/cyb/ + /sec/: Cyberpunk & Cybersecurity General

No one made a thread so I'm making a guest appearance.
The world a shit, time to escape edition.

Cypherpunk Manifesto:
>activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html
Cyberpunk FAQ:
>ftp://guest:[email protected]:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Alt_Cyberpunk_FAQ_V5_preview12.htm
Hacker Manifesto:
>phrack.org/issues/7/3.html
Guerilla Open Access Manifesto:
>archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

Fables, realities, prophecies and mythology of a community:
What is cyberpunk:
>pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB (embed)
The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.:
>[YouTube] Glenn Greenwald: Why privacy matters (embed)
Cyberpunk directory:
>pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH (embed)
Cyberpunk resources:
>pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx (embed)

Cybersecurity essentials/resources:
Reference books:
>mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw
>PASSWORD : ABD52oM8T1fghmY0
>pastebin.com/SCUbhpjP (embed)
>pastebin.com/VTXRAPxM (embed)
>Cntrl + F Basic Knowledges, Basic Training, Arms/Arm
>pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX (embed)
Endware: Heavy armor for anons, by anons:
>endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html

Free Shells and more:
>sdf.org/
>shells.red-pill.eu/

/cyb/ FTP:
>ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/
>user/password == guest

IRC:
>irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
>#Sup Forumspunk
>#Sup Forumssec
>(All require SSL)
IRC guide:
>gitgud.io/cyb/er/blob/0/irc_guide.md

Thread archive:
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/sec/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//
Thread backup:
>cyberpunked.org/

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/
theregister.co.uk/
technologyreview.com/
slashdot.org/
wired.com/
zdnet.com/
economist.com/news/leaders/21733983-brain-computer-interfaces-may-change-what-it-means-be-human-using-thought-control-machines
scmp.com/tech/science-research/article/2127413/japanese-scientists-just-used-ai-read-minds-and-its-amazing?lipi=urn:li:page:d_flagship3_feed;36aXDKNyRJqyhJjJpp/+rQ==
electronicsweekly.com/news/business/spectre-meltdown-not-concern-mobile-says-qualcomm-2018-01/
lwn.net/
lwn.net/Articles/742702/
lwn.net/Articles/742542/
news.ycombinator.com
soylentnews.org/
youtu.be/xSDsH6mwHqE
theregister.co.uk/2018/01/12/geeks_guide_to_britain_croome/
krebsonsecurity.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

here
Couldn't do any decent research because of really bad flu.
I managed to find some sites with either no consumer shit or as little as possible. Also I took into consideration the frequency of posting articles so it won't get dry.
News sites:
>arstechnica.com/ /tech/ + /sec/
>theregister.co.uk/ /sec/
>www.darkreading.com /sec/
>technologyreview.com/ /tech/ + /sec/
>slashdot.org/ /tech/ + /sec/
>wired.com/ /tech/
>zdnet.com/ /tech/
I've looked through those sites roughly so i need your feedback to see if they're good.

>No one made a thread so I'm making a guest appearance.
Thanks, that is appreciated. I was surprised the last thread ended so early, seems night in Europe is the weak part.

No problem man. It's a pleasure to be an OP for once for a serious thread with decent discussion,

>>arstechnica.com/ /tech/ + /sec/
Very sure of themselves but terminology is sloppy and quality is questionable.

>>theregister.co.uk/ /sec/
Good stuff but the writing style is a self parody on Britishness and not in a good way.

>>www.darkreading.com /sec/
>>technologyreview.com/ /tech/ + /sec/
Don't know those two.

>>slashdot.org/ /tech/ + /sec/
Used to be good but has imploded. Comments are upvoted for funniness morethan what is informative. Also like Arstechnica rather self assured yet sloppy.

>>wired.com/ /tech/
Another implosion.

>>zdnet.com/ /tech/
Not sure.

>News sites
How about from the FAQ? Which BTW is on Preview 13 now.
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Alt_Cyberpunk_FAQ_V5_preview13.htm#mozTocId967034

=== /cyb/ News:
>Using thought to control machines
economist.com/news/leaders/21733983-brain-computer-interfaces-may-change-what-it-means-be-human-using-thought-control-machines
>Brain-computer interfaces may change what it means to be human

What are we all learning?

I want everyone who visits this thread to post what they are currently studying in their free time. It doesn't have to be sec or even Sup Forums related, either.

Brain interfacing is definitely gaining momentum. More news...
=== /cyb/ News
>Japanese scientists just used AI to read minds and it’s amazing
scmp.com/tech/science-research/article/2127413/japanese-scientists-just-used-ai-read-minds-and-its-amazing?lipi=urn:li:page:d_flagship3_feed;36aXDKNyRJqyhJjJpp/+rQ==
>But the scientists from Kyoto developed new techniques of “decoding” thoughts using deep neural networks (artificial intelligence). The new technique allows the scientists to decode more sophisticated “hierarchical” images, which have multiple layers of colour and structure, like a picture of a bird or a man wearing a cowboy hat, for example.

This is not just reading out what someone sees but also whatthey can visualise:
>“Unlike previous methods, we were able to reconstruct visual imagery a person produced by just thinking of some remembered images,” Kamitani says.

These "news sites" are consumer, normie tier garbage. Those better not be the official list of this general. Then again, you did say this was shit edition...

>Those better not be the official list of this general.
They are not. The news sites are garbage, I agree, though The Register is at times useful.

(I must admit I do enjoy Verity Stob though)

Penetration testing from hackers playbook and playing inside some boot2roots/CTFs. Also set up metasploitable 3 the other day, that was a complete cunt because packer kept failing for no discernible reason, and deleting the .vmx it was making. Ended up adding everything into it manually.

=== /sec/ News
WE are not yet done with Spectre and Meltdown, and yet Qualcomm is feeling comfy:
>Spectre and Meltdown not a concern for mobile says Qualcomm
electronicsweekly.com/news/business/spectre-meltdown-not-concern-mobile-says-qualcomm-2018-01/
>Qualcomm president Cristiano Amon (pictured) told a CES meeting yesterday that the mobile ecosystem is uniquely protected from the Spectre and Meltdown processor flaws.

They certainly set the bar right up at the top.

I would rather nominate LWN lwn.net/
They also have regular /sec/ update such as
lwn.net/Articles/742702/
lwn.net/Articles/742542/

forgot the best ones:
news.ycombinator.com
soylentnews.org/

>soylentnews.org/
Was savaged last time ()

Learning more about Operating Systems at the moment; reading the book "Operating System concepts"(9th edition). I'm also busy with getting better at web penetration testing.

You shouldn't setup metasploitable 3, really. You should setup nebula.

Do you need really learn programming first to start doing /sec/?

I don't know. What I think is the best:
Learn both things at the same time.

Taking my CISSP tomorrow how fuck am I?

Brushing up on math, been out of school for a while and gotta prep for calc, I know laugh at me all you want but nobody ever explained math to me in a way where i actually inderstood how things actually related and in high school i was more concerned with the girls in class than math I thought I'd never need. Also doing some normal classes at uni and my hobby research is currently working on mini have projects to learn concepts, mostly working with different list types and sorting methods and I'm interested in cpu design, just want to know how an 8bit cpu works. So that's about it, not too much sec related but I like to see these threads kept alive

CISSP isn't that difficult to pass imo. Just be sure you're in the security mindset though, maybe do a CTF today.

Electrical engineering. After that, mechanical engineering.

>I'm interested in cpu design, just want to know how an 8bit cpu works.
You will find a gold mine in 6502.org in general and forum.6502.org in particular.

TIG welding. I am hoping to use capital raised to get more into programing/IT or anything thats more technology based rather than blue collar manual labor.

For all the aspiring bunker dwellers, it is time to upgrade from that shipping container:
youtu.be/xSDsH6mwHqE

Follow up from last round
>Yeah it is sparse. Actually was speaking to the guy who works on it. Pretty sure it is just one dude. i2p is sparse in general desu senpai.

What more info do you have? It is still interesting.

>slashdot.org/

>Second Life client released for Linux, ushers in new age for world changing service

One hour later, same editor

>Linux users rejoice with release of Second Life client

nigga pls

>Not being happy about second life
nigga pls

>One hour later, same editor
Editors were the main problem with Slashdot from early on. What masked the problems was that they had few competitors. That has changed. So now they are mostly irrelevant.

Speaking of The Register, they just had an interesting article on EW:
theregister.co.uk/2018/01/12/geeks_guide_to_britain_croome/

Looks like cyberpunked.org is back online.

>
>CISSP isn't that difficult to pass imo. Just be sure you're in the security mindset though, maybe do a CTF today.

Why the fuck would I do a CTF to prep for CISSP. It's a policy/management/overview of InfoSec as a whole. I don't think I'd want to jump into it from a PenTest perspective.

Well, I'm a retard. Confused it with CEH.

Machine learning with Matlab with a book that discusses the recent developments and proposes example codes to showcase the Convolution Neural Networks and the Deep Learning layers that take place to read images. It's not comprehensive but a good introduction to the field. Otherwise, I am also going to through Russel's and Norvig's tome on AI which is quite a slog since it's very academic and heavy.

Cyberpunk is outdated.

Comfypunk is also a thing we appreciate. Any particular book/movie/etc you prefer?

We all know that greed and other sins will make our future world look like the opposite of this. We are slowly corrupting is as we speak.

Hang on in there, user, the legendary comfy overload does exist! (pic related.)

krebsonsecurity.com/
It's a blog, but it's Krebs blog. Good stuff.

>krebsonsecurity.com/

Noted. I'll add that to the new sec FAQ I am drafting.