Front vs Rear fingerprint scanner

Well? Which is the best design?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Jhto1-gfMM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

neither. I don't want to accidentally unlock my phone when I put it back in my pants.

t. former fingerprint unlock user

side

no fingerprint scanner

side

None because I'm not part of the botnet.

Can't say that has ever happened to me. I prefer the back. It feels more accessible than the front. Depends on how you handle your phone I guess.

None.

Under the screen... when it becomes possible.

none. fuck off, NSA.

SIDE
I
D
E

too bad my z5c build quality is shit. plastic lense and screen popping out. it have been the best phone since nexus 5x

Front for me. Phone has to pass Norman Chan's "chicken wing test". If the phone has a finger print reader on the front and allows at least 5 fingers to be added, it passes.

That way you can program in both thumbs, both index fingers, and one pinky for when you're eating chicken wings.

Front.

Rear fingerprint scanners are absolutely fucking terrible.

Front.

Side > front > rear. The only thing rear has going for it is that it's slightly more convenient to unlock when you're just pulling it out of your pocket.

I prefer front.
Gf has P10 Plus and it's just so comfy. It's there when you pick it out of your pocket, it's there in the car stand, it's there on the desk...

It's just the perfect place. I am also getting a P10 Plus or whatever is the next model after. Back reader is only okay if you only use it for bank authentication (payment), and you are on the run all the time (i.e.: walk on street, etc).

>neither
fpbp

Side sucks in car and any other kind of mounts.

Gay. You clearly never used one. It's one of the best features that came out in the past 10 years.

>You clearly never used one
My UMPC has one. I'ts a neat novelty but I'd never use biometrics on a device that contains sensitive data.

No fingerprint scanner.

But it works so well, and you can't fool it really. I mean, yeah, if someone took a 3D scan of your fingerprint off the screen, and it turned out to be the one you have stored on the phone, and then they also had the phone, and....

So, it's just perfect.
If you have to be THAT careful, they would just use a baseball bat and waterboarding, son.

You have no idea what you're talking about do you

I'll stick to a passcode. Easy to enter even without looking thanks to my physical keyboard.
>they would just use a baseball bat and waterboarding
If I was in that situation they'd also be able to simply touch my thumb to the fingerprint reader.

>Gay. You clearly never used one. It's one of the best features that came out in the past 10 years.

YES YES YES GIVE YOUR FINGERPRINTS TO BIG COMPANIES ITS CONVENIENT

But it's not stored online. I did not say buy a OnePlus. Then again, if you fear for your data that much because you have anything like that, you should not be using any kind of cellphones anymore.

ITS NOT STORED ONLINE NOTHING TO FEAR COMPANIES DONT LIE

This binary way of thinking is beyond retarded. Biometrics < password < nothing sensitive on phone

> preach tinfoil life
> hate on RMS
What a retard.

Where did I say anything about tinfoil or RMS?

You are beyond retarded. What's the point of even having a smartphone if you can't do anything with it? It is an all or nothing situation. Either you use it knowing your privacy is compromise or you don't use it at all, protecting your privacy but losing out on convenience.

>have smartphone
>can't use cameras
>can't browse the web for anything personal
>can't send or receive personal things
>still broadcasts your position
>still listens to what you say
Nice deal you've got here, retard.

>putting words in my mouth
Not an argument.

>This binary way of thinking is beyond retarded
Pretty much implied that there's a kind of reasonable middle way, and there is not, which is what these words were supposed to show.

Sure there is. Use a password.

My current phone has a rear fingerprint scanner.

i like the front, when I have to look up some map music or shit on my car I'd rather not have to take the phone off the mount or have to enter a code/pattern for it to unlock.

Both are fine.

It's more likely you will adjust your habits to whichever you have rather than one being superior to the other.

anywhere as long as its from a nice chinese company like huawei that wont fuck you in the ass

why do I have to press the button first

front. not being able to put on a case or having a case with a gigantic hole on the back/side is retarded.

You mean like the hole for the camera?

that's the only acceptable hole. holes for logos or anything else just look BAD.

>press the button first
how else do you turn on your screen? You just push the button and the screen turns on and it unlocks instantly.

I don't want to wear down the button, my last phone did and I'm kind of wary now

stop buying shit phones. modern phones come with solid state buttons. and a touch sensor definitely should activate the screen without requiring a press.

well to be fair it was a four year old nexus 5 but good to know

>He needs a physical keyboard to enter his pass code without looking

Pleb. I can do it on my touch screen with my eyes closed.

>I don't want to wear down the button
Not gonna happen on a new phone, other components are more likely to break first anyway

I liked the fingerprint button on my XZ1 because it's in a natural position and it replaces the power button that is normally on the side of smart phones

this

>Which is the best design?
The one you like more.

I could touch type on my old iPod, never bothered learning after that as the only touchscreen phone I had only lasted a month or two before I went back to using a physical keyboard.

Is there any current smartphone without a fingerprint scanner?

youtube.com/watch?v=2Jhto1-gfMM
This.

had back ( honor 5c )
using front now ( galaxy s7e )

i kinda miss tapping the sensor to snap pictures

my nigga

too bad you are

I've had both types but prefer front. When I have my phone on a stand I cant access the rear fingerprint scanner.

I kinda want to try the side fingerprint scanners.