a touch keyboard you have to keep your finger away from the screen and you if you are just a little bit apart from the key you're trying to press then you get the wrong key, or like 3 wrong keys because it's easy to fuck up again and again on a touch keyboard.
>"You aren't touch typing with your thumbs"
when I had a physical keyboard for my phone I was touch typing all the time. Took a little time to learn the keyboard for the phone and then I never needed to look at the keyboard. Not the same for a virtual one.
landscape provide more room for my fingers.

>useless for bilingual
My passport did the transition from German to English seamlessly, on my keyone I have to shift the autocorrect from one to another, thanks android
Weirdly enough when I use it with both hands it feels kinda top heavy, when I hold it in one hand and swipe on the physical keyboard it feels perfectly balanced
Yes, I want to add it to my passport and post it on Sup Forums to trigger some anons

No. Hardware locked keyboards are shit. Cannot be customized, must be redesigned for each language separately, and waste space. For example, BlackBerry's screen suffers because of the keyboard. This Nokia does fix that problem but introduces a new one, having to use the device in landscape mode. However, if I already wanted to type in landscape mode then a hardware keyboard or an external one would be better.
I literally can't go back to anything from AnySoftKeyboard as it's symbol placement is just too good.

This. Sony should make a new gen Xperia Play. I would buy it instantly.

All gaming is trash. But there's no reason not to use vsyinc.

No because already have a keyboard
But I would if I didn't

>covers your camera
>have slide out the keyboard and clumsily hold the thing open

>hardware keyboards are useless for bilingual speakers
No they're not
On blackberrys not only do you have a shortcut to swap languages (alt+enter) you also have the option for bilingual autocorrect

>Keyone
Great Camera and performance, stock android

Ages ago there was a great bluetooth add-on for iPhones some guy was selling that was basically a blackberry keyboard. They got sued by blackberry for copyright iirc, but if I used an iPhone I'd have bought it the day I saw it was being sold. It just made the phone tall which was no good.

no because im not a fucking virgin loser

I wish they'd bring back physical keyboards that weren't just on shitty Blackberry phones.

What about a vertical one?

I feel like Moto Z platform really dropped the ball when they didn't launch the phone without a single input device.
No gamepad, no keyboard, just batterys and projectors and speakers.
I bought another phone since my D4 was on its last legs, and they're just now releasing a keyboard backpack but it looks like garbage.
Every time one of these QWERTYs fails it makes the manufacturer less likely to make another one.
If BB would have just unlocked their bootloader, then Priv would be master race, but that one thing kept it from being widely accepted and it didn't sell as well as it could have.

Disgusting