Are there any decent modern laptops that don't use an x86 processor?

No

chromebook ARM

Just emulate some other architecture

fpbp

if by 'decent' you mean modern levels of performance in games and flawless 10bit 4K playback, then the answer is a resounding 'no'
if you mean good battery life or free hardware, the answer is 'kind of' to 'yes'
chromebooks aren't terrible once you fuck it enough to get linux working well

Not since the last PowerBook rolled off the shelves.
There's absolutely nothing 99% of the people who ask this retarded question Sup Forums do that would differ noticeably on a different architecture anyway. Just buy a chromebook or one of those SBC laptop kits if you want to be a retarded hipster.

I actually learned how to use one of these when i was a child

Powerbook G4 is the best you'll get in modern terms.

12" PowerBook G4 is the GOAT

still have the 1,67GhZ 15". works like a charm with 10.5.

There are a few ARM notebooks/netbooks you can install a desktop gahnoo+loonix on.

That being said "decent" can mean a lot of things.

Yeam uh, I mean, x86 / x64 CPUs do that anyways.

That's my current laptop, borrowing it from friend since my 12" G4's battery died

they aged pretty well, thinking about reactivating mine just for fun with some obscure ppc-distro. designwise they look way better than macbooks, the keyboard is also near classic thinkpad tier.

Snapdragon is pushing into that market, but it's botnet as FUCK.

Seriously, the way things are going soon you won't even be able to buy a laptop at all. It's going to be all tablets. Tablets with glass screens that break easily so you buy a new one sooner, embedded SOC LTE radios that are always on and backdoored into your CPU, non-removable batteries and storage, bloatware, required phone numbers and real names.. ACCOUNTS REQUIRED!

We'll have to stay on legacy x86 and other weak shit soon because the immovable forces of intel and amd will absorb everything and help their government buddies get their fingers in everyone's ass. And google and microsoft will continue to nig your personal fucking data at all costs for a quick buck.

Go for OpenBSD, all the PowerPC Linux distros I've tried have some issue or another.

i'll look into it, thanks user!

There are ARM chromebooks but almost all of them lack enough storage to be useful.

>tfe you can never escape intel's management engine

I want off this ride.

>x64
What on earth are you talking about? You mean x86-64?

>legacy x86 and other weak shit
There is nothing wrong with x86. Stop falling for the FUD spread by the very entities you seem to be (somewhat justifiably) paranoid of.

>there is nothing wrong with x86
You can only polish a turd so much.

GNU processors fucking WHEN?

>x86 and a RISC instructions set
>works fine without extra firmware, but upgradeable with free firmwares
>coreboot/trannyboot support from the start
>may contain VGA chip, compatible with the latest VESA specifications
>no obligatory management engine, but support having one. In the ME you can install a tiny libre system for ring -3 debugging if you wish. Disableable with a jumper.

Anybody know when the mill cpu is shipping? Is it still vaporware? Are they vulnerable to spec ex attacks? Its been awhile since ive seen any of their videos and dont remember if they even did speculation since its coming from the DSP world.

arm and they suck

probably very hard to get in good condition now. all macs i see are usually damaged or discolored at best.

enjoy your shit tier browser performance.

It's going to be a long time before you ever see mill hardware.

Do you own that tadpole one ? Also have one but can't post pics.

The iPad Pro.

Did lemote stop making laptops? RMS had one but it was old anyway.

the turned proprietary

Like Linux and Windows for C, and sockets for network programming, x86 has done alot to convince people that assembly programming is hard.

You're Mom

>asks question because he cant find it on google
>gets called a retard for asking question

listen here you little shit, its not a stupid question at all.

What's an ARM laptop with good battery life and that is affordable?

Nope. Worked at a company that had some, but never used one personally, only their desktops and servers.

Works on my machine.

Source?